• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  233
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/04/1990

Today was absolutely horrible - honestly I must have had a sign on saying please make my day worse. I woke up 20 minutes late this morning and it was all downhill from there. I've been on the verge of tears since 8:30am this morning.

I missed the city bus 4 different times this morning trying to get to school. Then I got to school and my friend (bless her heart) had to point out that I was reallyyyyy late, Thank you captian obvious!! So I went to my first period class - Grade 11 University Physics - I slid in without my teacher realizing I was late, so little naive me thought "Finally something in my favour, maybe this day won't turn out as bad as I thought". Stupid, stupid me my day turned out way worse than I thought possible. My first bit of bad news was when we got our physics tests back...I failed (this deeply hurts me because I've never failed anything before), so I'm already holding back tears over this minor thing. Then we get mark updates and I find out that I'm failing physics :wub: , okay now I've failed something before - at least it is only the fourth week into the semester I have plenty of time to boost my mark. Then I go to second period - Grade 11 University Biology. I also get back another test, which I have scrapped by on - okay people science is my THING, it's what I'm good at and I'm not doing so hot right now. So I move onto lunch thinking all I need is to get some food into my system and things will seem better. So I open my lunch and eat my 2 miny oranges then move onto my sandwhich - I couldn't force myself to eat the sandwhich, I was gagging and choking on it and feeling quite nauseaous. So I go to third period - Grade 11 University Chemistry, and this was the one period in which nothing 'bad' happened. After chem I went to my last period which is grade 11 university english. By now I'm STARVING because I couldn't finish lunch and I seemed to get called on the entire period by my teacher. Have I mentioned that today I was only running on 3 hours sleep? I was up half the night staring at the ceiling because I couldn't sleep! By the end of today I was ready to burst out crying :thumbsup:.

How do you make a day like this better? Any exercises I can perform in my head to have a positive attitude during a day like this? Please help, I've had bad days before but this day takes the cake. It was mother of all bad days. I seriously need a hug :thumbsup:. Thanks guys.

Guest Biblicist

:thumbsup: My advise to you is prayer. If you don't already have the book The Power Of A Praying Woman ~ Stormie Omartain, I suggest [strongly] that you get it. It has been a great help to me when I don't know how to come before the Throne of Grace for myself. I KNOW that when I pray, for myself and others, I feel 100% better about everything.

If you want I can post a prayer from the book for you to try. But I suggest you just get the book for yourself. It's 30 chapters of information, devotionals, verses and prayers for women. Fantastic.

Blessings,

Bib

:thumbsup:

:thumbsup: My advise to you is prayer. If you don't already have the book The Power Of A Praying Woman ~ Stormie Omartain, I suggest [strongly] that you get it. It has been a great help to me when I don't know how to come before the Throne of Grace for myself. I KNOW that when I pray, for myself and others, I feel 100% better about everything.

If you want I can post a prayer from the book for you to try. But I suggest you just get the book for yourself. It's 30 chapters of information, devotionals, verses and prayers for women. Fantastic.

Blessings,

Bib

Thanks Bib. I'll check to see if the Christian book store near me sells that one. :wub:

Guest Biblicist

You are welcome, dear, let me know if I can help in any way. If you can't find it at the bookstore, you might be able to order it online. :thumbsup:

Have a fantastic evening!

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  186
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

If I'm having a bad day...and start feeling sorry for myself...and start complaining about my life to God....I flip on Passion of the Christ....by Mel Gibson.....that movie puts life back into perspective for me....Jesus experienced having a bad day...and I realize I've never had a bad day even close to that....thank you Jesus...for mercy and grace.....and such a love..one of my favorite passages....Don't worry about anything and pray about everything....God said we would have troubles...we just need to PRESS FORWARD...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  540
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  32,891
  • Content Per Day:  5.04
  • Days Won:  229
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

have a hug honey :24::24::24::24::blink:

You know the saying when life hands you lemons make lemonade ....ok so you were late but you didn't get into trouble for it :thumbsup:

you failed a test ........ you know you have to work a bit harder and t was not your final exam :thumbsup:

So your English teacher kept calling on you .....must know you normally have the answers so you must e doing ok in that class :wub:

When you look at it logically you had a bit of a rushed day and it upset all your carefully laid plans but NOTHING MAJOR HAPPENED :)

You haven't been kicked out of school , you haven't messed up in a way that can never be fixed and failing one test is no bad thing if it stops you from getting complacent and failing when it really matters.

I am NOT being unsympathetic and on days like you have had you really need a hug and a shoulder to cry on ....mine has lots of tissues on it so feel free to use it at any time ok but if you let yourself get into the mindset of "ohh woe is me I am a failure " then you will find it so much harder to pick yourself up and get the results you KNOW you can get with just a little more work or concentration.

Ok have a nice warm drink, no scary movies, read a little and get an early night ...oh and dont forget to set your alarm clock so you have a good start to the day tomorrow ....say your prayers and don't forget to count your many blessings and come back tomorrow and tell us what a great day you had :b::37::(

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

If you have a discman or an MP3 player, I find taking a walk at lunch listening to my favourite artists REALLY helps. If you don't have the song "Day Like Today" by Out of Eden (not the one by Bryan Adams), get it, because that's what it's about.

And sometimes...you just need to have a good cry.

• Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68

awwweeeeee just thank the good Lord it is over and He got you through it. I got to take one day at a time myself and what is in that day is all I deal with so if I make it through it at all it got to be because God got me through it so He deserves the praise. Here is that hug you is needing. :thumbsup: I can feel your flustration but you seem to have a good head on your shoulders even when you looked at your grades you knew what you had to do to improve and that attitude I would say was from the Father above and you should be grateful for it. Maybe some good hot tea would help before bed as it helps me to relax psycologically and is a comfort to me maybe it will help you on nights things are weighing on your mind and keeping you awake and talking to God about them helps also. blessings

Here one more hug for you for I go.

OC

have a hug honey :24::24::24::24::blink:

You know the saying when life hands you lemons make lemonade ....ok so you were late but you didn't get into trouble for it :thumbsup:

you failed a test ........ you know you have to work a bit harder and t was not your final exam :thumbsup:

So your English teacher kept calling on you .....must know you normally have the answers so you must e doing ok in that class :wub:

When you look at it logically you had a bit of a rushed day and it upset all your carefully laid plans but NOTHING MAJOR HAPPENED :)

You haven't been kicked out of school , you haven't messed up in a way that can never be fixed and failing one test is no bad thing if it stops you from getting complacent and failing when it really matters.

I am NOT being unsympathetic and on days like you have had you really need a hug and a shoulder to cry on ....mine has lots of tissues on it so feel free to use it at any time ok but if you let yourself get into the mindset of "ohh woe is me I am a failure " then you will find it so much harder to pick yourself up and get the results you KNOW you can get with just a little more work or concentration.

Ok have a nice warm drink, no scary movies, read a little and get an early night ...oh and dont forget to set your alarm clock so you have a good start to the day tomorrow ....say your prayers and don't forget to count your many blessings and come back tomorrow and tell us what a great day you had :b::37::(

Thanks, I think I needed to see it from that point of view. It could have been worse, I just have to try and stay on top of things right now so that I don't go into a test not knowing the answers. ...Good thing your shoulder has a lot of tissues on it because when I cry, I cry hard (I usually let things just build up and then when a day like this comes along it breaks the damm and I cry a river :b:). I will take your advice on the warm drink but judging on how much trouble I'm having writing a decent memoir for English I'll be at it all night...so on that note I better wrap this up and get back to it before I waste too much time. Thanks again ladypeartree. :emot-hug::laugh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Spend time in worship! Praise the God who made you! Adore the Father of Lights! He will meet you in it...He will uplift your heavy heart! :emot-hug: