• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Hi,

just wanted to say, that my mom used to be a memeber of the Eastern stars, and she got called for Jury Duty. During the juror selection My mother volunteered the information that she was a memember of this group; it was a african American on trial; the judge dismissed her right away.

So sounds like there is a problem with this group to me.

P.S I wouldn't trust Wicked pieda that on-line encylopidea, I viewed a CNN article stating that some of it's information is questionable.

The reason for that is it's a user-updated site, so many many people from anywhere can change things on there. However, used as a companion to other sources I don't see a problem with it. From what I've been finding so far, that particular article is correct. Also, many (not all, by any means, but most) of the people who update Wikipedia's articles are doing it because they care about the subject...not with some malicious intent to pass on false information.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

The whole thing sounds a little questionable to me.

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  1,131
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  02/25/1962

Hi,

just wanted to say, that my mom used to be a memeber of the Eastern stars, and she got called for Jury Duty. During the juror selection My mother volunteered the information that she was a memember of this group; it was a african American on trial; the judge dismissed her right away.

So sounds like there is a problem with this group to me.

P.S I wouldn't trust Wicked pieda that on-line encylopidea, I viewed a CNN article stating that some of it's information is questionable.

The reason for that is it's a user-updated site, so many many people from anywhere can change things on there. However, used as a companion to other sources I don't see a problem with it. From what I've been finding so far, that particular article is correct. Also, many (not all, by any means, but most) of the people who update Wikipedia's articles are doing it because they care about the subject...not with some malicious intent to pass on false information.

Great, maybe I can over there and correct a few problems I see with the Theory of eviloution

:whistling:

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  49
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  09/23/1977

Thanks for the info guys.

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

It's all cultish and we should avoid it.

So is the cult of christianity. Why should we avoid it?

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Oh boy...another word issue...here's something I posted a while ago:

You can try to explain it away, but christianity IS a religion, and all religions are cults. Your arguments are specious and easily dissimulated.

I just want to clear a couple things up here:

First of all, I'm going to assume you're going by the dictionary definition of a cult. In which case, your'e probably right, religion could almost be synonymous with cult. However, beyond the dictionary definitoin of "cult," the word is used to describe something that is beyond religion. The distinction between religion and what we Christians (and others) tend to term a "cult" can be seen in this list (I hope Smalcald doesn't mind if I borrow something he posted :whistling: ):

Well cults have some specific markers, not just bad doctrine.

1.) Separating believers from family and close friends

2.) Sleep deprivation

3.) Charismatic leadership who can speak only the truth and are somehow "anointed" by God especially among men

4.) Hell if believers leave for any other Christian group

5.) All that are not part of this group are doomed

6.) Lack of transparency in leadership finances and lifestyle.

7.) Leaders who live in luxury because somehow they are "ordained" to do so, while members must toil.

8.) Leaders who refuse to have people over them in the form of Elders, a Church board, denomination or even doctrine. Leaders do not serve the congregation and who can be released by the congregation, but see the congregation as an extension of their own personal ministry. The congregation serves the leader, and not vice versa.

9.) Criticism of leadership is not allowed under any circumstance, AND criticism means that the member has a spiritual problem.

10) A continual focus on earning and generating new tithes, money or new converts who will gather more tithes and money.

So no, in that case, the word "cult" does not apply to every religion.

Second. Christianity is a religion...it's also not ONLY a religion (keep in mind I'm speaking from the point of view of a Believer). Religion does not usually include relationship with ones god. Ours, however, does. In Christianity, we have a real and personal relationship with our Saviour.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  225
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  12/11/1960

I am a member of OES although I haven't attended meetings for about 7 years. I went for quite a few years and in my opinion there is nothing concerned with it that goes against the Bible. I would not have attended at all if it did.

I see the ladies from my chapter occasionally and they would love to see me come again, But since I moved about 7 years ago it is about 25 miles to get there and I always seem to have an excuse to stay home. :whistling:

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

You can try to explain it away, but christianity IS a religion, and all religions are cults. Your arguments are specious and easily dissimulated.

First of all, I'm going to assume you're going by the dictionary definition of a cult. In which case, your'e probably right, religion could almost be synonymous with cult. However, beyond the dictionary definitoin of "cult," the word is used to describe something that is beyond religion. The distinction between religion and what we Christians (and others) tend to term a "cult" can be seen in this list (I hope Smalcald doesn't mind if I borrow something he posted :blink: ):

2.) Sleep deprivation

3.) Charismatic leadership who can speak only the truth and are somehow "anointed" by God especially among men

7.) Leaders who live in luxury because somehow they are "ordained" to do so, while members must toil.

8.) Leaders who refuse to have people over them in the form of Elders, a Church board, denomination or even doctrine. Leaders do not serve the congregation and who can be released by the congregation, but see the congregation as an extension of their own personal ministry. The congregation serves the leader, and not vice versa.

9.) Criticism of leadership is not allowed under any circumstance, AND criticism means that the member has a spiritual problem.

10) A continual focus on earning and generating new tithes, money or new converts who will gather more tithes and money.

Second. Christianity is a religion...it's also not ONLY a religion (keep in mind I'm speaking from the point of view of a Believer). Religion does not usually include relationship with ones god. Ours, however, does. In Christianity, we have a real and personal relationship with our Saviour.

NO i said the Cult of Christianity. People are in major denial about it.

A cult of Christianity is a group of people, which claiming to be Christian, embraces a particular doctrinal system taught by an individual leader, group of leaders, or organization, which (system) denies (either explicitly or implicitly) one or more of the central doctrines of the Christian faith as taught in the sixty-six books of the Bible.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

First of all, I'm going to assume you're going by the dictionary definition of a cult. In which case, your'e probably right, religion could almost be synonymous with cult. However, beyond the dictionary definitoin of "cult," the word is used to describe something that is beyond religion. The distinction between religion and what we Christians (and others) tend to term a "cult" can be seen in this list (I hope Smalcald doesn't mind if I borrow something he posted :blink: ):

2.) Sleep deprivation

NO i said the Cult of Christianity. People are in major denial about it.

A cult of Christianity is a group of people, which claiming to be Christian, embraces a particular doctrinal system taught by an individual leader, group of leaders, or organization, which (system) denies (either explicitly or implicitly) one or more of the central doctrines of the Christian faith as taught in the sixty-six books of the Bible.

Either way---we should avoid these things.

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

This is nothing but a cult. Do a study on the rituals and you'll find they are very simular to witchcraft rituals. Think about something..........do you want to be a part of a secret society? Is the gospel of Christ a secret gospel that only the elite can hear? Why are all religions welcomed and worshipped as one god?

There are many things on the internet to study that can keep ya going for days. Dive in with prayer for wisdom, knowledge and understanding.

Peace to ya,

Brian