• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  179
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  3,941
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/08/1964

Noone has offended me so no apologies needed.

I have just noticed lately that even the people who normally have a sweet spirit have lost their cool lately.

I am just as guilty as the rest.

But I really feel like there is an angry feeling in the air here lately.

I really hope we can pray it away.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest lovinghim4ever
Whether we are going about our business or sharing our belief in Christ, we quite often run into people that are simply not thinking the same way we do. The only way we can maintain civility, is to change the subject or just listen to them and really understand (not neccessarily believe) their point of view.

Just because I have faith and have accepted Jesus, doesnt mean someone else should instantly get it because I have so eloquently explained it to them.

This point goes through any discusion of any topic.

I dont know how many times I have read a thread here, only to see it disintegrate into a verbal bashing,

and I would like everyone to consider this:

TO BASH SOMEONE IN WRITING TAKES PREMEDITATION!

It is not a slip of the tongue or a weak moment.

In this forum, there is plenty of time to calm down before replying. It is testament to a persons maturity and love of our God when they collect their thoughts and reason.

Often I dont even write anything because of the tone in the thread.

Having said that I believe the Spirit has moved Giaour. God bless you, and may His Spirit keep you bold.

Also I do applaude the facilitators that recognize when this is happening, and address the problem.

:emot-crying:Standing "O" for you Mike2! :wub:

:wub::huh::huh::huh::21::sleep2::sleep2::12::41::41::41::41: :41: :41::41:

If someone is cheesing you off on Worthy, then stop responding or make peace with them and end it there. I have done my fair share of apologising on these boards because I respond before I think. :wub::emot-crying:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.11
  • Days Won:  78

TO BASH SOMEONE IN WRITING TAKES PREMEDITATION!

I had never thought of being disagreeable on this forum in the terms described above but I will from now on. Attacking to make a point doesn't make someone else more amenable to our position; it only makes them defensive and more likely to bash back. I do not want to offend anyone who posts here so I will definitely rein in my own tendancy to spar with words. :)

NOW WHAT IS THAT SUPPOSED TO MEAN, EH???????????

:taped::laugh:

:24::24::24:

• Topic Count:  146
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

Ok I am tired of biting my tongue and I am gonna go on a limb and say something here. I think part of the problem may be 'believers' who insist God's word is full of errors and unreliable. How are you supposed to have a good discussion with someone outside of the outer courts with someone who does not believe in the Bible? Also, there seems to be a new trend of believers playing devil's advocate and saying I am against abortion or etc., but what do you say to this argument and that argument, and then they pursue that argument to death, yet insisting they are not pro abortion or etc.? :laugh:

*I'll be hiding behind the sofa.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  160
  • Content Count:  2,000
  • Content Per Day:  0.31
  • Birthday:  01/30/1983

Ok I am tired of biting my tongue and I am gonna go on a limb and say something here. I think part of the problem may be 'believers' who insist God's word is full of errors and unreliable. How are you supposed to have a good discussion with someone outside of the outer courts with someone who does not believe in the Bible? Also, there seems to be a new trend of believers playing devil's advocate and saying I am against abortion or etc., but what do you say to this argument and that argument, and then they pursue that argument to death, yet insisting they are not pro abortion or etc.? :laugh:

I hear what you're saying here, and I used to HATE it when my ex played "the devils advocate" because we would be arguing over something that we both really agreed on. I just think it's kind of silly, but whatever.

i admit I may do this from time to time just to get the conversation going. Because lets just be honest, these boards wouldn't be all that entertaining if we all agreed on everything. And sometimes we have to open our minds to alternative ideas from what has been drilled in there. Goodness know's that if I never took the time to hear other Christian's ideas, I would be a very weak Christian.

but like I said, you gotta have thick skin. I think it's not so bad though because if you get really angry you could just get off your comp and have a bowl of ice-cream or something to cool off, this isn't always possible in the real world.

I feel your frustration.

There has got to be a way for us to disagree without getting personally attacked.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

A man I have known since I was three years old was in the same small group as I was a few years ago in my former church. He would customarily take the devil's advocate part in many of our studies and discussions. It was pretty distracting! He was also proud of doing so. Finally, a man in our group who was also an elder, took him aside and told him to either stop it or leave the group. It causes a distraction from following totally after God's ways, and it causes confusion, especially in immature believers. In fact, I believe it is an immature believer, an unwise one, who does such a thing, and runs a real risk in falling into deception himself. Dangerous game!

I'd rather be an advocate of Jesus than of the devil. :laugh:

• Topic Count:  146
  • Content Count:  2,308
  • Content Per Day:  0.36

I'd rather be an advocate of Jesus than of the devil. :P

:laugh::taped::24::24::24::):emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive::emot-highfive: