terter

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

A 10 year old was watching a Sat morning tv show with a witch. Also, she said there's a talk show with a psychic that tells people things about themselves and talks about God. (If you believe that this type of witchcraft is innocent, please don't respond). How do you explain witchcraft to a child?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  7
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  2,054
  • Content Per Day:  0.29
  • Days Won:  2

Basically, magic is trying to do God-like stuff, but pushing God out of it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  37
  • Topic Count:  543
  • Topics Per Day:  0.08
  • Content Count:  33,108
  • Content Per Day:  5.06
  • Days Won:  242
  • Birthday:  02/23/1953

wow how dangerous is it when the worthy ad bot is now showing ads for witchcraft schools and free wikkan books ?

Terter have you tried to talk to your little one about how many people try to play makebelieve with "magic" because they are so scared of the future ? If they had Gods love in their hearts then the fear wouldnt take hold and they wouldnt feel such a need to "protect " themselves ...... :24: ..Not an easy thing to do especially when it is "fashionable" but there is an on /off button on the tv and I was a very unpopular mum cos I wouldnt let mine watch tv without me and then I had control of the programmes ...in fact we were thought rather "odd" because I refused to have a tv in the house for many years but odd or not you would be amazed how many of the local kids ended up in our home to listen to stories being read and to play table games ( monopoly and the like ) cos at home all they got to do was watch tv ..in their own words :noidea:

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  473
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Days Won:  0

Complicating this situation is - not my child, her parents watch these programs with her, and she's not being raised in church. Guess I should have said my contact with her is very limited.