IGNORED

mainstream school

Guest lnj

Guest stevej

That means God created everything in 6 24 hour days and on the 7th day He rested.

How can a day be defined as 24 hours, before the creation of the sun? :rolleyes: And why does it matter?

Steve

Steve,

This is an essential issue related to the oddball theories of how life developed as presented by Evolutionists and Intelligent Design theorists.

The Bible says God seperated light from darkness on day 1:

Gen 1:2 And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.

Gen 1:3 And God said, Let there be light: and there was light.

Gen 1:4 And God saw the light, that it was good: and God divided the light from the darkness.

Gen 1:5 And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

The Bible says the Sun and moon were not created until Day 4:

Gen 1:14 And God said, Let there be lights in the firmament of the heaven to divide the day from the night; and let them be for signs, and for seasons, and for days, and years:

Gen 1:15 And let them be for lights in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth: and it was so.

Gen 1:16 And God made two great lights; the greater light to rule the day, and the lesser light to rule the night: he made the stars also.

Gen 1:17 And God set them in the firmament of the heaven to give light upon the earth,

Gen 1:18 And to rule over the day and over the night, and to divide the light from the darkness: and God saw that it was good.

Gen 1:19 And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Where this becomes an issue is for those who will take the verse in 2 Peter out of context and certainly not within the meaning of the Greek to prove that evolution or Intelligent Design is likely.

2Pe 3:8 But, beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day.

The verse in 2 Peter merely reflects that time is of no issue to God. Time is man related and because man needs to work within rules and patterns a day to man (24 hours) has no meaning to God because He is not limited to time or space.

The issue is vital in our schools. Take God out of the equation and you are left with man's feeble attempts to explain the Supernatural that only God could have done.

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Biblicist

It matters a great deal.

Jesus is the light. We do not need the sun to have light. We have the Son, he's always been here and that is how we have light before the sun.

In the beginning was the Word and the Word was with God and the Word was God.

All things were made by him and without him not anything was made that was made.

Jesus said, I am the way, the truth, and the LIGHT.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  21
  • Topic Count:  129
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,801
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  0

Isn't this essentially "mainstream" school?

Daniel

1:3

Then the king ordered Ashpenaz, the chief of his officials, to bring in some of the sons of Israel, including some of the royal family and of the nobles,

1:4

youths in whom was no * defect, who were good-looking, *, showing intelligence in every branch of wisdom, endowed with understanding and discerning knowledge, and who had ability for serving in the king's court; and he ordered him to teach them the literature and language of the Chaldeans.

1:5

The king appointed for them a daily ration from the king's choice food and from the wine which he drank, and appointed that they should be educated three years, at the end of which they were to enter the king's personal service *.

1:6

Now among them from the sons of Judah were Daniel, Hananiah , Mishael and Azariah.

1:7

Then the commander of the officials assigned new names to them; and to Daniel he assigned the name Belteshazzar, to Hananiah Shadrach, to Mishael Meshach and to Azariah Abed-nego.

A child may maintain a strong faith in a public school and a child may have a weak faith in a Christian school; I have seen children evangelize and stumble whether in a public school, private school, or homeschooled. A parent has the responsibility to prayerfully consider placement and then participate in their child's education wherever they are placed.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

I attended public school, then private school for 3 years and hated it so much that my parents finally let me return to public school :)

All of my children have attended public school, 1 still is. But luckily these are County schools that allow as much Christianity in as is legally possible. They have a huge Bible Club that meets once a week before classes. When the annual Meet you at the pole comes around nearly every student takes part :taped:. The Ten Commandments are on a pedestal right outside of the highschool entrance. All us parents with kids of approximately the same age know who each other are,if not personally, and are not afraid to be in touch if a situation warrants it. I also know the principal and counselors well, been to their offices a few times. :blink:

I know there are some terrible public schools out there and fully realize how blessed we are.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  145
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  02/06/1963

I was able to homeschool my 4 children from preschool to 8th grade, but I did not do all of them for all the grades. My girls did better at homeschool. My boys did better in public school. My children never asked me why they were taught God as creator at Sunday school as opposed to evolution in public school. Maybe their faith was strong enough it wasn't an issue? Maybe I'm senile and just don't remember them asking. You know, I'm embarrassed to admit I never thought about it until I saw this thread. I'm going to make it a point to ask each of them about it over the next couple of days.

If you want your child educated according to Christian belief, you do have to homeschool or send to private school. I have heard that some schools are now allowed to teach "Intelligent Design". :thumbsup:

Unfortunately, those are not viable options for everyone for many reasons: finances, state laws, etc.. And, as someone else said earlier in this thread, if we teach them Christianity at home, what better place for them to learn how to witness out in the world than in public school.

The best way to decide what is best for your child is by asking God to show you His will in the matter.

Psa 132:12 If thy children will keep my covenant and my testimony that I shall teach them, their children shall also sit upon thy throne for evermore.

Being heavenly minded will make a person of greater earthly good, because they are trying to bring people into the Kingdom

I couldn't agree more.

But as I said a couple of posts ago, I know many people who are so "spiritual" that they would never think of associating with the very people (pagans) who need them.

Steve

That's being selective and it's so common these days with Christians. We are the selected, chosen - to walk amongst the worldly - just not be of the world...different thing.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  26
  • Content Count:  3,216
  • Content Per Day:  0.44
  • Birthday:  05/16/1962

We are the selected, chosen - to walk amongst the worldly - just not be of the world...different thing.

Yup :thumbsup:

Steve

If you want your child educated according to Christian belief, you do have to homeschool or send to private school.

But as Christians, don't we teach our children about God anyway? :thumbsup: Do you really want to entrust this huge responsibility to someone else?

Steve

If you want your child educated according to Christian belief, you do have to homeschool or send to private school.

But as Christians, don't we teach our children about God anyway? :thumbsup: Do you really want to entrust this huge responsibility to someone else?

Steve

That's true..Such a huge responsibility, everyone takes part in the moulding and shaping of our treasured gifts of life.

That's true..Such a huge responsibility, everyone takes part in the moulding and shaping of our treasured gifts of life.

That's why I don't feel a particular compulsion to send my son to a "Christian" school.

Steve