• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Well the way you were going on about it, Pat didn't even measure up to the Dalai Lama! The Dalai Lama couldn't even lick Pat's boots!

The Dalai Lama, while not a Christian, has devoted his entire life to the service of others. He lives simply, strives for peace, and fights for the impoverished and the oppressed. It is something of an irony that his actions are more Christian than many Christians. Of course, as Ghandi said: "I like your Christ, I don't like your Christians, Your Christians are so unlike your Christ". Its unfortunate how as Christians we see that quote ringing true time and time again.

Pat Robertson lives a life of pure luxury off of donations from largely the impoverished, has used his tax exempt aid organization to line his pockets by furthering diamond mine operations in which he was partnered with a brutal African dictator on, and has supported a war criminal and murderous dictator when the U.S. intervened in Liberia simply because Pat Robertson had 8 million invested in gold mines there.

So really, the Dalai Lama could not like Pat's boots, because the Dalai Lama probably could not afford the few minutes of Pat Robertson's very costly time to do so.

Honestly, why do guys defend a guy like Pat Robertson?

Pat Robertson is a man of means because God has blessed him. He has earned everything he receives. He has accomplished a lot, and is successful in what he does. Christians who want to support his ministry do so. I just don't believe your slanderous statements about him. They don't come from a good place...a place of judgment in the worst sense.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Anyway, I went to CBN's website, and I downloaded the Jan. 1st broadcast, where this word was given.

Near the beginning he said, "If I'm hearing the Lord right..." Take that as you will. When he spoke, it wasn't with an attitude of arrogance or bold thus saith the Lord. Concerning the evil disasters, he even said, "I hope I'm wrong."

The beginning of the word was that the Lord was going to do great miracles during the first half of the year. Then he went into how during the second half of the year evil people will do evil things (the aforementioned attacks). The result of this would be chaos and the government officials won't know what to do - like what happened with Katrina. Then he mentioned the last thing shown him was a passage in Ezra (10th chapter) where the people were rebuked for marrying foreign (heathen) wives and were commanded to put away this evil. In the same way, Christians have engaged ourselves in the evil of the world (example, how we fill our lives with violenced and sensuality and immorality through the TV and movies). The word for the Church is to remove the heathen influences from our lives, to seek the Lord, seek righteousness, seek humility that we may be spared the day of wrath.

He then encouraged that the evil can be reversed if we pray and seek the Lord and seek righteousness, seek humility.

It seemed to me that this last part was the heart of where the message was going.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Ooops - that may have been Jan. 2nd's broadcast.

:th_praying:

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.21
  • Days Won:  0

Look, the guy is a false prophet/liar and it should be obvious by now. There was no tsunami, there were no hurricanes, there was nothing.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  201
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

Look, the guy is a false prophet/liar and it should be obvious by now. There was no tsunami, there were no hurricanes, there was nothing.

Ah, but you see, AK, it makes no difference how many times they are wrong. What matters is that he has a nice smile, he's smart, he's politically savy, he makes a LOT of money (so we know he's blessed by God) and he does good things for the Lord's kingdom. With all of that to his credit, merely claiming to talk for God about global matters and being wrong hardly matters.

Nebula: Near the beginning he said, "If I'm hearing the Lord right..." Take that as you will.

Well, I would take it that he needs to clean out his ears. I mean the Creator of the entire Universe is speaking to him about massive world issues in which thousands will die, and Pat can't be sure he heard it right.

Now, if God wanted to talk to me, I think he could get the message through loud and clear, especially if he wanted me to convey it to the entire planet at the start of the new year. I know this for sure, I wouldn't go scaring the entire world with what I heard if I wasn't quite sure I had heard it correctly. I would say, "What was that, Lord? Your servant has bad ears."

--Knave Dave

Edited by David Haggith

First of all, in relation to the predictions last year, he said that the Lord told him "coasts" would be hit by storms, not limiting it to the East Coast of America

So, in other words, he said, "It's going to rain" and didn't happen to mention when or where.

Mind if I make a prediction? I say that coasts are going to get hit this year, too.

As for this show, he definately is saying that while away praying, the Lord spoke certain things to him about the coming year.

Then's let's all promise to hold him accountable for that.

First, he says that there will be a great move of God among his people in the first 6 months.

I would like to make another prediction, myself. I say there will be a great move of God among his people in the first six months. I feel pretty comfortable with that position. I will match it with the statement that there is going to be a great rain in the first six months, too. Somewhere among the 6 billion people and billions of square miles on this globe, those two things will happen.

Then he said that in the second half of the year, "Evil men will try to do evil things to us."

O.K. I'm ready to make my third prediction, but I will be more specific, speaking only by my own power: Al Qaeda will do evil things to us in the second half of this year. Now I haven't said where or to how many of us; so, I feel pretty confident that in the second half of this year Al Qaeda will do evil things to us.

He said that terrorists would terrorize many American cities, possibly with nuclear devises.

Oh.oh. You see, that's where he went to far. He was batting a 1,000 until he got carried away and said something where there is fair chance it won't happen.

he did make it clear that what he was saying were things he believes God told him while on prayer retreat.

O.K., Guys, it's time to pick up the rocks and wait. You see, there he really overstepped. He not only went out on a limb on a prediction that probably only has about 20% chance (base on the last five years) of coming true, but he said God revealed it to him. Fortunately, he left a little caveat. He said God told him things on a prayer retreat and that he could have been wrong in thinking this was one of those things God said.

Good job, Butero. (Seriously. I'm mocking Robertson, not you.) We'll know what to keep an eye on this year; but what do you want to bet that it makes no more difference to Robertsons followers if he happens to miss a few of the wilder ones than it ever did to Edgar Cayce's or Jean Dixon's followers. I think it won't even chip their paint.

As for "Roberson and his ministry," didn't you leave out a "b"?

--Knave Dave

Edited by David Haggith

I think everyone that does not like Pat should just not watch him. Pay him no attention, then you will not have anything to fuss and complain about. People I do not like, I do not watch or listen to. I have more to do than watch people I disagree with just so I would have something to complain about.

Indeed, I think some of you guys should stop making such a fuss over a little thing like false prophets? Who did they ever hurt? Especially if they're nice.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  963
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Birthday:  07/10/1963

FinallY!! Now I know who Pat Robertson is ... thank you!!

Actually, I am more than willing to hold him accountable if he misses these predictions. The only reason I have been defending him, is that I have looked at the evidence that was used against him to this point, and found it to be wrong. I know what the Bible says about false prophets, so if his predictions fail to come to pass, I will not defend him from that point forward. At the same time, I do think that those who are calling him a false prophet and a liar are wrong. They are doing so with no substantial evidence. Surely, if I can be willing to acknowledge him as a false prophet if his predictions don't occur by year's end, the critics of Roberson can bite their tongue and stop falsely accusing him in the meantime.

The only problem with your argument there Butero, is that you are assuming everyone else is operating off the same knowledge you are. Is it not possible that they have heard him say things in the past years, just as you have today, and done the same thing you are about to do, and they are simply a few years ahead of you?

I'm glad you're doing it, though. I will, too. I've listened to his broadcast now and written down what he said.

--DH

The problem is God did not appoint you or I the false prophet police.

Who did he appoint?

I thought he appointed everyone to be vigilant to that task. That's what I recall.

Pat Robertson has led more souls to Jesus Christ than you or I, so maybe you should just give him the benefit of the doubt.

You, see, there you go doing exactly what I said.

I guess you would rather the people he leads to Salvation burn in Hell because you do not agree with him.

Yeah, that was what I said??? Your argument runs like this: Joe leads a lot of souls to heaven, so why are you being so critical just because he commits adultery three times a week with three different women?

What was the punishment for adultery?

What was the punishment for false prophecy in God's name?

Baker, Swaggart, came out in the wash.

Only because the public held them accountable, and by then they had brought disgrace to the church. Now, I was saying they should have been held accountable for other glaring problems long before that but the church by and in large did not do that. So, things built up to a catastrophic disgrace that fronted the newspapers for months.

In God's due time, He took care the situation.

And he used people who care about accountability to do it. But because no one acted sooner, the damage was much greater.

Just think, how many people did Swaggart lead to God despite his faults?

And just think of how many more he would have led to the Lord if he had been held seriously accountable for his rather blatant flaws many years sooner.

--Knave Dave