bump for certain obsessive compulsive quoters... :unsure:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Well, I can agree on the ones that quote the entire post of the first post on the thread, and then all the person doing that says is something less than or up to only one sentence, give or take a little. It makes for a heck of a long post. I try only to do it, as was said so before, when I have something to say to nearly every part of the post.

Sometimes I"ve quoted a person when I'm the first to respond, just so it'll be clear to whom I'm speaking/responding. Sometimes it happens that people post at the same time and dont even notice it, so then it gets confusing too.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  700
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

since I don't know how to use the quote thingie not a problem here :P

but yes it is frustrating to have to scroll past the same quote over and over again

In Christ

IreneM

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

When I respond to a long post, unless I am commenting on individual points, I will delete out a huge chunk of it, leaving ". . ." or <snip> to indicate there was more in the quote. This way the reader will know which post I am referring to, but don't have to endure the annoyance of re-reading the entire quote.

If there are quotes inside of quotes, I will delete out the quotes that are irrelevant to what I am responding to - usually that is all of the quotes within the quote I am responding to.

It takes a little effort, but it does make it easier for viewers to read through. They've seen the quotes before, they don't need to see them again.

And they especially don't need to scroll down through a super long OP time and time again.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  154
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  2,838
  • Content Per Day:  0.40
  • Birthday:  05/29/1991

See, was that so hard? :P Also I don't like it when people quote me too quickly. I am a notorious editer. I usually edit and re-edit and re-edit about 5 or 6 times before my reply is officially 'done'.

*laugh* me too! I always try to do it before people read the post, but sometimes there's just that stupid little phrase I can't believe I bothered with, or a rediculous typo I make ALL THE TIME (usually it's "hte" instead of "the").

Me too!

oops!

I usually put blahblah# instead of blahblah!, or Yoko, instead of Yomo.... :thumbsup: It's so annoying especially on chat.....

Oops, quoted...but it does mean that you know exactly to WHOM you are replying to.....