Fiosh

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0

And, by the way, what's wrong with putting my wife up on a pedestal? The better I treat her, the better I get treated. :24:

That's the way it should be, but I've yet to ever meet anyone like that.

For some reason, the only females I've ever known are attracted only to big obnoxious jerks. If a man is nothing but a nice guy, they get bored with you because you don't challenge them or some junk like that. This is what Christian girls have told me. it's like they all have the battered wife syndrome or something. It's really frustrating.

Here ya go again, bro! I know you've had bad experiences and hopefully they will all get better! I must say you are funny! :emot-hug: Hey, laugh it off it's great medicine, ya know!

• Replies 134
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Hi guys,

There's been alot of discussion/debate on the boards lately about the differences between men and women in the Church. I was wondering if some of you men would be willing to share your thoughts on women in general. Why did God make us different from you? What do you see as characteristics in us that you appreciate or that totally confuse/annoy you?

Or anything else that comes to mind.

Here's your chance to respond in love --- rather than in debate.

Peace,

Fiosh

PS. Men only; women please keep out. :emot-highfive:

:emot-hug:

No offense, guys and gals, but this isn't a "divorce" thread. I think we have a few of those already. Can we get back to the topic? :emot-hug:

I have one request. If the women want to respond to a comment made by one of our brothers, could you try to keep from arguing and trying to prove him wrong. If possible, approach it from the attitude of explaining your perspective; try to understand where he's coming from. :24:

Someone asked why I didn't post this in the men's forum----women aren't allowed in there. ( I think)

Carry on...... :emot-highfive:

Peace,

Fiosh

:wub:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Hi guys,

There's been alot of discussion/debate on the boards lately about the differences between men and women in the Church. I was wondering if some of you men would be willing to share your thoughts on women in general. Why did God make us different from you? What do you see as characteristics in us that you appreciate or that totally confuse/annoy you?

Peace,

Fiosh

PS. Men only; women please keep out. :24:

:taped:

No offense, guys and gals, but this isn't a "divorce" thread. I think we have a few of those already. Can we get back to the topic? :noidea:

I have one request. If the women want to respond to a comment made by one of our brothers, could you try to keep from arguing and trying to prove him wrong. If possible, approach it from the attitude of explaining your perspective; try to understand where he's coming from. :emot-hug:

Someone asked why I didn't post this in the men's forum----women aren't allowed in there. ( I think)

Carry on...... ;)

Peace,

Fiosh

:cool:

SOrry got carried away.

Bottom line without love in a marraige there is no substance and without it there is no respect for one another. Most of us have heard its 50/50. thats pretty bad.

IF you love your mate more than life itself before you marry, then half the battle is won. I never said that it doesn't take work. Thats a given. But with the problems of today and how spouses treat each other these days, its a wonder thatn 90% don't end up divorced.

Most important lesson i learned was that if you love someone and they don't love you, nothing will make them love you. Its just not there, doesn't matter how good you treat them, they just don't love you and it just won't happen.

The one i do love found me. I wasn't even looking. We held a mutal admiration for each other which grew into a trust which grew into respect which eventually turned into love. There were no choices made, it just happened. It was also all done getting to know the person without the physical distractions and totally through correspondance.

IF you can fall in love with the person then it doesn't matter about the physical body.

You see were more than a body, were made up of a body, soul and spirit if your a christian. If your not all you have is body and soul.

Today most people love the body first, then if their lucky they get to possibly touch the soul of their mate. Unfortunately thats not the norm.

• Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980

• Topic Count:  73
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Hi guys,

Peace,

Fiosh

PS. Men only; women please keep out. ;)

:taped:

No offense, guys and gals, but this isn't a "divorce" thread. I think we have a few of those already. Can we get back to the topic? :noidea:

I have one request. If the women want to respond to a comment made by one of our brothers, could you try to keep from arguing and trying to prove him wrong. If possible, approach it from the attitude of explaining your perspective; try to understand where he's coming from. :emot-hug:

Carry on...... :)

Peace,

Fiosh

:cool:

SOrry got carried away.

Bottom line without love in a marraige there is no substance and without it there is no respect for one another. Most of us have heard its 50/50. thats pretty bad.

IF you love your mate more than life itself before you marry, then half the battle is won. I never said that it doesn't take work. Thats a given. But with the problems of today and how spouses treat each other these days, its a wonder thatn 90% don't end up divorced.

Most important lesson i learned was that if you love someone and they don't love you, nothing will make them love you. Its just not there, doesn't matter how good you treat them, they just don't love you and it just won't happen.

The one i do love found me. I wasn't even looking. We held a mutal admiration for each other which grew into a trust which grew into respect which eventually turned into love. There were no choices made, it just happened. It was also all done getting to know the person without the physical distractions and totally through correspondance.

IF you can fall in love with the person then it doesn't matter about the physical body.

You see were more than a body, were made up of a body, soul and spirit if your a christian. If your not all you have is body and soul.

Today most people love the body first, then if their lucky they get to possibly touch the soul of their mate. Unfortunately thats not the norm.

Hi Eliyahuw,

Thanks for your comments. Do you still have your "true love"?

Do you think women approach love/relationship differently than men? If so, how? Are we looking for different things? What is most important in a relationship to a man? to a woman?

What is the characteristic of a woman that is the most difficult for a man to understand?

Thanks,

Fiosh

:24:

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Hi Eliyahuw,

Thanks for your comments. Do you still have your "true love"?

I have found her, finally! Took me long enough! She is more than true love, she is the one that was made for me.

Do you think women approach love/relationship differently than men?

Thats difficult question to answer. Yes and no. May be.

Its like this, some women like a guy that opens the doors, holds the chair things like that, some women don't. Some women like poems, sweet words, some women think its dumb. Some women like a manly man, some want a girly man and some want one they can control.

Most women that i have seen today are feminist, anti chivalry, just suck the joy out of life. May be there are guys that like that sort of thing but I for one hate it.

If so, how? Are we looking for different things?

My love found me i didn't find her. I don't know what i did to deserve her attention, much less even catch her eye.

What is most important in a relationship to a man?

For me, trust, respect, love. IF i cannot trust or respect, then love isn't even a consideration. Then one can move on to touch each others soul. That is done by learning all that you can about that person. Find out what is her fire inside. What her passions are, what her interests, her desires. To get there, you have to truely be interested in what she thinks, not this uh huh ok, move on stuff i have seen so many guys do. then you find her fears. Her tragedies in life. Her hurts her pain she has buried, and when you do that, you must be willing to accept whatever she says, to embrace that pain with her, to love her enough to never ever condemn her for anything. After all the past is the past.

Then you have to understand her. To see her as she really is. To feel when she's upset even if you cannot see her or hear her voice. And when she tells you what is bothering her, then open your eyes and see the real truth behind what is bothering her. THe real pain that brings up her insecurity. Once you can see that, bring it out and share it with her without condemnation, without ridicule even if you might think its the dumbest thing int he world, its important to her.

Now this is what youhave to do to find her soul. The other thing you have to do is let her find yours, to bare your deepest, darkest, secrets, open yourself up and let her gaze inside and feel your heart, your soul. It means you have to be vulnerable, take a risk of her crushing you, give her that power over you. Now thats a very dangerous thing to do with the wrong person. THats why you must first build trust, then respect, then love will protect you.

What is the characteristic of a woman that is the most difficult for a man to understand?

Thanks,

Fiosh

:huh:

I don't know. I understand the woman i love. I think the question should be instead of understanding women or men, is to understand people. Women are not all alike contrary to popular belief. I have two ex's that are very different from each other, and totally 180 degree opposites of my love. I didn't understand them not because they were women but because each person is different.

What i said above on what to do will only work if that person is supposed to be for you. Not all of what i said will work for everyone. It is only what works for me.

The number one key to understanding the woman is to shut up and listen. Then respond from the heart. She's going to tell you what she is feeling. It doesn't matter if its nonsensicle, it just matters to her. If you can get over yourself and respond to her as if it is the most important thing in the world, then i don't know many women that will not respond to it. I am talking about the group of women that are feminazi type, or the shallow empty types. I am talking about real women.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,673
  • Content Per Day:  0.27

I was wondering if some of you men would be willing to share your thoughts on women in general.

:huh:

they are beautiful and should be treated with the utmost respect. :21:

• Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315

For me, trust, respect, love. IF i cannot trust or respect, then love isn't even a consideration. Then one can move on to touch each others soul. That is done by learning all that you can about that person. Find out what is her fire inside. What her passions are, what her interests, her desires. To get there, you have to truely be interested in what she thinks, not this uh huh ok, move on stuff i have seen so many guys do. then you find her fears. Her tragedies in life. Her hurts her pain she has buried, and when you do that, you must be willing to accept whatever she says, to embrace that pain with her, to love her enough to never ever condemn her for anything. After all the past is the past.

Then you have to understand her. To see her as she really is. To feel when she's upset even if you cannot see her or hear her voice. And when she tells you what is bothering her, then open your eyes and see the real truth behind what is bothering her. THe real pain that brings up her insecurity. Once you can see that, bring it out and share it with her without condemnation, without ridicule even if you might think its the dumbest thing int he world, its important to her.

Now this is what youhave to do to find her soul. The other thing you have to do is let her find yours, to bare your deepest, darkest, secrets, open yourself up and let her gaze inside and feel your heart, your soul. It means you have to be vulnerable, take a risk of her crushing you, give her that power over you. Now thats a very dangerous thing to do with the wrong person. THats why you must first build trust, then respect, then love will protect you.

:21::24:

:):21:

i have been following this thread and have tried to respect the no gals thing but i couldnt help it here ....

I am going try this. And I won't be a smart alec. The Lord has blessed me with wonderful women in my life. Without a doubt I am serving the Lord today because of my mom's prayers. She stayed up many a night pacing the floor, praying for me, while I was out doing whatever teenage guys do. I cannot say enough about the powerful impact my mom has had on my life, in every area.

The Lord has blessed with a wife who meets my every need. I never realized how much I needed Marnie until I married her. NO joke intended. There is no substitute for a godly wife; someone to pray for you and with you, and some to pray through with. She makes me laugh, she makes me think, she makes see things in different light and has taught me that just because somebody can't speak, doesn't mean they don't have anything to say. I have learned to listen with my heart.

I would say that I am what I am today because of two special, godly and loving women.

That's a fantastic declaration of love for 2 IMPORTANT women. Your Mum and Wife, Marnie. You can't get better than that!! :)

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  18
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

With regards to what I think about women, I would have to say that I would be lost completely without the women that are in my life.

I grew up very close to my mother, in spite of wanting to be all I could be for my father. As a boy, I was fully into sports, rough-housing, building, etc. (all the things you normally associate with being a boy/man). Yet through it all, I was closer to my mother. She gave me my foundation as a human being, making me the person I am today - which I would consider a loving, generous, patient, kind, discerning person. She gave me my foundation as a Christian!! It was through my mother that I sought and found Jesus Christ early on in my childhood. I am still very close to both of my parents, but I would sit and spend a whole day with my mother before I would my father.

My wife has been a strong, warm, loving, patient, giving, inspirational wonder for me. Through Nathalie, I have walked the last several years of my life in a way I feel I can be proud of. They say that behind every successful man is a woman...well, I am not successful (by definition), but I know what that saying means. I am successful in the ways that TRULY count in life, and my wife stands behind much of that because she stands beside me.

Women provide many of the qualities in life that I just cannot find in men. I have not a single male friend - NOT ONE - that I would feel comfortable sitting down and confiding in. But at least a dozen female friends that I could.

I cannot say it is so for every male, or every female...generalising is wrong. But women will sit down and listen to your deepest concerns, allow you to cry if you must, and will not judge you in the least. That doesn't normally go for men.

What do I think of women???

I think they are the stronger gender. I think they are the braver gender. I think they provide me with all the gentle, understanding, honest, kind, patient, wonderful aspects in life that no man (or very few) could ever come close to.

Anyone who thinks along the same lines as me would agree that we men feel fine getting together with other guys - and being one of the guys. But we don't feel truly at ease, or at peace, or that we can truly be ourselves. Only my time spent with a woman (my mother, my wife, my sister, a friend) can make me feel fully at peace. I can do anything, say anything, and be myself in her presence.