• Topic Count:  55
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,568
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  0

Do you think God care what we watch on TV or the Books we read

In Christ

IreneM

Yes, in my opinion I do think God cares what we watch on TV and what type of material we read in books as we ourselves should care as well what we watch and read in this world.

However, I learned early on in my Christian walk to keep these kinds of things personally to myself and not share them with others because as sure as you mention something on the tv you seen or in a book you read they don't like it then they are going to start opposing you basically persecuting you as I've learned also that if others see you having liberties that they themselves can't have then thy will attack your freedom. So I don't share what I watch and read anymore with others in these two arena's.

It is my opinion that what I watch and read in my household is my personal conviction and nobody elses. I don't condemn others for what they do in their homes in private as we should all have our personal integrity in what we do in private.

I don't have any children so my tv viewing can be alot more liberal than if I did. I also am at liberty to read the things I want and not have to worry with leaving it on the coffee table. But even as an adult I personally feel the Lord convictions upon the things I can partake of and the things I should stay away from and I am glad for that.

OC

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  297
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  5,586
  • Content Per Day:  0.69
  • Days Won:  1

Are we our brother's keepers?

Does it matter if we collectively condone things that aren't good for our society/children....even if we don't have children?

In His Love,

Suzanne