• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,465
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,793
  • Content Per Day:  3.33
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

The Israeli-born, Canadian-based filmmaker Simcha Jacobovici is reigniting claims, first made over a decade ago, that a burial cave uncovered 27 years ago in Talpiot, Jerusalem, is the tomb of Jesus of Nazareth and his family.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/jpost-com-s...rticle-Printer/

Guest Abigail30
The Israeli-born, Canadian-based filmmaker Simcha Jacobovici is reigniting claims, first made over a decade ago, that a burial cave uncovered 27 years ago in Talpiot, Jerusalem, is the tomb of Jesus of Nazareth and his family.

I actually think the evidence is _really_ good. Has anyone checked out the official site? The site url is (deleted by mod). I really think they've done a good job with using science to support their findings. And the articles are really interesting and informative too. I hope people will give this a chance, it really deserves one.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  15
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0

Hello

That doesn't prove anything at all this discovery. There was a lot of Jospehs and Marie.

Besides it was simple for the enemy of the Christianity, like the gnostics under the inspiration of the devil, in Jesus' time to take three cadavers and to place them in cases to hide and with Jesus, Marie - Madeleine and Juda names while hoping that long time later it would be discovered and that would harm the Christian faith one day, they didn't need to see the future of Christianity to know that such a discovery would harm the Christian on day or an others.

Or the news is going to die by itself, or that it's going to grow up slowly in strength and to sow the doubt in the faith of numbers of christians.

And a researcher, whose work has focused on the Middle East, biblical anthropologist Joe Zias, has rejected the claims as "dishonest."

"It has nothing whatsoever to do with Jesus, he was known as Jesus of Nazareth, not Jesus of Jerusalem, and if the family was wealthy enough to afford a tomb, which they probably weren't, it would have been in Nazareth, not here in Jerusalem," Zias told CBS.

Gaetan

Edited by gaetan8888

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

I actually think the evidence is _really_ good. Has anyone checked out the official site? The site url is (deleted by mod). I really think they've done a good job with using science to support their findings. And the articles are really interesting and informative too. I hope people will give this a chance, it really deserves one.

What evidence? There is none, save the evicence they are gleaning from the bones of poor mis-identified dead people! What a tragic thing that these dead people are part of a hoax.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  44
  • Topic Count:  6,178
  • Topics Per Day:  0.87
  • Content Count:  43,798
  • Content Per Day:  6.19
  • Days Won:  58

I actually think the evidence is _really_ good. Has anyone checked out the official site? The site url is (deleted in this quote).I really think they've done a good job with using science to support their findings. And the articles are really interesting and informative too. I hope people will give this a chance, it really deserves one.

Abigail, I wonder about your motives. In 3 posts, you have posted the link to that site. Do you work for them?

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Got this from a secular site - Time/CNN

--------------------------

But as its creators have revealed more and more of it over the last two days, key parts of it seem increasingly like debatable conjecture.

Here's the set-up. In 1980 a construction crew in the Jerusalem suburb of Talpiot chanced upon a first-century tomb, which are not uncommon in that city. The Israeli Antiquities Authority found 10 bone boxes there, and stored them in a warehouse. Some bore inscribed names: Jesus, son of Joseph; Maria; Mariamene e Mara; Matthew; Judas, son of Jesus; and Jose. Each name with the exception of Mariamene seemed common to their period, and it was only in 1996 that the BBC made a film suggesting that. given the combination, it might be that family. The idea was eventually discounted, however, because, as University of St. Andrews (Scotland) New Testament expert Richard Bauckham asserted in a subsequent book, the names with Biblical resonance are so common that even when you run the probabilities on the group, the odds of it being the famous Jesus's family are "very low."

Jacobovici, however, remained fascinated, and announced at the press conference what he had added to the equation :

Hello

Skeletons have been buried in Israel, for, they say, to respect the funeral rituals, but that arranges them well, because no one is able therefore to verify and to analyze these famous skeletons!

Gaetan

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75