• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  49
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

THE 24 ELDERS

I have been shown this same thing but i didnt write this , i did add a little to it though.

In the Book of Revelation, we see many groups of people and different personalities. In Revelation 4:4 we find the first mention of a special group called the "Twenty-Four Elders." This group is very mysterious yet very interesting. Who are they? What is their purpose? Are they angels or are they men? All these questions will be answered in this article.

Rev 5:8 And when He had taken the book, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb, each one having harps and golden vials full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.

Rev 5:9 And they sang a new song, saying, You are worthy to take the book and to open its seals, for You were slain and have redeemed us to God by Your blood out of every kindred and tongue and people and nation.

Rev 5:10 And You made us kings and priests to our God, and we will reign over the earth

Revelation 4:4 says:

Around the throne were twenty-four thrones; and upon the thrones I saw twenty-four elders sitting, clothed in white garments, and golden crowns on their heads.

Here is what we learn about the 24 elders:

They are seated on 24 thrones

They are clothed in white garments

They are wearing golden crowns on their heads

I believe that the 24 elders represent the Church. They are not the Church but they represent the Church. This is not a strange interpretation for we see this in the Old Testament. 1 Chronicles 24 shows us that King David appointed twenty-four priests to represent the entire priesthood. Doesn't 1 Peter 2:9 call the Church a "royal priesthood." The 24 elders represent this entire royal priesthood. What about the thrones, the white garments and the golden crowns? Was the Church promised these?

Revelation 3:21 says, "He who overcomes, I will grant to him to sit down with Me on My throne, as I also overcame and sat down with My Father on His throne."

Revelation 3:5 says, "He who overcomes will thus be clothed in white garments; and I will not erase his name from the book of life, and I will confess his name before My Father and before His angels."

Revelation 2:10 says, "Do no fear what you are about to suffer. Behold, the devil is about to cast some of you into prison, so that you will be tested, and you will have tribulation for ten days. Be faithful until death, and I will give you the crown of life."

Revelation 3:11 says, "I am coming quickly; hold fast what you have, so that no one will take your crown."

These references to thrones, crowns and white garments fits perfectly with Revelation 4:4. 1 Corinthians 3:13-15 says that man will be awarded for his works. Since the Church has already received salvation at the cross by believing in Christ by faith, the Church is going to be judged for her works, the things that they have done for the Lord. 2 Corinthians 5:10 calls this the Judgment Seat of Christ! The mere fact that the 24 elders have white garments and golden crowns suggests that the Judgment Seat of Christ has taken place already suggesting that the rapture already occurred.

This brings us to the question - Are the 24 elders men or angels? Well...

Only men wear crowns

Only men wear white garments

Only men sit on thrones (except God and Satan)

Only men are elders

The Greek word for crowns in Revelation 4:4 is stephanos, which is a victorious crown in contrast to a kingly crown (diadem), which Christ wears (Revelation 19:12). No angel can wear a victor

• Replies 22
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Removed from Forums for Breaking Terms of Service
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  138
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

yeah, I've had dreams about hat very same sort of kind of thing. Scares the hell out of me. I'm telling ya, I don't ever want to go anywhere withing a hundred thousand miles of said very location. And I hope I never hear about ever again unless its friggin good news.

Definatly a problem here for me.

Edit: Actually, could you folks please ask God to help out with these sorts of problems.

Edited by reconditioned

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

I have proved that the 24 elders are redeemed men and the only choice there is that they represent the Church. This highly favors that the rapture will come before the Tribulation.

Well, you have REASONED, but your reasoning does not prove out, at least in my reading of what you have written.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

yeah, I've had dreams about hat very same sort of kind of thing. Scares the hell out of me. I'm telling ya, I don't ever want to go anywhere withing a hundred thousand miles of said very location. And I hope I never hear about ever again unless its friggin good news.

Definatly a problem here for me.

Edit: Actually, could you folks please ask God to help out with these sorts of problems.

Am I hearing you correctly? You are afraid of Heaven - the throne of God? :whistling:

• Topic Count:  49
  • Content Count:  562
  • Content Per Day:  0.07

It can only do that for those who can recieve it.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  331
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  10/27/1965

Am I hearing you correctly? You are afraid of Heaven - the throne of God? :thumbsup:

Oh I honestly know that I'm saved. I just have some strange things to worry about. Its between me and God and Jesus.

Who knows, maybe God will surpirise me once again and make feel feel comfortable there. I hope he does.

Its probably not really important. I've got far more things to worry about in the afterlife and its best I just leave it to God and Jesus.

After all, We've all got our work to do here and its best just to put one's mind on the task at hand rather than worry about the bigger picture or anything such like that.

Its better we just all leave this to Jesus and God. They're the only ones qualified for this sort of conversation. Although, if any of you can give me more information on anything about this place or the creatures present I would really appreciate it.

Yeah, I could definatly use information on those creatures. Or anything else people could bring up about things up there.

I could definatly use technical information as to the dynamics of God's works.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Oh I honestly know that I'm saved. I just have some strange things to worry about. Its between me and God and Jesus.

Who knows, maybe God will surpirise me once again and make feel feel comfortable there. I hope he does.

Its probably not really important. I've got far more things to worry about in the afterlife and its best I just leave it to God and Jesus.

After all, We've all got our work to do here and its best just to put one's mind on the task at hand rather than worry about the bigger picture or anything such like that.

Its better we just all leave this to Jesus and God. They're the only ones qualified for this sort of conversation. Although, if any of you can give me more information on anything about this place or the creatures present I would really appreciate it.

Yeah, I could definatly use information on those creatures. Or anything else people could bring up about things up there.

I could definatly use technical information as to the dynamics of God's works.

Hey there - don't do this to us. You dropped a bombshell on us, and then try to say that it is nothing? Would you have said anything if you truly wanted us to leave you alone?

Why do you fear the throne of God? The angels? The four living creatures?

If there is not sin in your life making you afraid, then the only other reason I can think of is some demon has screwed with you head (I speak as one who has been through that kind of unpleasant experience, so I am not being derogatory by saying that . . . demons are good at filling people with fear). You do not need to live with this fear. You can be delivered!

Come on, talk to us, please?

Prayers. :whistling:

I have big issues with God, angels, and my self. Big issues. unless I keep my mind on the job I collapse emotionally. Horrible issues maybe, I don't know. Maybe they're minor.

Maybe I don't really have a problem.