• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

God instituted Science..it is evidence of Himself. Where is the 200,000 years deduced from?

Essentially the fossil record and genetic studies confirm each other on this issue.

The oldest Homo sapiens

Who Was The Mitochondrial Eve?

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  8
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Correct. The fossil record and genetics confirms that the earth is only approximately 6,000 years old. So does Geology, Astronomy and Biology.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

I've consulted a commentary on the Hebrew (Commentary on the Torah by Richard E. Friedman) and Gen 1:1 is not referring to creation out of nothing (nor is it denying it). It is saying that the earth had been in a shapeless and void state for an indefinite period of time.

Interesting; I hadn't thought of Gen 1.1 in that way before. It makes sense though. :huh:

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

It makes sense, Josh; I've always believed man is a fairly recent addition to this world. I believe the universe existed for eons before our ancestors appeared. And they DID suddenly, relatively speaking, appear about 35,000 years ago. Homo Sapiens Sapiens, made in God's own image. :huh:

Humans have been on earth for about 200,000 thousand years, not 35,000 years.

HUMANLIKE creatures, yes. Completely modern humans go back about 35,000 years, maybe as long as 50,000, as some anthropologists believe our ancestors left Africa at that time. Homo neanderthalis doesn't count; we do not possess any DNA from that species; they and all previous homanid species are extinct, as you know. We, Homo Sapiens Sapiens, look different than previous 'humanlike' creatures. BECAUSE WE ARE MADE IN GOD'S IMAGE. :21:

• Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

I've consulted a commentary on the Hebrew (Commentary on the Torah by Richard E. Friedman) and Gen 1:1 is not referring to creation out of nothing (nor is it denying it). It is saying that the earth had been in a shapeless and void state for an indefinite period of time.

Interesting. I do believe earth was here for alot longer than we have been. :huh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

It makes sense, Josh; I've always believed man is a fairly recent addition to this world. I believe the universe existed for eons before our ancestors appeared. And they DID suddenly, relatively speaking, appear about 35,000 years ago. Homo Sapiens Sapiens, made in God's own image. :21:

Humans have been on earth for about 200,000 thousand years, not 35,000 years.

HUMANLIKE creatures, yes. Completely modern humans go back about 35,000 years, maybe as long as 50,000, as some anthropologists believe our ancestors left Africa at that time. Homo neanderthalis doesn't count; we do not possess any DNA from that species; they and all previous homanid species are extinct, as you know. We, Homo Sapiens Sapiens, look different than previous 'humanlike' creatures. BECAUSE WE ARE MADE IN GOD'S IMAGE. :21:

Amen! We are another creation entirely! :)

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Correct. The fossil record and genetics confirms that the earth is only approximately 6,000 years old. So does Geology, Astronomy and Biology.

I have a bachelors in biology and a masters in ecology. That statement is false.

Geology, astronomy, and biology confirm that the Earth is ~4.6 BILLION years old and the universe is ~14 BILLION years old.

You can believe whatever you want, but don't bear false witness about science.

I have a bachelors in biology and a masters in ecology. That statement is false.

Geology, astronomy, and biology confirm that the Earth is ~4.6 BILLION years old and the universe is ~14 BILLION years old.

No science degree here, but I can surely agree with you and believe that the earth is ages older than 6,000 years. The thing that I believe is that the new creation on earth, including man, is about 6,000 years old. :24:

:wub:

What!

Another god.

"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,"

"And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things."

"Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:"

"Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen." (Romans 1:22-25)

Got Truth?

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

;)

What!

Another god.

"Professing themselves to be wise, they became fools,"

"And changed the glory of the uncorruptible God into an image made like to corruptible man, and to birds, and fourfooted beasts, and creeping things."

"Wherefore God also gave them up to uncleanness through the lusts of their own hearts, to dishonour their own bodies between themselves:"

"Who changed the truth of God into a lie, and worshipped and served the creature more than the Creator, who is blessed for ever. Amen." (Romans 1:22-25)

Got Truth?

"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." (John 14:6)

Excellent :wub:

Lorax:

Science is no god, but rather one of the ways we are introduced to Him! He reveals Himself in His creation, don't you see????? When you laud Science, you are placing it before the Almighty, Holy One.

You can only "bear false witness" against Him and worry about living to tell about it!