• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  145
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.14
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/23/1973

I wrote this to a friend. Please let me know what you think. Is it sound biblically? Well written too? BE LOVING AND CONSTRUCTIVE. BUT MOST OF ALL BE HONEST! Thanks.

JOHN 11:44

44And he that was dead came forth, bound hand and foot with graveclothes: and his face was bound about with a napkin. Jesus saith unto them, Loose him, and let him go.

This verse sums up how I feel about your depressing ramblings. I rejoice inasmuch that I have a friend whose depressing ramblings I can listen to. And be listened to by them. Jesus, after raising Lazarus, could have taken away the bandages. But HE chose to have Lazarus' friends do so. You, my beloved friend, and sister in JESUS, are bound in bandages. The bandages are your depression. And your ramblings, and my listening, are what looses you from the bandages. We are all, in many ways, wrapped in Bandages, or BONDAGE. Smokers, Druggies, any type of addiction, or depressed. It is all a bandage, or bondage. I rejoice, NOT IN YOUR BEING DEPRESSED, but in the fact that you are being loosed. And that we are helping each other. I rejoice in that I help you, and that I have a friend to help. That, and again NOT THE DEPRESSION, is a joy. GOD will loose you, in HIS time, from being sick. For now, rest and do not worry.

Matthew 6:28-32:

28"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. 29Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. 30If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? 31So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' 32For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them.

You see HE is taking care of everything.

GOD RESTORE MY BELOVED FRIEND AND SISTER IN JESUS *EDIT FOR PRIVACY* TO HEALTH. BRING YOUR DOVE OF PEACE TO REST WITHIN HER HEART. COMFORT HER IN HER SICKNESS. AND BRING HER JOY FOR YOU WILL SOON MAKE HER WELL. YOU WILL BRING A MIRACLE ANNOINTING TO HER. AND SHE WILL PRAISE YOUR NAME IN HEALTH FOR THE HEALING MIRACLE YOU WILL BRING HER. AND SEE TO HER FINANCES. TAKE OVER IT FOR HER. AND BRING HER FREEDOM!! AND BE HER FRIEND AND FATHER IN THESE TIMES ALWAYS LETTING HER KNOW THAT SHE IS LOVED AND THAT SHE HAS FRIENDS TO TURN TO. WE ASK THIS IN THE NAME OF MOST PRECIOUS JESUS...AMEN!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  545
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,400
  • Content Per Day:  5.10
  • Days Won:  248
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

having read all the way through I understand what you are saying but to be honest if I was depressed or in need of help I think I would have stopped reading at the phrase "your depressing ramblings " :blink: ..it sounds a bit harsh and critical :wub:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  28
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  418
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/13/1965

I agree with miss pear, the words "ramblings" comes across very negatively, especially to a woman. Keep in mind that not all depression is bondage ("bondage" being linked to sin).

I agree with miss pear, the words "ramblings" comes across very negatively, especially to a woman. Keep in mind that not all depression is bondage ("bondage" being linked to sin).

having read all the way through I understand what you are saying but to be honest if I was depressed or in need of help I think I would have stopped reading at the phrase "your depressing ramblings " :blink: ..it sounds a bit harsh and critical :wub:

You are both correct. I should used more tact. But I rejoice in that I seem to have gotten across what I was trying to say. So, while well written, it could have been a bit better.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The analogy of Lazarus' graveclothes is excellent. The Lord gave me that one a few years ago as well. We are the ones Jesus uses to help remove the stinking, binding graveclothes from those who are bound!

Yes, depression is bondage.

The analogy of Lazarus' graveclothes is excellent. The Lord gave me that one a few years ago as well. We are the ones Jesus uses to help remove the stinking, binding graveclothes from those who are bound!

Yes, depression is bondage.

Thanks Floatingaxe. I first heard the Lazarus analogy in a Sermon by Gary Wilkerson. It moved me so much. I am THANKFULL to GOD for bringing that into my heart and life.

You are both correct. I should used more tact. But I rejoice in that I seem to have gotten across what I was trying to say.

AWESOME :rolleyes: If she knows you well, she may know what you meant. :noidea: We sensitive women always catch little "uh-oh's"

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57
  • Days Won:  1

Another thing you need to consider is that some forms of depression have a chemical causality. Simply telling the person they need to get "undepressed" will not work. Also, I am not sure if the story of Lazarus was intended by John to address the subject to which you are attempting to apply it.

You are both correct. I should used more tact. But I rejoice in that I seem to have gotten across what I was trying to say.AWESOME :rolleyes: If she knows you well, she may know what you meant. :noidea: We sensitive women always catch little "uh-oh's"

I am sure she knows what I meant. But again you are correct. If I were to write a series of devotionals, I would still be blunt, as is my nature to say what I mean. But I would soften it.

Who knows I GOD might be calling me to do that, or preach.

Another thing you need to consider is that some forms of depression have a chemical causality. Simply telling the person they need to get "undepressed" will not work. Also, I am not sure if the story of Lazarus was intended by John to address the subject to which you are attempting to apply it.

AMEN. That's what i was saying ^ there when I said not all depression is a bondage due to sin.