IGNORED

Communication with the Dead-Bible Study Question

Guest LAW

In the adult Sunday school i am teaching, the subject of whether the dead can communicate with us or whether this is just the artifice of satan has arisen. I maintain that we are strictly forbidden by scripture from communication with the saints who have passed on. others say that they have had positive experiences where they were visited by either angels or dead relatives.

I am going to try to research a little more as i can, but thought that maybe someone has run into this topic before and can point me to scripture/church doctrine that might help me.

thanks,

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36
  • Days Won:  0

In a time crunch here, will quickly answer and respond with more scripture later.

1 Corinthians 11:14 And no wonder, for Satan himself masquerades as an angel of light.

Some pyschics, such as John Edwards will say (and maybe even believe in their heart, I don't really know) that their psychic ability is a gift from God to help those who are hurting and grieving. I think Satan knows enough to be able to do quite a bit of decieving, THOUGH- since he is NOT omnipresent, he WILL make an occasional mistake, but he tries very hard not to, lest people discover that he is simply masquerading as an angel of light. When people are grieving and in pain, what do they need so badly to hear about? GOD! ONLY God can TRULY help them! Satan uses psychics to keep people from looking to God, and what better time to do that than when they are vulnerable and in great pain? Psychics will never talk about Jesus. Instead, pyschics make it sound like we don't need Jesus to get into heaven. What would our loved ones in heaven really want to say to those who they left behind on earth and are unsaved? THE MESSAGE OF THE GOSPEL OF COURSE! That right there tells me NO WAY IS THE PSYCHIC ABILITY A GIFT FROM GOD!

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Anyone who claims to have been visited by a dead relative or an angel, is under a powerful delusion. Demons can and do masquerade as dead people in order to cause people to fall into their trap of not looking to Jesus for their solace, and their healing from grief. It takes away from faith in God to such an extent that it becomes the sin of idolatry. The worshiping of angels and demons is a most deadly sin, bringing with it torment and not comfort!

floating, i agree. but i would like to present Biblical evidence. so often we are deceived by our emotions and feelings. that's why it's always good to check with other believers and bounce things off of them.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  662
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/01/1960

anyone having a visit from a dead relative is more than likly having a visit from a "familiar spirit". Which is demonic.. see Deut 18:9-13. It will always lead into doctrinal error. It may seem comforting on the surface but the curse wil eventually come with it.. BTW~it comes with a death curse. See Lev 19:26, 31. and others if you do a word search.

Blessings

Karen

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

floating, i agree. but i would like to present Biblical evidence. so often we are deceived by our emotions and feelings. that's why it's always good to check with other believers and bounce things off of them.

Then you get biblical evidence!

Leviticus 19:31

Give no regard to mediums and familiar spirits; do not seek after them, to be defiled by them: I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 20:6

And the person who turns to mediums and familiar spirits, to prostitute himself with them, I will set My face against that person and cut him off from his people.

Leviticus 20:27

A man or a woman who is a medium, or who has familiar spirits, shall surely be put to death; they shall stone them with stones. Their blood shall be upon them.

Psalm 115:17

The dead do not praise the LORD,Nor any who go down into silence.

There's a good start...reveals how God considers it evil.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.93
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

others say that they have had positive experiences where they were visited by either angels or dead relatives.

But . . . but . . . God . . . I don't care what Your Scriptures say. . . .

Hey, if it came through a dream I'd leave it alone. But if the person consulted a medium, they are sinning as much as if they murdered, stole or committed adultary.