• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

I honestly think people are merely anti-Bush and calling him a criminal because it's popular to do so right now. I don't like the guy, I disagree with many of his policies, but I do so because I feel I have a legitimate reason - not because I want to be accepted by the "intellectual elite" who act like children when criticizing him.

There are always people who wear political messages like fashion accessories--and I can't stand them--but there are many, many legitimate reasons to criticize our current President. Just read the newspaper. The habeas corpus is gone and more than one of our basic constitutional rights. And how did a Republican manage to turn the largest SURPLUS in history into the largest DEFICIT? This is something I'd expect from a Dem, but look what Bush has acheived. Even if we set aside all of Bush's "little" blunders, there is much to criticize. And it SHOULD be criticized, because it needs to change.

If your phone calls and e-mails are not being sent to or received from a known terrorist, your calls and e-mails are not being monitored.

Wrong. The NSA records the phone calls of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of Americas. All terrorists? No, just Verizon, Bellsouth, and AT&T customers like you and me. Click the link.

Goodness, Maryland is so populated that this relatively small state had to be split into two area codes, and now with cell phones a new area code was added. Try to imagine how many phone calls, text messages, and e-mails are being sent to, from and within Maryland alone in one day. Now how in the world can there be enough government workers to monitor every single one of them? :emot-questioned: So add California, Texas, Virginia, and the rest of the entire country to this....?

Good point. It is obviously impossible for them to listen to every call; they use automated programs to screen for keywords. There was an article about this and I'll post it when I find it. I wish this was just another conspiracy theory, but unfortunately it is real.

Edited by Angry Dragons

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

Many of the "rights" that people think are being violated have a zero effect on the people, so how dangerous are such "violations"?

A no parking zone is a violation of my freedom to park where I want to, or is it a method of controling the parking?

I personally believe that there is nothing to fear if you are walking with the Lord, and it is the Lord, not a document, not a government, that gives or takes away my freedom.

There will be no impeachment of the president.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  1,285
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  17,917
  • Content Per Day:  2.27
  • Days Won:  19

Grace to you,

Angry,

Why let it draw off your focus?

Do you know that the keystroke system you are talking about was first implemented by the Clinton Administration and not this current one?

I prefer as AT has stated above to place my Trust in Christ and His purposes. The rest of this craziness is the time in which we live. They did not escape the Lords Omniscience. He told us it would come.

Our focus is now His will and the shining of the Light into the darkness so that no man will perish needleslly.

Peace,

Dave

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

I have suffered NO harm if the government listens to my phone calls or reads my emails in trying to prevent another 911, have you?

It doesn't matter whether you personally have been harmed or not. Once the right to privacy is revoked then people are open to abuse. In the 1960s the FBI illegally spied on Martin Luther King Jr. in order to discredit him despite the fact that he committed no crimes. Such abuse cannot be allowed and especially not endorsed as legal.

No harm, no foul.

It is clearly unconstitutional to spy one people without reasonable cause.

Quit whining and let the president keep trying to keep you alive to the best of his ability.

The President is charged with upholding the Constitution not keeping me alive at all costs. As Patrick Henry said, "Give me liberty or give me death." The words of Ben Franklin also ring true: "Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both."

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Name ONE US President that was perfect in every decision and action he did while in office. Good...glad we settled that!

Bush has not been the best President...nor is he the worst. He made some bad mistakes in regards to how to fight the Iraq war. But he also made a some real positive moves in other areas. He did his best to protect this country from harm.

Its been 6.5 yrs since 9/11 and not ONE terrorist attack has happened on US citizens, outside of war. Not one attack in our country, or on US soil.

George Bush isn't Reagan who woulda smacked Iraq down hard. Reagan coulda probably had Saddam and Osama without starting any war. He was tough. On the other hand, he isn't as bad as Clinton who never saw a woman he wouldn't sexually harass (besides maybe Janet Reno)...and the Clinton who allowed multiple attacks on US targets including the WTC, embassies, and even the USS Cole...without ANY retaliation or consequences.

If you don't like Bush...fine...but quit worrying about impeaching a President that is basically shutting it down as his term ends. Start trying to show America what your plan is for the future (besides constant whining) so that you stand a chance in the next election. As it stands now...the libs have shown America EXACTLY what conservatives have been saying all along..."The Democrats have NO plan."

• Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Name ONE US President that was perfect in every decision and action he did while in office. Good...glad we settled that!

Bush has not been the best President...nor is he the worst. He made some bad mistakes in regards to how to fight the Iraq war. But he also made a some real positive moves in other areas. He did his best to protect this country from harm.

OK, so we've established Bush is neither the best nor the worst President in American history. That's not saying much. It's certainly not excusing him from his egregious errors as President.

I don't want to whine any more about Bush; my only point is that he really needs to clean up his act. I'm not sure whether or not impeachment is a good idea, but a change in the policy of this President is crucial. There also needs to be some integrity. It is a sad day when the American people can't trust their Commander in Chief.

George Bush isn't Reagan who woulda smacked Iraq down hard. Reagan coulda probably had Saddam and Osama without starting any war. He was tough. On the other hand, he isn't as bad as Clinton who never saw a woman he wouldn't sexually harass (besides maybe Janet Reno)...and the Clinton who allowed multiple attacks on US targets including the WTC, embassies, and even the USS Cole...without ANY retaliation or consequences.

More Clinton bashing? Didn't we already establish that this is a diversionary tactic by desperate neo-cons? And you must have heard the recent news that Gingrich was having an affair of his own during the Monica Lewinski scandal. So now is not the wisest time for you to play that card.

If you don't like Bush...fine...but quit worrying about impeaching a President that is basically shutting it down as his term ends. Start trying to show America what your plan is for the future (besides constant whining) so that you stand a chance in the next election. As it stands now...the libs have shown America EXACTLY what conservatives have been saying all along..."The Democrats have NO plan."

Agreed. Dems have no plan; Republicans have bad ones. We need better representation.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  1,706
  • Topics Per Day:  0.26
  • Content Count:  3,386
  • Content Per Day:  0.51
  • Birthday:  12/10/1955

Does anyone understand the instability being proposed? Two impeachments in a row? This would ruin confidence in the Executive Branch of government - anytime the people disagreed with what a President did, or anytime he upset Congress, they could simply impeach him. What they did with Clinton was wrong - though he violated the law, it wasn't worth impeaching him. Likewise, going after Bush is equally wrong. It merely leads to instability.

Think of it this way - we went almost 150 years before impeaching a president for the second time. Now we want to do it again?

What is so drastic about impeaching a president twice in a row? A president, after all, is only a public employee whose salary is paid by the people. If an employee of a company "upset" those who pay him, he would be sacked (or to use presidential language "impeached"). So what is so special about a public employee?

Again, if an ordinary employee of a private firm was causing so much upset and "tearing apart the constitution", no way would the firm merely say "well, it may cause instability, so we'll have to put up with it for four years" - they would just get rid of him.

Obviously if "confidence in the executive branch is going to be ruined", then it deserves to be ruined, that is the price that must be paid.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.75
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.94
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

If your phone calls and e-mails are not being sent to or received from a known terrorist, your calls and e-mails are not being monitored.

Wrong. The NSA records the phone calls of HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of Americas. All terrorists? No, just Verizon, Bellsouth, and AT&T customers like you and me. Click the link.

From the article:

"This program does not involve the NSA listening to or recording conversations. But the spy agency is using the data to analyze calling patterns in an effort to detect terrorist activity, sources said in separate interviews."

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  80
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,595
  • Content Per Day:  0.22

There will be no impeachment

• Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  3,292
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

OK, so we've established Bush is neither the best nor the worst President in American history. That's not saying much. It's certainly not excusing him from his egregious errors as President.

I don't want to whine any more about Bush; my only point is that he really needs to clean up his act. I'm not sure whether or not impeachment is a good idea, but a change in the policy of this President is crucial. There also needs to be some integrity. It is a sad day when the American people can't trust their Commander in Chief.

More Clinton bashing? Didn't we already establish that this is a diversionary tactic by desperate neo-cons? And you must have heard the recent news that Gingrich was having an affair of his own during the Monica Lewinski scandal. So now is not the wisest time for you to play that card.

Agreed. Dems have no plan; Republicans have bad ones. We need better representation.

AD...I kinda agree with you. I don't think anybody should have to "excuse" Bush for the errors he's made. You could say the same about ANY President. I know its fashionable to go after a President you dislike (Lord, knows I had a go or two at Clinton) but even I knew that impeachment of Clinton was a farce. Honestly...it wasn't even the "affair" that upset me about Clinton. It was the lie. You know people like me got Clinton elected...not that I voted for him. I voted for Ross Perot (save me the lecture,lol) because I refused to vote for Bush for a second term after he LIED. Then I get another lie told to me by Clinton who pointed at the camera and acted like I was too stupid to figure him out. Bush Jr, has made some mistakes and has really let me down in some ways...but I've never felt like he lied to me. That puts him over his dad and Clinton in my book.

Last I heard, Newt wasn't Commander in Chief of one of the largest nations in the world while he was being a public embarrassment. I dislike cheaters, so I won't give Newt a pass...but its kinda disingenuous to link Newts affair to Clinton's sexual laundry list...

Remember these: Kathleen Willey, Beth Coulsen, Monica Lewinsky, Shelia Lawrence, Juanita Broaddrick, Gennifer Flowers and Dolly Kyle Browning, Paula Jones, Marilyn Jo Jenkins, Cyd Dunlap.

Those are women that testified UNDER OATH that Bill Clinton either fondled...exposed himself...or raped...thats NOT diversionary...its NOT a tactic...its a plain spoken REAL WORLD fact that Bill Clinton was the sleaziest scum to ever sit in the Oval Office...bar none! So pardon me if he happens to come up in a convo in which bad/embarrassing politicians are being discussed.

I don't agree that Republican plans are bad. I think ideologically the Repubs are right where I like them. I think they are not showing very much wisdom in how to carry out their plans. Thats been an issue since day one for me.