• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

Well, it probably just means more women would go to get abortions out of state, if they could afford it. If they can't afford to go anywhere else, they're stuck in-state and potentially blacklisted for life. Great.

i'd still like to know how anyone comes to the conclusion that anyone would be "blacklisted". that is beyond far fetched. it's plain ludicrous. but yet it seems that a couple of folks here keep insisting on using that term and the scarlet letter term.

use an argument that makes sense, for crying out loud!

i would support this kind of legislation, if it were to come up in my state. however, i'm well aware that it will likely never pass.

• Topic Count:  30
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

"Blacklisted" is probably the wrong term, you're right - although the possibility of one occurring isn't incredibly far fetched. The concern for me is that women will bear the brunt of this legislation and, as usual, few men will have to deal with it. To force men to be involved in any death certificate process would be expensive and impractical, and in many cases probably wouldn't work. There is also the MAJOR issue that in the United States, abortion is not a crime (see earlier distinction made between SIN and CRIME). This would be punishing women for taking a legal action, one that is extremely private to begin with, by putting their names into the public record. I also think that when it comes down to it, you could challenge this in courts at the federal level and it would be repealed in a second. Bottom line is this is not the way to go about affecting change - by targeting the people having abortions. How about just trying to fix the problems that lead people to abortions? This law would just make it worse for women of low socioeconomic standing who couldn't afford to get an abortion out of state.

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

Yup yup yup, the best way to deal with abortion is to deal with the source of the problem.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

If these death certificates can prevent just one abortion, then I feel it is fully worth it.

Guest revelations14

Yes you do mourn for a miscarried child, when I had my miscarriage I had to go on anti-depressants, so speaking as a mother who has experienced the loss I believe it is the same.

Until your child can fend for himself and make his own way in the world he is completely dependent on you for his food, shelter, clothing, and everything necessary for human survival. He is just as dependent on you for life outside of the womb as he was in. The only difference is the manner in which those needs are provided.

To claim that a child is "potentially" human before birth is the most insensitive and humanistic thing I have heard you say. It is hard to believe that a person of your intelligence can be so gullible as to believe this cock-eyed liberal drivel.

Do you believe that a miscarriage at say 10 weeks is the same thing as losing a child?

I know you werent asking me but YES, it's the same thing.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

If these death certificates can prevent just one abortion, then I feel it is fully worth it.

The problem is it would be a violation of thousands of women's rights to privacy.

It would be a sacrifice of our freedoms in exchange for a little bit of security, and not that much security to be fair. At what point do we draw the line?

I'm all for avoiding abortions, but there has to be a better way than this bill is proposing.

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.59

First off, Death Certificates would not have a name for the embryo of fetus on them. They would simply have the woman's name and create a public record for anyone to see that she had an abortion. It would not be a record of the reason for the abortion, just simply a public record stating the woman had an abortion. Now mind you, there are already private records of this procedure being taken and added to the women who have an abortion's medical record. Therefore, the whole point of this proposal is to publicly brand women who have an abortion for any reason.

So, if you guys are for that, then I say we should certainly not stop at creating death certificates for abortions. We should also require a death certificate for any miscarriage. In fact, even if a miscarriage occurs at only a few weeks after conception, the woman should be required to contact the police, the coroner should come out, investigate the death, and just like when someone dies in the home, the state should require that an autopsy be performed to determine cause of death and to rule out foul play as a cause of death. Most miscarriages result from natural causes, but everyone of them should be extensively investigated to make sure that their was nothing even remotely the mother could have done to prevent it from happening, and if there was, she should be held criminally responsible. For example, if the mother is found to have not been following the dietary and lifestyle recommendations of her physician, then the District Attorney should look at possibly filling manslaughter or negligent homicide charges. Either way though, there should be a permanent public record created about the incident. The whole world should have the opportunity to know about it.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

Sounds good to me.

Sounds good to me too. And the cause of death will be listed as what??? Murder I hope.

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Forrest and Hamburgers, the UNBORN BABY IS THE ULTIMATE VICTIM! More so than the mothers! Such a blatant disregard for human life! Sheesh! Lets see, human life vs. a person's tainted record, what is more important? Good grief!