IGNORED

How to Handle a Stubborn, One-Track Mind....

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

Hmmmm....how to handle a stubborn, one-track mind.....hmmmm..... Ask my husband.....

so is it safe to say poor Mike? :whistling:

My goodness. The word "incorrigible" comes to mind.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Hmmmm....how to handle a stubborn, one-track mind.....hmmmm..... Ask my husband.....

So Mike how do you handle a stubborn one track mind?

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/20/1986

Well, today has gone better than most days walking with this guy. I took a little bit of a combination approach with Dill today. Instead of saying nothing, I started the conversation about something else entirely different and was able to express a little bit about myself for once. It was actually a bit of an experiment on my part to see if he would make the drastic switch back to religious debate. And he did. More than once just to confirm that with myself. So, I really do think that he bashes Christianity b/c of a bit of denial thing. He wants more than anything to prove Christianity wrong so that he won't have to be accountable for anything. I really do think that's what it is. Naturally he brought up the whole National Geographic discovery again about Jesus' tomb. He more or less challenged me on it. Did I dare say that I didn't believe that fact? Not really. In fact I didn't give him an answer. He challenged me to prove Christianity true after he is more or less saying it is all a lie. I know these are such opposites that there's absolutely NO point in lecturing him right then and there. So, I resorted to saying "If that makes you happy to say that go right ahead." It had the desired affect. He couldn't believe that I wouldn't argue with him. He tried to get me to say something in rebuttal. Nope. I don't feel like taking some bait to get me into a deeper whole that I personally wouldn't know how to get out of. I'm not that well-versed in how to debate with anyone on Christianity. He even tried the whole, "Well, you're just not arguing b/c you have nothing to say." My response: nope, but I'm not giving you an answer today. End of conversation. As to where to go from here, I'm a little vague, but I was pumped up on coffee and nothing could slow me down and he didn't make me feel stupid today, so I'm happy. Thank you, everyone for continuing with the advice and encouragement. More is needed! lol Talk to ya laterz. -- Chrissy :emot-crying:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah, I am all ears here, Mike. Incorrigible? Determined...single minded...but incorrigible? I'm taking notes for our next counseling session. :wub:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

Yeah, I am all ears here, Mike. Incorrigible? Determined...single minded...but incorrigible? I'm taking notes for our next counseling session. ;)

First, Marnie is almost always right. By her own admission.

Second, I have learned to pick very carefully the foxhole I am willing to die in. In other words, learn the art of compromise and put your ego on the back burner. The benefits of doing this far outweigh the need to always "win" or have your own way.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah, I am all ears here, Mike. Incorrigible? Determined...single minded...but incorrigible? I'm taking notes for our next counseling session. ;)

First, Marnie is almost always right. By her own admission.

Second, I have learned to pick very carefully the foxhole I am willing to die in. In other words, learn the art of compromise and put your ego on the back burner. The benefits of doing this far outweigh the need to always "win" or have your own way.

That's the man I love! :emot-pray: