• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  289
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  12/04/1963

Actually, some animals do have the capacity for human level language. I'm sure you are probably aware that chimpanzees have been taught sign language (Washoe was the first).

Actually, evolutionists have learned not to use the experiments with 'talking' chimps as examples of evolution. The reason is very simple. Those animals received intensive training by humans and were mostly taught to imitate their trainers or to respond conditionally to certain stimuli like food. Which means that they were provided in experimental conditions with what natural selection could have never given them in the wild: the aide of the species they were supposed to become!!!

In Fellowship. Jorge.

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.06
  • Days Won:  78

glory2000

All of the above much repeated 'scientific' rhetoric goes on endlessly. AtheistReview, you run in circles with this stuff. Cut to the chase and come into the year 2007. DNA pretty much precludes the 'accidental' appearance of man (or anything else). In other words, open your mind a little and read what scientists know about the unbelievably complex DNA 'language'. The bottom line.....unless genetic coding was in place, nothing could have evolved since all living organisms need that code to replicate themselves. Anything coming from nonlife or that much belabored 'pond' is a physical impossibility. See link............

That article has nothing to do with whether evolution has a predefined purpose or not. We weren't discussing abiogenesis. Also, no one is trying to claim that DNA arrived randomly from the 'warm little pond', it's far too complex. Other self replicating molecules would have been the first to arrive.

Is it that you don't want to grasp the concepts put forth, atheistreview? The article has everything to do with life having a predefined purpose. That becomes obvious when you contemplate the complexity of genetic coding. Who mentioned abiogenesis? Not I. You speak of having to state facts over and over; well, here you are dismissing what's being pointed out to you. Everything comes from the Creator; nothing evolved from 'self replicating molecules'. Back to square one; life could not begin or evolve without genetic codes being in place; that is fact. An intelligence created those codes as well as the language of DNA with purpose in mind; there is nothing random about it. Again, READ the article. :whistling:

For some reason, all the formatting is messed up, at least for me.....must be evolving into something else!

:taped:

There's a difference between ignoring evidence, by putting your fingers in your ears and yelling LALALALALA, and reading evidence, considering it, and rebutting it. I read the article, and I disagreed with your interpretation of it. Complexity doesn't necessarily mean purpose.

Yes, and you should really stop doing that, atheist. It's bad for your ears! :taped:

After reading this long, and endlessly looping thread, one 'fact' emerges from posts of nonbelievers. The continuous attempt to marginalize or deny the creation of the universe by Almighty God. They must attempt this and have been doing so relentlessly for millenia; albeit without success. Most atheists are sincere. And they sincerely don't realize they are being used by the Deceiver.

Guest Timbo

Hi josh-13,

Genesis 1:1, 2 speaks of the "beginning" that God began creating the universe, including our earth.(Hebrew Bere

:emot-hug:

Hence, each creative "day" is several thousand years long, not 24 hours.

:o

A Different Bible?

God even counts them out for us.

Think He knew we would have these latter-day discussions?

Well of course!

He's God!

What A Difference A Day Makes!

Day One

From Genesis 1:5

And God called the light Day, and the darkness he called Night. And the evening and the morning were the first day.

Day Two

From Genesis 1:8

And God called the firmament Heaven. And the evening and the morning were the second day.

Day Three

From Genesis 1:13

And the evening and the morning were the third day.

Day Four

From Genesis 1:19

And the evening and the morning were the fourth day.

Day Five

From Genesis 1:23

And the evening and the morning were the fifth day.

Day Six

From Genesis 1:31

And God saw every thing that he had made, and, behold, it was very good. And the evening and the morning were the sixth day.

Day Seven

From Genesis 2:1-3

Thus the heavens and the earth were finished, and all the host of them.

And on the seventh day God ended his work which he had made; and he rested on the seventh day from all his work which he had made.

And God blessed the seventh day, and sanctified it: because that in it he had rested from all his work which God created and made.

One More Time

From Exodus 20:11

For in six days the LORD made heaven and earth, the sea, and all that in them is, and rested the seventh day: wherefore the LORD blessed the sabbath day, and hallowed it.

Any other count must be from some other book.

The Star Master

"He telleth the number of the stars; he calleth them all by their names."

From Psalms 147:4

The Book on The Book

"Heaven and earth shall pass away: but my words shall not pass away."

From Luke 21:33

"The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:"

"The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:"

"The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."

'And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them."

From Numbers 6:24-17

Love, Joe

:6:

Fire was set from a mature being. I simply toss it in within a safe distance. Join me.

:noidea:

One tosses a lot more than The Book of Beginnings when one "tries" to burn God's Holy Word!

The evolutionist not only sneers at the evident miracles of Creation when he masks the Glory of God with fables and tall tales of rocks and slime and the survival of the fittest and the coming future perfection of super roach by chance and by crunch!

He tosses his only Hope, Jesus, goodbye with it!

Behold The One sneered at!

The Holy One of Israel

The Savior

From John 3:16

For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.

The Creator

From John 1:1-3

In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

The same was in the beginning with God.

All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.

The Creator

From John 1:10

He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.

The Creator

From Ephesians 3:9

And to make all men see what is the fellowship of the mystery, which from the beginning of the world hath been hid in God, who created all things by Jesus Christ:

The Creator

From Colossians 1:16

For by him were all things created, that are in heaven, and that are in earth, visible and invisible, whether they be thrones, or dominions, or principalities, or powers: all things were created by him, and for him:

The Creator

From Revelation 4:11

Thou art worthy, O Lord, to receive glory and honour and power: for thou hast created all things, and for thy pleasure they are and were created.

The Creator

From Revelation 10:6

And sware by him that liveth for ever and ever, who created heaven, and the things that therein are, and the earth, and the things that therein are, and the sea, and the things which are therein, that there should be time no longer:

"The LORD bless thee, and keep thee:"

"The LORD make his face shine upon thee, and be gracious unto thee:"

"The LORD lift up his countenance upon thee, and give thee peace."

'And they shall put my name upon the children of Israel; and I will bless them."

From Numbers 6:24-17

Love, Joe

Guest Timbo

Hi FresnoJoe,

The seventh creative "day" set the pattern for the sabbath, as at Exodus 20:11, not the time amount. The apostle Peter, at 2 Peter 3:8, in using the word "day", says that "beloved, be not ignorant of this one thing, that one day is with the Lord as a thousand years, and a thousand years as one day."(King James Bible) Hence, the word "day" is used to mean varied time lengths. For example, in warning the nation of Israel concerning the demands a king would make upon the people, the prophet Samuel told them: "And you will certainly cry out in that day by reason of your king, who you have for yourselves, but Jehovah will not answer you in that day."(1 Sam 8:18)

Thus, the word "day" can mean, not just 24 hours, but part of a 24 hour period or even a generation, as the expression, "my grandfathers' day". Isaiah 2:10-17 warns of God bringing judgment against the 2 tribe kingdom of Judah, (which eventually came to pass in 607 B.C.E. when King Nebuchadnezzar of Babylon came against the land of Judah), saying that they should "enter into the rock and hide yourself in the dust because of the dreadfulness of Jehovah, and from his splendid superiority. The haughty eyes of earthling man must become low; and Jehovah alone must be put on high in that day."(Isaiah 2:10,11) Verse 20 then says that "in that day the earthling man will throw his worthless gods of silver and his valueless gods of gold that they had made for him to bow before to the shrewmice and to the bats." Thus the word "day" has more than the meaning of just 24 hours, for the time period, "in that day" as mentioned above, lasted 18 months, from the "ninth year of (Zedekiah) being king, in the tenth month, on the tenth day of the month...(until) the fourth month, on the ninth day of the month. Finally the city was broken through, and as for the men of war, they began to run away."(Jer 52:4-7)

This fulfilled Deuteronomy 31:16-18, in which God told Moses: "Look ! You are lying down with your forefathers; and this people will certainly have immoral intercourse with foreign gods of the land to which they are going, in their very midst, and they will certainly forsake me and break my covenant that I have concluded with them. At that my anger will indeed blaze against them in that day...and they are bound to say in that day, 'Is it not because our God is not in our midst that these calamities have come upon us ? ' As for me, I shall absolutely conceal my face in that day because of all the badness that they have done, because they have turned to other gods."

Thus the word "day" cannot arbitrarily be said to be 24 hours long, but has a wider meaning of time.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Did you know that after the big bang, the temperature of the universe was so hot that atoms could not form for 400,000 years? So photons could not exist, and 'Let there be light! had to wait a while? No, you probably didn't...

And where, pray tell did you come up with such a factoid? It is from someone's imagination.

However, God is not imaginary, and His account of Creation is not, either. God is one huge, colossal, giant, stupendous, humongous GOD!!