• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Beware!

Apostasy means to fall away from the truth. Therefore, an apostate is someone who has once believed and then rejected the truth of God. Apostasy is a rebellion against God because it is a rebellion against truth. In the Old Testament God warned the Jewish people about their idolatry and their lack of trust in Him. In the New Testament the epistles warn us about not falling away from the truth. Apostasy is a very real and dangerous threat.

And where else should we first look but in our own house for the Bible tells us that judgment will begin in the house of the Lord (1 Peter 4:17)

# Primary Essentials (Nature and work of Christ) - Cannot deny and be Christian since they are explicitly stated as required in scripture.

1. Jesus is both God and man (John 1:1,14;8:24; Col. 2:9; 1 John 4:1-4).

2. Jesus rose from the dead physically (John 2:19-21).

3. Salvation is by grace through faith (Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8-9; Gal. 5:1-5).

4. The gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus (1 Cor. 15:1-4; Gal. 1:8-9).

5. There is only one God (Exodus 20:1-3; Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8)

# Secondary Essentials - (Nature of God) Cannot deny and be Christian.

1. God exists as a Trinity of persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (See Trinity)

2. Virgin Birth of Jesus - relates to incarnation of Christ as God and man.

2 Thess. 2:3

1 tim 1:3

1 Tim 6 3

Let us be like the Bereans - not like ostriches. The Truth shall set you free

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Beware!

Apostasy means to fall away from the truth. Therefore, an apostate is someone who has once believed and then rejected the truth of God. Apostasy is a rebellion against God because it is a rebellion against truth. In the Old Testament God warned the Jewish people about their idolatry and their lack of trust in Him. In the New Testament the epistles warn us about not falling away from the truth. Apostasy is a very real and dangerous threat.

And where else should we first look but in our own house for the Bible tells us that judgment will begin in the house of the Lord (1 Peter 4:17)

# Primary Essentials (Nature and work of Christ) - Cannot deny and be Christian since they are explicitly stated as required in scripture.

1. Jesus is both God and man (John 1:1,14;8:24; Col. 2:9; 1 John 4:1-4).

2. Jesus rose from the dead physically (John 2:19-21).

3. Salvation is by grace through faith (Rom. 5:1; Eph. 2:8-9; Gal. 5:1-5).

4. The gospel is the death, burial, and resurrection of Jesus (1 Cor. 15:1-4; Gal. 1:8-9).

5. There is only one God (Exodus 20:1-3; Isaiah 43:10; 44:6,8)

# Secondary Essentials - (Nature of God) Cannot deny and be Christian.

1. God exists as a Trinity of persons: Father, Son, and Holy Spirit. (See Trinity)

2. Virgin Birth of Jesus - relates to incarnation of Christ as God and man.

2 Thess. 2:3

1 tim 1:3

1 Tim 6 3

Let us be like the Bereans - not like ostriches. The Truth shall set you free

I have to agree! :emot-crying:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

Amen and amen

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I agree,

:)

Before someone can fall away from the truth it is necessary that they first know the truth and have the experience of it's effects, how many rest in the knowledge of the truth they have been taught and yet are strangers to the freedom that it brings?

:P

"For it is impossible for those who were once enlightened, and have tasted of the heavenly gift, and were made partakers of the Holy Ghost,"

"And have tasted the good word of God, and the powers of the world to come,"

"If they shall fall away, to renew them again unto repentance; seeing they crucify to themselves the Son of God afresh, and put him to an open shame." (Hebrews 6:4-6)

This is scary stuff.

Scary enough to send me straight into arms of Jesus.

"There is therefore now no condemnation to them which are in Christ Jesus, who walk not after the flesh, but after the Spirit."

"For the law of the Spirit of life in Christ Jesus hath made me free from the law of sin and death." (Romans 8:1-2)

Jesus.

"Now ye are clean through the word which I have spoken unto you."

"Abide in me, and I in you. As the branch cannot bear fruit of itself, except it abide in the vine; no more can ye, except ye abide in me." (John 15:3-4)

Father's Love, Son's Love, Our Love

"If ye keep my commandments, ye shall abide in my love; even as I have kept my Father's commandments, and abide in his love." (John 15:10)

"This is my commandment, That ye love one another, as I have loved you." (John 15:12)

"Ye are my friends, if ye do whatsoever I command you." (John 15:14)

"These things I command you, that ye love one another." (John 15:17)

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  20
  • Content Count:  58
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

So we should be vigilant. We should examine teachings and leadership just like the Bereans to see if it is in accordance with God's Word.

Some leaders preach that Jesus was born again in Hell.

Some leaders say that we should have faith in our own faith because we are a little god.

The film passion of the Christ has lucifer as a woman with a demonic child. Where is that in the scriptures? The film also has lucifer in the garden of Gethsemene , but where is that in the Bible?

Do we just take everything in becuase it is labelled Christian? Do we believe all leadership because they claim miracles.

Let us be wise as serpants and harmless as doves.