ayin jade

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,015
  • Content Per Day:  0.60
  • Days Won:  1

Which is my point, why on earth would we use the same moralities of the ancient hebrews today regarding the sanctity of life.

I am severely disagreeing with you over the source of the Hebrews' actions.

If the Old Testament was all allegorical, why isn't the New Testament allegorical, too? I mean, if the Pentateuch is allegorical, then Abraham never existed. :b: So how can Paul's teaching on Abraham's faith have any validity if none of that actually happened? :blink:

Abraham probably existed. However, where the New Testament is primarily first hand accounts and letters, the Pentateuch was not recorded as it happened. Do you believe the creation stories in Genesis are literal, historical accounts? Do you believe that the story of Noah's Ark and the worldwide flood is a literal, historical account?

i certainly do, are you saying that you don't?

This is a subject for another thread really, but no, I do not believe they are literal historical accounts. In fact, all of science would disagree that they are literal, historical accounts.

I believe that the Bible

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Which is my point, why on earth would we use the same moralities of the ancient hebrews today regarding the sanctity of life.

I am severely disagreeing with you over the source of the Hebrews' actions.

If the Old Testament was all allegorical, why isn't the New Testament allegorical, too? I mean, if the Pentateuch is allegorical, then Abraham never existed. :b: So how can Paul's teaching on Abraham's faith have any validity if none of that actually happened? :blink:

Abraham probably existed. However, where the New Testament is primarily first hand accounts and letters, the Pentateuch was not recorded as it happened. Do you believe the creation stories in Genesis are literal, historical accounts? Do you believe that the story of Noah's Ark and the worldwide flood is a literal, historical account?

i certainly do, are you saying that you don't?

This is a subject for another thread really, but no, I do not believe they are literal historical accounts. In fact, all of science would disagree that they are literal, historical accounts.

I believe that the Bible

forrest, if it's a topic for another thread, then why did you bring it up in the first place?

i'm not surprised by your response about science disagreeing. you have more faith in the scientific community than you have in God. i'm sure you would question any legitimacy of the many, many scientists who have become believers while attempting to prove the Bible inaccurate, wouldn't you?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  30
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,234
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1987

I think forrest nailed it with this:

The Bible

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Forrest,

Perhaps God doesn't want everything in his word backed up by science so as to seperate the true believers from the non believers. Where is the faith if it can all be proven by science?

John 20:29 Then Jesus told him, "Because you have seen me, you believe me, you have believed; blessed are those who have not seen and have believed."

Do you believe that Jesus rose from the dead? Science could never back this up you know...

You need to understand that God is above science!

Science and faith should not be seperate - they should be different, but related. Through scientific practice and study, we learn about the world; something deeper tells us that there are things beyond ourselves. We cannot know God with science, but we feel God somehow. That is faith - seeing something in front of you that you seek to understand, but believing that there is something larger, some bigger order than what you know with your hands and eyes and ears.

Guest Biblicist

I am somewhat confused. . .

Wouldn't writing a death certificate for an aborted fetus make that fetus a human? Isn't the murder of a human wrong, according to our current laws?

Why not just reverse Roe v. Wade?

Seems like the long way around Robin Hood's Barn to get to the truth of the matter.

Haha this thread really has gone around the farm and back, hasn't it?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

So there are "Christians" here who are pro abortion and question the very claims the Bible makes about itself?

That is interesting.