• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

How about "Thou Shalt Not Kill"? Can it get any more black and white?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Actually it is my understanding that the literal translation is Thou Shalt Not Murder. The problem is at what point is a fetus biblically considered a person.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Actually it is my understanding that the literal translation is Thou Shalt Not Murder. The problem is at what point is a fetus biblically considered a person.

It is at ALL points a person. Who are we to declare wether or not if a life God created is a person or not? Can you find scripture that says a fetus is not a person? Of course not, because that is preposterous. All life is created by God and is to be cherished.

no, forrest, i'd never heard of the NAB til you mentioned it. since then i've looked up reviews on the version from dozens of sites, including catholic ones, all of which state that it is NOT word for word. i might add that none of the sites said anything negative about the version, so don't go thinking that they were bashing it. they actually gave very glowing recommendations for this paraphrase. google it. that's what i did, and it's something you're good at.

as to your question of when God considers a fetus to be human, try READING the Bible. maybe some passages where God says 'i knit you in your mother's womb" and knew your name before you were formed and those kinds of things.

but maybe your precious paraphrase words them ambiguously which gives you an excuse not to believe that God considers life at conception.

It is at ALL points a person. Who are we to declare wether or not if a life God created is a person or not? Can you find scripture that says a fetus is not a person? Of course not, because that is preposterous. All life is created by God and is to be cherished.

Can you find any scripture that says they are a person? I do know traditionally even Orthodox Jews do not believe that a fetus is a full fledged person and is not a person until born.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Well, GOD considers a fetus a person at conception.

no, forrest, i'd never heard of the NAB til you mentioned it. since then i've looked up reviews on the version from dozens of sites, including catholic ones, all of which state that it is NOT word for word. i might add that none of the sites said anything negative about the version, so don't go thinking that they were bashing it. they actually gave very glowing recommendations for this paraphrase. google it. that's what i did, and it's something you're good at.

as to your question of when God considers a fetus to be human, try READING the Bible. maybe some passages where God says 'i knit you in your mother's womb" and knew your name before you were formed and those kinds of things.

but maybe your precious paraphrase words them ambiguously which gives you an excuse not to believe that God considers life at conception.

The NAB is no more paraphrased than the NASB, the RSV, or the NRSV. It is simply a modern translation. You are comparing it to The Message and that is an absurd comparison.

The full text of the Bible is here: http://www.nccbuscc.org/nab/bible/ , just look a few verses up and compare it to what ever translation you use, you will find that its not a paraphrased Bible.

Also, I know the verses you are referring to. However, while its obvious that God knows that a fetus becomes a person, which is a given. There is nothing in scripture that I can think of that would indicate that God believes a fetus or an embryo should have the same rights and protections as a new born does. I have a 6 year old son. An 8 week old embryo is not the same thing as my 6 year old son. An 8 week old embryo is not the same thing as my son when he was a newborn.

i provided you snippets of scriptures that indicate LOUD AND CLEAR that God considers a fetus a life. i didn't provide chapter and verse, but i'm SURE you're capable of finding them. why don't you take a few moments and look them up and provide them to us? am i giving you too much credit thinking you're capable of that?

absurd? i told you what i read in many reviews, including from catholic sites, and you're saying it's absurd to compare it to the message?

oh the irony, considering the one and only passage you provided us was almost identical to the way the passage reads in the message.

i provided you snippets of scriptures that indicate LOUD AND CLEAR that God considers a fetus a life. i didn't provide chapter and verse, but i'm SURE you're capable of finding them. why don't you take a few moments and look them up and provide them to us? am i giving you too much credit thinking you're capable of that?

I do not disagree that God considers a fetus a life. My point is that no where in scripture does God consider a fetus a full fledged person.