IGNORED

Does A Pastor Have The Right

Guest lovinghim4ever

Guest lovinghim4ever

A friend of mine just sent me a very disturbing email.

She has been faithfully paying tithes and giving offering to her church for years.

She has also been very supportive of, dedicated to and involved with many ministries of this church.

Some questions concerning the church's financial records came up.

She said she prayed about her decision to inquire and found the peace of God to do it, so she inquired.

She told her Pastor that the money God gave her to be a good steward over was part of the church's financial records,

but she was denied access to see where the church's money was being spent.

She disagreed and was told that since she felt that way she should just leave the church.

Then, the Pastor told the elders and some of the leaders in the church not to even communicate with her.

These are people she's been friends with for years!

I've always held the belief that God and I choose my friends; not man.

Does a Pastor have the right to tell you who you can and cannot communicate with?

:emot-partyblower::emot-bounce::emot-dance:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  51
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,849
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  03/17/1979

Short answer:no

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  8
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  37
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  11/28/1988

I don;t think so.

God Bless

Jessica

Guest Biblicist

Is the Pastor the head of the church or not?

Is the father the head of the home?

Do either have the right to look out for your best interests without question?

If you don't trust a pastor and the deacons, then you should leave a church. How can you trust what he is telling you from the pulpit if you do not trust him to take care of the needs of the church, even the financial needs.

Our church does not keep financial issues a secret, there are some things I do not know but they are none of my business. Many people make the mistake of thinking that the pastor works for them. He works for and by the grace of God.

I also believe fully in shunning/banning. But that is my opinion based on experiences and what I have learned from Scripture.

In His Mighty Grip,

Bib

:emot-partyblower:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  93
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  470
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

From what I've read the church sounds like a cult.

I thought shunning is only meant for bringing a brother or sister in Christ back into good moral relationship with God.

1 Corinthians 5:1-2

It is actually reported that there is sexual immorality among you, and of a kind that does not occur even among pagans: A man has his father's wife. And you are proud! Shouldn't you rather have been filled with grief and have put out of your fellowship the man who did this?

Your friend has not done anything wrong by what you've said.

no the pastor is out of line, but the issue of telling people who to communicate with is not the biggest elephant in the room here. church financial records are supposed to be OPEN! churches are nonprofit organizations and anyone has the right at any time to view the records. she shouldn't hesitate to leave that church.

when i was a child, something similar happened at a church we attended. a couple of members (friends of my parents) requested to see the financial records and were forbidden to see them. the following week the pastor did a sermon on 'wolves in sheeps clothing' making very pointed references to those whom had asked to see the records. as a result, there was a split in the church and many members left. i was too young to really know much about what was going on, but it seems like not much later the church was audited and lost it's nonprofit status and was forced to close because the money was being misused.

A friend of mine just sent me a very disturbing email.

She has been faithfully paying tithes and giving offering to her church for years.

She has also been very supportive of, dedicated to and involved with many ministries of this church.

Some questions concerning the church's financial records came up.

She said she prayed about her decision to inquire and found the peace of God to do it, so she inquired.

She told her Pastor that the money God gave her to be a good steward over was part of the church's financial records,

She disagreed and was told that since she felt that way she should just leave the church.

Then, the Pastor told the elders and some of the leaders in the church not to even communicate with her.

These are people she's been friends with for years!

I've always held the belief that God and I choose my friends; not man.

Does a Pastor have the right to tell you who you can and cannot communicate with?

:emot-partyblower::emot-bounce::emot-dance:

I would leave the church and report them.

If he's telling people not to contact you, I would say he's hiding something, and if he's hiding something concerning the finances of the church it can't be good. Report these people. If he's stealing her money, he's stealing everyone elses.

If her "friend"s" refuse to talk to her, they were not her friend's to begin with.

A Pastor is suppose to be a servant, you can't serve if you're standing over someone.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  75
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  10/02/1988

Transparency in Finance is very important especially in the church.Every single expenditure of our church appears online and it has willingly let Government agencies check its records from time to time.It is quite puzzling to learn that the Pastor actually shunned her after she asked for the records.I believe she has every right to it.Since she has been a good steward and only wants to see how God's money is being used for the Kingdom of God.I am from Singapore and for the Pastors answer....i think he has something to hid....not sure....but they wld be no hesitation if he has done nothing wrong

cheers...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

That right there signals warning bells to me.

I agree with what the others said about the congregation having the right - I'd even say the obligation - to know how their tithe is being distributed.

Either that pastor is controlling or has something to hide - maybe both.

:thumbsup: OK, it does not take a psychologist to recognize manipulation tactics.

I am leaning towards the belief that the pastor has something to hide.

Your friend needs to pray the conviction of the Holy Spirit over him. What he is doing is blazingly ungodly.

Manipulation tactics.

This pastor is in the wrong. She did absolutely nothing unbiblical in asking for the financial records.

It sounds to me that the pastor is being unfaithful, and if this is how he covers his rear then she ought to leave or raise a fuss to the others.

Pastors are mortal men like the rest of use and prone to fleshly weaknesses like anyone else. He should not be doing this.

Praying wisdom for your friend.

Guest lovinghim4ever
I would leave the church and report them.

Who would we report them to? ;)

Transparency in Finance is very important especially in the church.Every single expenditure of our church appears online and it has willingly let Government agencies check its records from time to time.It is quite puzzling to learn that the Pastor actually shunned her after she asked for the records.I believe she has every right to it.Since she has been a good steward and only wants to see how God's money is being used for the Kingdom of God.I am from Singapore and for the Pastors answer....i think he has something to hid....not sure....but they wld be no hesitation if he has done nothing wrong

cheers...

I agree! :thumbsup: I think we have a right to know how God's money is being spent; especially if we are good and faithful stewards of the money He blesses us with.