• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

The actual size of a cubit won't make a lot of difference either way. The whole enterprise is impossible, on time grounds alone. I see that WrongAnswers-in-Genesis explains the lack of room on the Ark away by saying that only 'kinds' of animals were on the ark, and that they EVOLVED later into species. Bizarre! In order to argue against evolution, they require it!

Actualy most Christians do believe in Micro evolution, yes. But not macro. So therefore, it is a logical argument. I do strongly believe that a species can adapt to it's enviorment, but to say that it evolved into a whole nother species is a farse.

• Replies 160
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  107
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

There are just so many violations of natural laws in the story of Noah's Ark. For example, what species can repopulate with only two specimens? Divine intervention on multiple levels would have been absolutely required.

Actualy most Christians do believe in Micro evolution, yes. But not macro. So therefore, it is a logical argument. I do strongly believe that a species can adapt to it's enviorment, but to say that it evolved into a whole nother species is a farse.

Answers in Genesis claims that one species can evolve from another. They explain this by criticizing the taxonomy assignments of scientists. Anyway, speciation has been and continues to be observed in creatures of brief lifespans.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

There are just so many violations of natural laws in the story of Noah's Ark. For example, what species can repopulate with only two specimens? Divine intervention on multiple levels would have been absolutely required.

Cannot the creator of natural laws bypass them if He so chooses? This was what the Lord was showing at Cana when He turned water into mature wine, that He could as creator bypass the whole system and make mature wine from water.

I think the basic issue that is being shown here about the Noah's Ark story is that from a practical sense, it was impossible on multiple levels. The ONLY way you can logically believe the story to be a true depiction of an event is if you believe that God exists, and performed multiple vast miracles to "force the hand" so to speak so that things happened the way He wanted them to happen. To try to "prove" Noah's Ark with scientific evidence is impossible.

This is a perfect example of a faith vs science arguement. From a perspective of faith, anything is possible, because God can do anything. But from a perspective of science, numerous natural laws were broken, and the story goes against mulitple scientific truths. So really, there is no way to prove to the other side the arguement here.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Cannot the creator of natural laws bypass them if He so chooses? This was what the Lord was showing at Cana when He turned water into mature wine, that He could as creator bypass the whole system and make mature wine from water.

I think the basic issue that is being shown here about the Noah's Ark story is that from a practical sense, it was impossible on multiple levels. The ONLY way you can logically believe the story to be a true depiction of an event is if you believe that God exists, and performed multiple vast miracles to "force the hand" so to speak so that things happened the way He wanted them to happen. To try to "prove" Noah's Ark with scientific evidence is impossible.

This is a perfect example of a faith vs science arguement. From a perspective of faith, anything is possible, because God can do anything. But from a perspective of science, numerous natural laws were broken, and the story goes against mulitple scientific truths. So really, there is no way to prove to the other side the arguement here.

God majors in impossibilities! Amen!

Just the fact that the worldwide flood occurred and we are all here today, shows me that much life was spared all in one place....

The Word of God is the only place where we get an answer to that.

Answers in Genesis claims that one species can evolve from another. They explain this by criticizing the taxonomy assignments of scientists. Anyway, speciation has been and continues to be observed in creatures of brief lifespans.

Do I apear to be someone dependant on answers for genises? I believe a species, can adapt, like darwins finch discovery, but I do not believe that that finch was a lizard back in the day. I believe that a class of species can evolve to fit the enviorment, Micro evolution.

Actualy it makes sence, we populated with only two specimens. Ya see reproduction though very complex to explain how it happened, and is impossible to explain in darwins theory, we all are here through reproduction, two species of every animal could repopulate the world, ya I strongly believe this, within thousands and thousands of years, it is very possible. And divine intervention, ya it always is on multiple levels, even now. :emot-questioned: the reason why we're here, and we are alive.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Do I apear to be someone dependant on answers for genises? I believe a species, can adapt, like darwins finch discovery, but I do not believe that that finch was a lizard back in the day. I believe that a class of species can evolve to fit the enviorment, Micro evolution.

Just a small caveat: Darwin's finches were separate species. Macro-evo involves speciation, whereas micro-evo doesn't.

I'm forced to agree with you here, although I would really like to believe it was physically possible without divine intervention, since the Bible doesn't say miracles were involved.

Maybe so, but most Christians seem to think the divine intervention stopped at the rain.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Just a small caveat: Darwin's finches were separate species. Macro-evo involves speciation, whereas micro-evo doesn't.

I'm forced to agree with you here, although I would really like to believe it was physically possible without divine intervention, since the Bible doesn't say miracles were involved.

The Bible doesn't have to delineate every miracle! We all know it was a miracle that it rained, when it had never rained before, just as the ark was fully ready. The fact that all specimens came to him and he didn't have to go searching for them, and that they survived and Noah and his family also, is miracle enough for me! Add to that, the blueprint for such a vessel...no one had ever seen or built a ship before! There was never a need to!

It could never happen without the Lord God's hand.