IGNORED

How to Handle a Stubborn, One-Track Mind....

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  05/20/1986

Ok, here's the situation. I go to college, I go to classes. Every mon, wed, and frid. morning I have art class. There is a guy that also has that art class. I live in an apartment complex. This same guy (I'll just call him Dill) also lives in the same apartment complex. So, every mon, wed, and friday I walk back to the apartment after class with Dill. Lately, I haven't even wanted to. But, he even waits for me after class just so that we CAN walk back together. Its nothing weird like wanting to ask me out or anything. I have a boyfriend and I'm not his 'type'. Ok, the problem is I just want to either run from him as fast as humanly possible or just strangle him. Obviously, I haven't done either or I wouldn't be writing this. lol Well, the problem arises in the area that he will ONLY talk about tattoos, stupidity of Christianity, how much fun it is to argue just b/c you can make someone else mad/feel bad, more tattoos, how great it is to know that Jesus' bones were found and that all Christians are wrong, he's got cool tattoos, bashing Christianity is fun.... and that's the only two topics Dill can talk about. Tattoos and bashing Christians. How can I turn this around!?? I'm obviously stuck walking with Dill about three times a week. He obviously has no respect for people having beliefs in anything. The only thing he believes in are tattoos. I know nothing about tattoos, I will never get a tattoo, I am a full-hearted Christian. How I'm so enjoyable to talk to when we are complete opposites is beyond me! lol. Well, I'm totally open to suggestions. Thank you so much for anything you guys might be able to add. God bless you! -- Chrissy

Edited by simply2nice

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

I think he either likes you or he is subconsciously wanting to find the truth. But the truth that he is looking for isnt in the the facts , it isnt in winning or losing a debate of the issue. It is of the heart.

These next times that you are going to be walking with him pray and cover yourself before you get there. Then go for the heart. If it was me i think i would start out by saying you know dill those things are not really what you are after . you can find a miiion things to not believe in , however i know the truth and it is on a spiritual level , This is something that you can only know if you have the Holy Spirit. Whether you know it or not you want what i have . Then i would tell him about how he can be saved. He will likely make fun , However if you keep up and be strong in your faith and love for Christ it will break him one way or the other . He will either change or go away.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  469
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

These thoughts to run away sound most likely originate from the demonic, you are perceived as a huge threat to turn this man to God and away from clutches of Satan. Take these thoughts captive and dispel them. Simply answer him with truthful fact about the Bible and God, you have been given a huge opportunity to witness to this man. What happens if he dies in a few weeks time? How would you explain to God on judgement that didn

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

I have a few theories:

1. By the way he talks about how he likes starting arguments just to get a reaction out of people, I think he might be trying to get a reaction out of you.

2. He's seeking, but doesn't know it yet.

3. (and I think this is the most likely) both of the above.

It sucks..but I think you're just going to have to be patient with him. Pray for him before you talk to him. If it helps, draw on your compassion by thinking about what his past must have been like. He must have been hurt by someone involved in church or in some religion to hate religion so much...deep down his heart is SO wounded, and Christ can heal it.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  9
  • Content Per Day:  0.00
  • Birthday:  05/20/1986

Thank you! All of these replies I totally needed to hear. We'll see how it goes tomorrow...

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473

He's attracted to you - not girlfriend/boyfriend type. He sees the light in you.

Edited by terter

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Hmmmm....how to handle a stubborn, one-track mind.....hmmmm..... Ask my husband.....

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Hmmmm....how to handle a stubborn, one-track mind.....hmmmm..... Ask my husband.....

so is it safe to say poor Mike? :rolleyes:

how did it go today simplynice?

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

:emot-hug::emot-hug::emot-hug::taped: Ouch :rolleyes:;):24::24::24:

Did us husbands just get slammed, or what?

I resemble that remark. :24:

Marnie, how do you do it? Such economy with words, but painting the picture so clearly? That will be enough of that now. :rolleyes::24:

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I even forgot to post my comment on the thread's topic. :rolleyes:

He obviously has no respect for people having beliefs in anything.

If he is unwilling to actually hear you out on the truth of the gospel, you might just simply tell him that the gospel is very important to you, and you are tired of hearing the bashing of the gospel. You could also just tell him you want to walk home unaccompanied. Many people are so careful to avoid offending the feelings of someone that is consistantly mocking and attacking the gospel but I (being a guy) am more aggressive in stopping the verbal attack on a consistant basis with such diplomatic statements as, " Please just shut up and leave me alone." Some people have a little better social skills, so this might not be good advice for you.

The possibility of helping someone that has taken an anti-christ position is very remote, but Saul became Paul, so who knows?