IGNORED

Benny Hinn

I just looked at this thread for the first time and haven't had time to read all the posts so I am mainly responding to the first post. I've never seen this Binn guy but if you take "little Gods" or "little Messiahs" figuratively, it's true. We all carry a measure of God's spirit and we carry God's message of salvation to the people. Of course, if you take it literally like saying we are our own God or Messiah, then that would be blasphemous. I would venture a guess to say he is probably speaking figuratively. Since when is faith healing "unbiblical and heretical". How can you limit the works of God like that?

John 10:33 The Jews answered him, saying, For a good work we stone thee not; but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God.

John 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?

• Replies 327
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  94
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Benny Hinn onced announced on one of his programs that starting with the next weeks show that anyone who wanted to know what was going on in Heaven should tone in. He was going to be permitted by God to televise from Heaven to show everyone what is going on there. He also made a statement that if you had a loved one to die that you could tune into one of his shows and place the dead one's hand on the tv screen and he would raise that person from the dead.

I am no trying to judge this man I think that he has already done that to himself!!

RW

Matthew 17:19 Then came the disciples to Jesus apart, and said, Why could not we cast him out?

Matthew 17:20 And Jesus said unto them, Because of your unbelief: for verily I say unto you, If ye have faith as a grain of mustard seed, ye shall say unto this mountain, Remove hence to yonder place; and it shall remove; and nothing shall be impossible unto you.

Sounds like he believes he is hearing from heaven and that God has given him the gift of healing. Maybe he just has faith as a grain of mustard seed and is acting on it.

• Steward

• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,788
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  129
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

To Levithon,

Before commenting, maybe you should look into Benny Hinn?  It seems odd to defend something, when you admit you do not even know who he is?  Just something to think about.

With much agape love,

George  

Guest waiting4646

this message is for rwboyd58 I agree very much with,  that he really is like a religous jerry springer, ha" ha" his show is ment to entertain, perhaps that is what his intent is.

just a thought.I mean you and I and I hope other Christians

should know, God said, all souls belong to me. he alone

controls reserection. its like fortune tellers, tara cards,

these are absolutely tools for satan. I am not judgeing benny hinn, he is doing a good job of that himself, the lord gave us sences, and my sences I have to trust,and I trust the lord.

Maybe you are right George, I've just been going by what people have said here. I haven't seen anything that convinces me he is of the devil, just some people criticizing him. I know that Christians have a tendency to over react about this kind of thing and see the devil in the woodwork. Many Christians are very closed minded when it comes to new approaches to spitiuality or Christianity and I think they like to think that their way is the only true way. To me, every religion or ism or schism has something weird about them so it's sometimes the kettle calling the frying pan black. I'm sure he has some weird ideas, so does everyone else. Christ said that "by their fruits ye shall know them" so if it's bearing good fruit in people's lives. praise the Lord!

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  7
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

I was shocked to read the items in this thread. Not being an avid TBN/Miracle/Vision watcher in the past, I tend to watch those programs that "feed my spirit".

Let us know if he responds, thinkinggal.

As far as women like Jan Crouch wearing too much make-up and judging her for it, let us remember there is no command to not indulge in make-up, but there is a command to love one another.  Before I get blasted for that comment, let me continue.  Depression and insecurity does weird things to women.  Jan is a beautiful woman who does not think that of herself, so she hides her "flaws" by making herself look ugly.  One might argue vanity and be right, but to make oneself ugly to hide the imperfections in beauty shows a very unhappy woman who needs compassion and prayer.

Quote: from prophetic warrior on 11:43 pm on Feb. 13, 2002

Do not pass judgement on God's annointed!

What the word of God tells us is "Touch not mine anointed, and do my prophets no harm." The meaning is simple, don't kill God's messengers.

Nobody is killing Benny Hinn or any of the other "MY NAME Ministries." Can you just imagine a www.georgeboards.com? Nevertheless, one does have to be willing to evaluate the message of the messenger and the fruits.

Paul DID tell us to "Prove all things; hold fast that which is good." Yes we should "Judge not, that ye be not judged." But we know that we are, as a matter of fact, to judge from Jesus' own words recorded in John 7:24,"Judge not according to the appearance, but judge righteous judgment."

When Jesus tells "judge not" He warns us, "For with what judgment ye judge, ye shall be judged: and with what measure ye mete, it shall be measured to you again." If we judge unrighteously, or unfairly, then we too will be condemn.

Jas 2:13 For he shall have judgment without mercy, that hath shewed no mercy; and mercy rejoiceth against judgment.

Righteous judgement is never passed without the intentions of offering mercy, but should one reject God's righteous judgement, then there can be no mercy.

Psm 19; 9 The fear of the LORD is clean, enduring for ever: the judgments of the LORD are true and righteous altogether. 10 More to be desired are they than gold, yea, than much fine gold: sweeter also than honey and the honeycomb. 11 Moreover by them is thy servant warned: and in keeping of them there is great reward.

The reason the Psalmist says all this is clear from is next verse, 12 "Who can understand his errors? cleanse thou me from secret faults." With out God's judgements we couldn't know our sin.

Righteous judgement, God toward