• Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

OH,

Thanks for the responses!

Just a few quick points and then I'll quit the issue and follow back in line with the intention of the thread (Abortion).

We can carry the war stuff to another thread once you give your rebuttals, if you so desire to post some. :24:

First, I think you are confusing Iraq with the Al'Quida (or however you spell it). Iraq was not supporting terrorists, it had an oppresive government for sure, but don't associate Iraq with the terrorists who attacked at 9/11.

Nope. In fact, I was probably not clear enough in that post. I have never associated the regime of Saddam Hussein with the terrorists who carried out the attacks on 9/11. What I was doing was describing past terroristic actions in general, and not really trying to specify any certain group.

Whether the name is Al-Qaeda, Hezbollah, or any other such band of merry terrorists, the tactics are basically the same, and not to be even remotely seen as equal to the blood of innocent babies. My point was that terrorists have the opportunity make their choices, and assume the risks associated with such actions.

Babies in the womb, however, are not given that basic choice. They are completely at the mercy of the host parent and whatever decision they may make.

That was my point. :emot-hug::24:

Second, my idea of justice isn't more violence. Capture and charge these people criminally in a court of law or something. Just because someone commits terrible acts doesn't mean we are suddenly allowed to do the same acts back to them. Keep them from commiting more hateful acts, but we don't need to kill them. Based upon my previous statement...

Your idea of justice will not bring the ones responsible to real justice. These were not criminal acts, despite what you might hear dripping out of the mouths of people like Kennedy and Kerry. These are not ordinary criminals.

Under your plan, we would have to hit the courts up and name the entire leadership of the Taliban and Al-Qaeda in affidavits in order to get arrest warrants to seek permission to arrest them the next time they happen to step onto American soil.

You may notice that I placed two words of yours in bold in the last quote. It is this "or something" that is being carried out at the moment. These are not criminals, they are state-sponsored terrorists who's time of terror has come to a head.

Finally, we have a President who wants to do something about it. Most of the past ones simply sluffed it off to the next guy, hoping that they wouldn't have to deal with the problem.

Now, things are different.

If we don't change our attitude and stop trying to hand them arrest warrants, we are going to find ourselves in a lot more trouble than we can handle.

Yes, violence is the last thing we want to counter with, but at this point, I think it's justified. Remember, this can all stop if they would simply stop planning to hit us again.

It would all be over if they would simply stop. In my opinion, the ball is in their court.

Men should never decide who "deserves life" and who "deserves death", that is something that only God knows.

Interesting. Yet you support a woman's right to abortion?

You would figure they would have supported our authorization to do their dirty work if they wanted us to do their dirty work, yes. The fact that they didn't give us authorization lends me to believe they didn't support it. But I know that's just crazy talk! :emot-hug:

No, it's not crazy talk, it simply talk of someone who is in serious error concerning the facts. :wub:

But, I'm going to give you a chance to redeem your post here. You seriously need to go back and look (and I mean a good, hard look) at the resolutions that the UN voted for just before the beginning of the invasion of Iraq.

Also, I want you to take another look at the US Congressional vote concerning the authority to attack Iraq just before the invasion.

I can give you the facts, but I think in this case, it's going to be better for you if you did the research yourself....

Nah, what the heck....

Both the UN, and the US Congress gave clear and direct authorization for us to use force in Iraq. They both gave legal justification for such action, and the invasion was completely in line with numerous votes in both bodies. That was the whole idea of both of the final speeches in front of the UN and in front of the US Congress just before the invasion started, if you remember correctly.

You, my friend, are in error if you think that the UN did not give the go ahead for the invasion.

But don't simply take my word for it. Go ahead and look it up in their official files. Both bodies may have flip-flopped on the issue since that time, but the fact remains: Both bodies of government voted "yea" to go ahead with the invasion.

And please, post the results here so we can end this debate. :emot-hug:

Or, if you would like, you can feel free to PM me with your results. Remember, stick to the official files of the UN Resolutions, and not any other source which may skewer the matter in either direction, for or against.

Ready....begin!

Have a great night. :24:

t.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Nebula:

Hamburger -

Do you believe abortion is ending the life of a soul?

Why does this question keep getting ignored? noidea.gif

Because the original topic was about a bill, not about one's stance on abortion. You can be against abortion and the bill at the same time. I didn't (and still don't) think my personal feelings are required. Of course this topic has been hijacked to high heaven at this point :24:

I am curious though, what would you do if I said I no, and what would you do if I said yes?

I believe this is called "artful dodging." :24:

So far, Hamburger, all you have talked about is "right to privacy" - as if privacy is more valuable than life.

Hiding sin does nothing good - you can find this in Scripture.

Something else to think about:

Pr 17:15 - Acquitting the guilty and condemning the innocent-- the Lord detests them both.

• 4 weeks later...

absurd? i told you what i read in many reviews, including from catholic sites, and you're saying it's absurd to compare it to the message?

oh the irony, considering the one and only passage you provided us was almost identical to the way the passage reads in the message.

The Message:

Exodus 21:22-25

"When there's a fight and in the fight a pregnant woman is hit so that she miscarries but is not otherwise hurt, the one responsible has to pay whatever the husband demands in compensation. But if there is further damage, then you must give life for life

I miss you brother Forrest!

I never heard how the adoption of the little girl from China is going?

This maybe an issue we should take to The Throne of God and stand together beside you and your wife?

The scriptures Forrest refered to in no wise defend the practice of abortion. They are dealing with the issue of an unborn baby who is accidentally killed when two men are fighting and somehow a pregnant woman is accidentally struck. It is a type of manslaughter. God's law always made a distinction between an accidental killing and a wilful one. That is where the whole issue of cities of refuge came in. Even in the translation or paraphrased versions he is using, the word child is consistantly used to describe the "fetus." There is nothing ambiguous here, and there is no doubt that Biblically, a "fetus" is a child, therefore abortion is murder.

Amen to that Brother!

Any word on their adoption of the little girl?

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.24
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

I miss you brother Forrest!

I never heard how the adoption of the little girl from China is going?

This maybe an issue we should take to The Throne of God and stand together beside you and your wife?

The scriptures Forrest refered to in no wise defend the practice of abortion. They are dealing with the issue of an unborn baby who is accidentally killed when two men are fighting and somehow a pregnant woman is accidentally struck. It is a type of manslaughter. God's law always made a distinction between an accidental killing and a wilful one. That is where the whole issue of cities of refuge came in. Even in the translation or paraphrased versions he is using, the word child is consistantly used to describe the "fetus." There is nothing ambiguous here, and there is no doubt that Biblically, a "fetus" is a child, therefore abortion is murder.

Amen to that Brother!

Any word on their adoption of the little girl?

I'd been wondering where he was. That's probably where.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Hey guys. We have not left for China yet, just been very busy at work and on projects around the house the last few weeks. So just have not had much spare time (been on a productivity kick lately).

Hope everything is going well for everyone on here.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Hey guys. We have not left for China yet, just been very busy at work and on projects around the house the last few weeks. So just have not had much spare time (been on a productivity kick lately).

Hope everything is going well for everyone on here.

I had been wondering where you were as well. I didn't know about the baby till Marnie mentioned it. That is very exciting news. When do you head for China?

We are at the last stage right now. Just waiting for travel approval from the Chinese Government. Will probably travel sometime in April.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  276
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  7,474
  • Content Per Day:  0.97
  • Birthday:  01/31/1966

Hi Forrest!

Many blessings and prayers for your journey. May the Lord bless your efforts, and keep you encouraged! :wub:

t.