Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0

HIS politics? HE has alienated moslems? HE has omitted?

Thank you for affirming that.

Was it "Fleeting Axe"?

Anyway, I was glad to see the words repeated. (Even with the question marks.)

Religious broadcaster Pat Robertson predicted Tuesday a horrific terrorist act on the United States that will result in "mass killing" late in 2007.... "I'm not necessarily saying it's going to be nuclear ... The Lord didn't say nuclear. But I do believe it will be something like that.... Predicting events for the coming year is an annual tradition for Robertson.

Who cannot see in the general vaguery of that a prophet of the caliber of Jean Dixon?

I wonder if he would be willing to host a seance? :24:

Well, I mean, when you stop to think about it some of those seance guys are right 75% of the time, so that would be an improvement for the church.

Wouldn't it? :)

In May, Robertson said God told him that storms and possibly a tsunami were to crash into America's coastline in 2006. Even though the U.S. was not hit with a tsunami, Robertson on Tuesday cited last spring's heavy rains and flooding in New England as partly fulfilling the prediction.

You see, he's practically as accurate as a weatherman.

--DH

Edited by David Haggith

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

So Floating Axe my point from verse 6 is that if we stick to the scriptures and do not exceed the authority we have to proclaim Christ then we shall not get involved in affairs that will make it even more difficult for people to respond to the gospel. At least we know that we are not out on a limb because we are within the confines of Scripture.

• Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  21
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Floating axe here is a link that may claer some of my concern

http://www.cephas-library.com/catholic/eva...s_together.html

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

The Servant,

I understand your points, and I do agree with some of them, and I also have to be careful of my flare for the dramatic. :)

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

So Floating Axe my point from verse 6 is that if we stick to the scriptures and do not exceed the authority we have to proclaim Christ then we shall not get involved in affairs that will make it even more difficult for people to respond to the gospel. At least we know that we are not out on a limb because we are within the confines of Scripture.

And my answer to that is this:

John 14:12...

I tell you the truth, anyone who believes in me will do the same works I have done, and even greater works, because I am going to be with the Father.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Floating axe here is a link that may claer some of my concern

http://www.cephas-library.com/catholic/eva...s_together.html

Thank you.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I frequent several boards and this latest prophecy is on them all. I wonder why only half of the prophecy is talked about. The first part was of God answering prayers, a mighty move of the spirit, of miracles happening. So in the event he did indeed hear from God, It could be summed it up like this.

The first part of the year of miracles could be the long awaited latter rain that many have hoped would come before the second coming. Maybe God will be filling the last page in his book and getting some fence sitters ready for his coming, are judgement. This could be the Harvest spoken of in Rev, the separation of the wheat and tares.

Then on the second half of the year we could be seeing the start of the Trib, with are without the church. Who knows for sure. rather one believes the Trib is 3 1/2 years are 7 and will happen before are after the rapture is not important at this time. If he heard from God then I would say it may be worth the time to do some praying about it for there could be more to this prophecy than one may think.

God many times warned his people before a major event was about to happen and this could be a warning are better yet a confirmation that its Harvest Time. Pat R is the only well known public figure that wouldn't back up from proclaiming what God told him. It took guts for him to go out on the limb and say what he did. :noidea:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  110
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,254
  • Content Per Day:  0.17

For the record, I don't want to imply that Pat is not saved or is not someone that God loves. I simply think he is a false prophet because his prophecy is wrong sometime. The worst damage I can see is the fact that he helps the nonbelieving world stay confident in their nonbelief by getting it wrong. Just as the TBN crowds turns nonbelievers off by acting in a silly way that even a child could understand as nutty.

Dan

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Did he actually prophesy any of these things, or did he simply say he felt these things may happen?

He says that the Lord didn't tell him the terrorist event would be a nuclear blast. That pretty clearly implies that what he is saying is from the Lord. He's not saying, "The Lord didn't tell me any of this." He's saying only that the Lord didn't tell him it would be nuclear, though Pat has a hunch it will be. The implication is that the Lord DID tell him the rest.

--DH