c7l14

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

I'd like to know how do you view 9/11 as well as the US' response to that event and the course that the war on terror is taking.

Some questions in the 4 groups are related but here are the topics:

1 - God and 9/11

2 - US' and US allies' response

3 - GW Bush

4 - Another 9/11

If you want to answer please answer in this order so that we can compare our responses:

I assume that those who will answer will do it based on their faith in God and Biblical knowledge.

1 - What did God had to do with 9/11? Was it an act of God? Was it an act of man? Why do you think 9/11 happened?

2 - What do you think about the US' and its allies' response to 9/11? (This includes what you think about the wars of Afghanistan and Iraq, Guatanamo prison, etc)

3 - What do you think about W Bush? What do you think God thinks about Bush?

4 - Are there reasons for another 9/11 to happen that could indicate that in fact another 9/11 could happen? Are you expecting another 9/11 to happen?

I believe it's important we know what most of us think about these issues so that we as a group of christians can come together when hard times come.

I will also answer those questions.

May the love of Jesus be in us

Edited by c7l14

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

1 - What did God had to do with 9/11? Was it an act of God? Was it an act of man? Why do you think 9/11 happened?

Concidering the reason why it happened, I believe it happened because we are the onl;y contry that was allied with isreal at the time, I believe it was an act of man, but God allowed it to happen, and it serves as a higher reason.

2 - What do you think about the US' and its allies' response to 9/11? (This includes what you think about the wars of Afghanistan and Iraq, Guatanamo prison, etc)

I believe they should have acted sooner, The delay was too long to strike back, and the war should be about 9/11. You cannot fight a war against a concept, I believe that terriorism is a concept, You cannot fight a concept, you fight nations and people, but not a concept.

I dont agree with him, I honestly believe that terriorism is better than giving them organizing skills and a democracy to form organized attacks. I believe our military has always had an advantage over they're methods of terriorism because we are more organized. Giving them a democracy, would only organize them and another extreemist leader is bound to rise up

4 - Are there reasons for another 9/11 to happen that could indicate that in fact another 9/11 could happen? Are you expecting another 9/11 to happen?

Honestly, it will or will not happen. I'm not sure, I'm not expecting another one to happen.

Guest Biblicist

I believe our Sovereign Lord is in control.

Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Isaiah 40:26 Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:

Who created all these?

He who brings out the starry host one by one,

and calls them each by name.

Because of his great power and mighty strength,

not one of them is missing.

Nehemiah 9:6 You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

Matthew 10:29-31 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I believe our Sovereign Lord is in control.

Hebrews 1:3 The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.

Colossians 1:17 He is before all things, and in him all things hold together.

Isaiah 40:26 Lift your eyes and look to the heavens:

Who created all these?

He who brings out the starry host one by one,

and calls them each by name.

Because of his great power and mighty strength,

not one of them is missing.

Nehemiah 9:6 You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you.

Matthew 10:29-31 29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father. 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don't be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

AMen amen, :whistling::whistling:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

God had something to do with 9/11 only because God has something to do with everything, but it wasn't anything extra special here. It was an act of man. 9/11 happened because some terrorists hijacked some planes and drove them into some buildings. It happened because the terrorists wanted to do what terrorists do; inspire fear in a populace with a radical display of violence. They targeted a symbol of our capitalism, and were effective in creating fear and panic. It was done because this radical group hates America.

I think that our military response to 9/11 was justified, and went fairly well. I think we sent a message out that if you commit an act like that on American soil, you will be retaliated upon. I do NOT think that Iraq was a part of 9/11, but it was clumped in. That is the worst part about Iraq in my mind. Iraq had no ties to Al Quaida, but we used 9/11 as a way to attack Iraq, as if it was the terrorist threat. It wasn't, it was not connected to 9/11 at all. But Bush did a good job of making it seem like Osama and Iraq were hand in hand, and that the terrorist threat and Iraq were one in the same. They weren't.

So I support the attacks on Afghanistan, but we never found Osama, and we used 9/11 as a way to push forward a military agenda that was unfounded in my opinion. We should have put more time in finding Osama than overthrowing Saddam.

Bush did a decent job at being a strong figure for our country after 9/11, and I think the first military action was good, but after that things went downhill. Personally, I see a lot of failures of Bush as a president in terms of international relations. Instead of creating a new bond with the UN, we distanced ourselves more. We maintained the "big bully" mentality of the US, we went into Iraq when there were more pressing matters at hand, and we didn't do it with the full support of the UN. We have spent a ton of money on the war, no child left behind act didn't work so well, and I just feel there is a military incompetancy in Iraq today. It is better than Vietnam was, but there seems to be no light at the end of the tunnel, we seem stuck in a stinky situation.

Bush has done some good as well, in fact he for the most part works with the democrats in congress etc, and they certaintly give him an unfounded hard time. But in terms of the BIG issues (at least to me), he flopped around like a fish out of water. I just don't see him being very effective when it comes to crucial decisions, in fact it seems as if he has made our situation in the world a little bit worse overall. I think God thinks Bush is just like any other man, no more, no less.

Another 9/11 happens every year, after the 10th of September! :whistling: Seriously though, I think it could definitly happen, although perhaps not as extreme. The 9/11 strike was planned by terrorists who were relatively safe, but now the US is breathing down their necks a bit more, although I think we could be doing it even more than we are doing, but instead we are stuck in Iraq. Essentially we sent a message after 9/11 that said that if you attack us we will make your life a living hell, but I would be willing to bet the cause against the US will continue on. I expect another strike on American soil at some point for sure.

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Does anyone remember the words of Osama Bin Laden after the attack? He boasted that this attack would bolster and spread Islam.

Looks like he was right . . .

• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

Will another 9/11 happen?

If we don't intercede for America, most likely it will.

If we prayed as much as we argued and discussed, we could make a difference. :whistling:

We must love each other like Jesus loves us.

Edited by c7l14

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

I'd like to know how do you view 9/11 as well as the US' response to that event and the course that the war on terror is taking.

Some questions in the 4 groups are related but here are the topics:

1 - God and 9/11

God had nothing to do with 9/11. This was a act of war instituted against our country by islam. THey attacked a country that was formed and based on Gods Covenant, it is one of only two countries in the world that based their form of Government on a covenant with God.

2 - US' and US allies' response

THANK GOD the president has chosen to distance our country away from that evil stronghold of Satan called the UN. It is a shame we don't send them packing to other shores and remove the protection they have recieved by being located within our countries borders. But unfortunately they will produce the Anti-christ and sell out wholly to Satan in the future trying to take us with them.

Our troops have done a wonderful job over there. They have taken the enemy and driven them out and have spread the ideals of freedom. That is one of the greatest gifts that anyone can give. It doesn't come free though, its only paid for in blood!

3 - GW Bush

He has done a good job with what he had. He could have done a better job with internal problems but he's only one man.

4 - Another 9/11

Its not if there will be another, its When there will be another. Islamics hate us. They want to kill Americans. that is their drive. They will succeed at some point once more. The only way to stop it is to kill as many of them as we can first. We need to get ruthless with them and send them back to the sandpits they come from and drive them back into the stoneage.

To Eliyahuw:

Are you a christian?

Have you read the Bible?

May Jesus enlighten you