IGNORED

R U Ashamed of YOUR Identity, CHRISTIAN?

kiwi

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  128
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,692
  • Content Per Day:  0.21
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/31/1952

Why is it easier to DENY than to defend YOUR faith in public?  Does the inner personality mechanism have a weakness which more readily EXPRESSES itself in DENIAL than in AFFIRMATION?  Come on bros/sis'/friends....YOU tell me.  I was just thinking that before we blame the Apostle Peter for COWARDICE or any other personality flaw (we're good at that), let's (all of US) take a good look at our own past performance (starting with today).  Scary, isn't it?!  The Truth always is!  But...it will set you free!

Have we (you and I) ever been ashamed of our LORD/SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST?  Have we ever denied, either by audible expression or BY SILENCE our connection with HIM?  How about this.....have we ALWAYS been LOYAL to our commitment to HIM? (Watch out now....think about what YOU say, or DON'T say!)  All those who have NEVER failed in these areas, let me see a show of hands!  Oops....darn, I almost forgot....we're in cyberspace, so I can't really tell, but guess who can??!! :king:  

Let's be honest with ourselves.  If we've turned our lives over to JESUS CHRIST, we've admitted our utter depravity; we've ADMITTED our eternal weakness!  And do you know what?  It's a good thing...that's right, a GOOD THING!  Why?  Well let's just say that the man/woman who can depend upon his/her OWN strength will never see their need of GOD.  So, obviously, when we're ashamed of our connection with CHRIST, it's simply our OLD NATURE (SINFUL) dominating our lives and saying that we're NOT so bad in ourselves.  Rather than being ashamed of CHRIST, we ought to be ashamed of ourselves!  Is there anyone bold/brave enough (besides myself) to admit that?  "He's talking about me!?" (Matthew 26:69-70)

Satan/The Enemy succeeds in our lives by CONFUSING the issue.  That's right.....he gets us to DENY our LORD when in fact, we should be denying OUR sinful lusts.  It's the desire for self-affirmation, you know....self-aggrandizement.....SELF-GLORY that makes us DENY the LORD.  You don't believe me???  I'll tell you what....do your own honest (key word) self-evaluation for the past month, and PLEASE be honest with yourself.  When you've completed it, you will (hopefully) be able to understand Ephesians 2:8-9, and Romans 3:23.  ONLY HONESTY will unveil the truth of those verses, and their clarity when you do a sincere (:help:) check-up of YOU, the inner person, NOT YOU, the outer person the world (and its system) sees daily.  Peter learned this at a later date.

You know at point blank range, we'd probably affirm our faith.  But it's in the "minute talk" of life, in the ordinary pursuits of existing, that denial is MORE commonplace.  YOU don't believe me again, huh? :)  Check this out...how many of you sat in a workplace anytime over the last six months and laughed (uneasily) at a filthy joke that was told in YOUR presence and did nothing about it?  How about that conversation made with or around YOU about that man/woman some people spoke terribly about...AND YOU CONCURRED?!! (Ouch WISDOM...my toes hurt!!)

How about that "colorful language" YOU used ALL DAY LONG to intimidate or "impress" someone, yet "dogged" someone else in the same breath about missing Sunday School?  Whoa!!  How many of YOU know that often we DENY our LORD by SAYING NOTHING!  We silently agree to some non-Christian concept/practice.  Have YOU noticed that I HAVEN'T said "you", but instead, "we".  I'm just as guilty in one way or another.  Sad thing is that in those moments we become "pseudo-fence straddlers". :(  It doesn't matter whether or not YOU admit it to yourself because GOD judges the heart, NOT the outer character as the world sees.  We do not stand AGAINST sin OR for the LORD....:angry:  Lack of words or actions might be as great a denial as the calculated words of the impetuous New Testament fisherman...., uhhh, Peter, that is.

I have found that standing up for my LORD/SAVIOUR JESUS CHRIST calls for taking HIS name with me into my home, office, and places of amusement or recreation.  It calls for a continuous attempt to bring credit to the MASTER.  Wherever YOU or I go in private/public, if HE's not welcomed where we are, then maybe WE DON'T THERE EITHER!  Denial is natural....TOO natural.  Expression of belief takes real courage.  What I've found is that ONLY as we allow the HOLY SPIRIT to take control of our lives will we AVOID the piercing "wail of the crowing cock" (ask Peter) reminding us that we have slipped!!

Are YOU shamed of identifying with YOUR parents?  Are YOU ashamed of acknowledging YOUR natural father?  Then, pray do tell....WHY R U ashamed of YOUR Living GOD, who not only is your LORD and SAVIOUR, but more importantly...is YOUR Eternal FATHER??! :hmmm:  :help:

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

I know i just got convicted! OUCH!

The Sword cuts deep, don't it?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  46
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

for risk of sounding self rightoues, i was never afraid to declare my christianity,  i passed out bibles, i wore clothes with jesus  written all over it, and sang in a christian rock band, even managed to win over a few

Quote: from MrHumanSoul on 4:48 pm on Feb. 11, 2002

for risk of sounding self rightoues, i was never afraid to declare my christianity,

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  252
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,859
  • Content Per Day:  0.22
  • Birthday:  03/16/1963

Good post Wisdom. It gives people something to think about.:thumbsup:

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

OUCH!!!!  :o

Thanks Bob....:)

I write from out of a convicted/contrite heart, yielding to (and fighting) the HOLY SPIRIT!

I've seen (past) and see (present) many of these things in myself and my fellow believers.

Hello rwboyd58!

Trust me bruh....I KNOW the feeling!!!  Thank GOD for :help:  from the HOLY SPIRIT.  Without HIM we'd (Christians) all be :crosseyed:!!

Quote: from CWJ on 7:34 pm on Feb. 10, 2002

I know i just got convicted! OUCH!

The Sword cuts deep, don't it?

Yes Carl....very, very deep.

You see, I too am convicted as I write!!  Nothing is as devastating to our spiritual lives as our DENIAL of CHRIST AND our unwillingness to FORGIVE those who hurt us. BOTH will ruin our spiritual health, just as termites destroy a house FROM THE INSIDE OUT!

OUCH!  Quit poking me with that sword!  Seriously, I have never denied being a Christian.  In this society, "Christian" can just simply mean a good person who believes G-d exists and goes to church once or twice a year.  But it takes true courage to face people as a true Christian, rather than sit there and silently cringe when people are being blasphemous or using His name in vain.  I agree with you whole-heartedly, Wisdom.  Thank you for the reminder we all need.

Xan:

you speak words of quality...please continue to do so.  Our FATHER is using you wisely! ;)