TreyM

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

We all have questions. Sometimes are questions need to be directed more to ourselves than others. As a Christian I've asked myself 12 tough questions this morning on my blog. Here are the first 5. They are the easier ones. Stop by if you want to check them all out...

Blessings - Trey (click above or see signature for blog address)

Why do we think we know who God gives His grace and mercy to?

Why do we sing if it's not coming from the heart?

Why do we talk about holiness and purity, and then welcome the filth and immorality into our home through the television?

Why do we expect more from others than we do ourselves?

Why are we not reading our Bible regularly if it's so important to us?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Why do we think we know who God gives His grace and mercy to? Because He gives Hus grace and mercy to us.

Heb

• Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  857
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  01/04/1981

"Sometimes are questions need to be directed more to ourselves than others."

I like that. :whistling:

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  113
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  1,430
  • Content Per Day:  0.23
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  06/28/1952

We all have questions. Sometimes are questions need to be directed more to ourselves than others. As a Christian I've asked myself 12 tough questions this morning on my blog. Here are the first 5. They are the easier ones. Stop by if you want to check them all out...

Blessings - Trey (click above or see signature for blog address)

Why do we talk about holiness and purity, and then welcome the filth and immorality into our home through the television?

I'm confused? Trey, are you merely pointing out these questions because YOU have had to deal with them in YOUR life? Or are you viewing others having these problems of judgement?

Guest Biblicist
Why do we think we know who God gives His grace and mercy to? Because He gives Hus grace and mercy to us.

Heb 4:16

Let us therefore come boldly unto the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy, and find grace to help in time of need.

Why do we sing if it's not coming from the heart? Out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaks, and when I sing, I sing from the heart.

Ps 40:9

I have preached righteousness in the great congregation: lo, I have not refrained my lips, O LORD, thou knowest.

Ps 40:10

I have not hid thy righteousness within my heart; I have declared thy faithfulness and thy salvation: I have not concealed thy lovingkindness and thy truth from the great congregation.

My television comes with both a channel changer and an off knob. I recommend that you don't welcome filty and immorality into your home through the TV or the computer (or any other way).

Many times others have more wisdom, or more grace, or more mercy, or more love than I do. We should always look for the good in others as well as ourselves.

Read your bible regularly and quit looking for excuses or reasons why you are not doing so.

:whistling:

How did I do? I was not really ready for this test, it was kind of unannounced. :thumbsup:

oh, Man! I hate pop quizzes!

AT, you did rather well considering we didn't have a chance to study. :whistling:

Guest Biblicist

Isaiah 47:6 I was angry with my people

and desecrated my inheritance;

I gave them into your hand,

and you showed them no mercy.

Even on the aged

you laid a very heavy yoke.

Exodus 33:19 And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Ephesians 5:19-20 19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Psalm 98:1 Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him.

Matthew 15:19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

Proverbs 4:4 he taught me and said,

"Lay hold of my words with all your heart;

keep my commands and you will live.

Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

MORE QUESTIONS:

Why do I think I know who God gives His grace and mercy to?

Why do I sing if it's not coming from the heart?

Why do I talk about holiness and purity, and then welcome the filth and immorality into my home through the television?

Why do I expect more from others than I do myself?

Why am I not reading my Bible regularly if it's supposedly so important to me?

Why do I give if it's only out of obligation?

Why do I live, talk and act one way on Sunday, and another way at work on Monday?

Why do I carry my cellular phone everywhere but can't remember to take my Bible anywhere?

Why do I hold these $5 petty grudges and grievances against others when God has forgiven me of millions of dollars of moral debt (Matthew 18:21-35)?

Why aren't I more excited about getting to heaven?

"When we all get to heaven, what a day of rejoicing that will be; When we all see Jesus, we'll sing and shout the victory." Why wait till then?!

The only question that comes to mind off hand is : -

Why do I not ask these questions of myself more often! :wub:

I like it Trey :laugh:

• Topic Count:  80
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Isaiah 47:6 I was angry with my people

and desecrated my inheritance;

I gave them into your hand,

and you showed them no mercy.

Even on the aged

you laid a very heavy yoke.

Exodus 33:19 And the LORD said, "I will cause all my goodness to pass in front of you, and I will proclaim my name, the LORD, in your presence. I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.

Ephesians 5:19-20 19 Speak to one another with psalms, hymns and spiritual songs. Sing and make music in your heart to the Lord, 20 always giving thanks to God the Father for everything, in the name of our Lord Jesus Christ.

Psalm 98:1 Sing to the LORD a new song, for he has done marvelous things; his right hand and his holy arm have worked salvation for him.

Matthew 15:19 For out of the heart come evil thoughts, murder, adultery, sexual immorality, theft, false testimony, slander.

Philippians 2:3 Do nothing out of selfish ambition or vain conceit, but in humility consider others better than yourselves.

Proverbs 4:4 he taught me and said,

"Lay hold of my words with all your heart;

keep my commands and you will live.

Psalm 119:11 I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you.

Hmmm,

Somebody was STUDYING for this test (teachers pet :24: ) Good answers :emot-handshake: