RedeemedByHim

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

He reminded me that He is to be praised, and shown me the joy in praising Him.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  149
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

Isn't there at least one verse in the Bible somewhere that reminds people under stress to praise God even when they are in despair and asking for help? (I'm never so good at remembering more than ideas or messages from Scripture).

Edited by heartofstone

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

God does more for us than we'll ever know.

Some of the things he does for us we realize and thank him for but somethings he does go unnoticed.

What makes him so amazing is that he does this despite our sins so i believe repenting, obeying and loving him is a way of repaying him.

amen

Amen. What a wonderful topic, and may God bless you, Yaweh'sDaughter, for sharing what He showed you with us today. It is always wonderful to have a reminder, a gentle one, of what we could be doing better in our lives and in our walks with Him, anything better and loving that is than even a harsh rebuke. Err, I kind of meant that to be better than it reads.

Anyway, I agree with those who've already said how it is easy for us to keep catalogues? of what has been done to us, what ill has befallen us, but never to fully appreciate the fact that in all likelihood, though we believe a lot has been going wrong in our lives, there is also the chance that even more bad things could have happened to us, but which God prevented from happening to us. And, He could have also done good in our lives, but we're just too focused on the bad things and in asking for help for those things, that we don't even realize what a tremendous blessing it is to even have those "small" good things done for us. At least, that's how I see my life. I try to remember to thank Him for the good things that I've been unaware of happening for me in my life, whenever I remember to do so, when I pray.

Isn't there at least one verse in the Bible somewhere that reminds people under stress to praise God even when they are in despair and asking for help? (I'm never so good at remembering more than ideas or messages from Scripture).

amen..i can't think of a scripture...but I know David sure praised GOd alot in the psalms for almost every circumstance whether he was being chased by his enemies, asking for forgiveness, or whatever the case might be...you might find something there...:unsure:

My Tears Have Been My Meat Day And Night..... Why Art Thou Cast Down. O My Soul

For I Shall Yet Praise Him

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

"My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?"

"My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?"

"When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance." (Psalms 42:1-5)

Deep Calleth Unto Deep..... Why Art Thou Cast Down, O My Soul

"O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar."

"Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me."

"Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life."

"I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"

"As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?"

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." (Psalms 42:6-11)

Judge Me, O God..... Why Art Thou Cast Down, O My Soul

"Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man."

"For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"

"O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles."

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God."

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.." (Psalms 43:1-5)

My Tears Have Been My Meat Day And Night..... Why Art Thou Cast Down. O My Soul

"As the hart panteth after the water brooks, so panteth my soul after thee, O God."

"My soul thirsteth for God, for the living God: when shall I come and appear before God?"

"My tears have been my meat day and night, while they continually say unto me, Where is thy God?"

"When I remember these things, I pour out my soul in me: for I had gone with the multitude, I went with them to the house of God, with the voice of joy and praise, with a multitude that kept holyday.

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted in me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him for the help of his countenance." (Psalms 42:1-5)

Deep Calleth Unto Deep..... Why Art Thou Cast Down, O My Soul

"O my God, my soul is cast down within me: therefore will I remember thee from the land of Jordan, and of the Hermonites, from the hill Mizar."

"Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterspouts: all thy waves and thy billows are gone over me."

"Yet the LORD will command his lovingkindness in the daytime, and in the night his song shall be with me, and my prayer unto the God of my life."

"I will say unto God my rock, Why hast thou forgotten me? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"

"As with a sword in my bones, mine enemies reproach me; while they say daily unto me, Where is thy God?"

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope thou in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God." (Psalms 42:6-11)

Judge Me, O God..... Why Art Thou Cast Down, O My Soul

"Judge me, O God, and plead my cause against an ungodly nation: O deliver me from the deceitful and unjust man."

"For thou art the God of my strength: why dost thou cast me off? why go I mourning because of the oppression of the enemy?"

"O send out thy light and thy truth: let them lead me; let them bring me unto thy holy hill, and to thy tabernacles."

"Then will I go unto the altar of God, unto God my exceeding joy: yea, upon the harp will I praise thee, O God my God."

"Why art thou cast down, O my soul? and why art thou disquieted within me? hope in God: for I shall yet praise him, who is the health of my countenance, and my God.." (Psalms 43:1-5)

amen