• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  5
  • Topic Count:  410
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  3,102
  • Content Per Day:  0.48
  • Days Won:  6
  • Birthday:  11/07/1984

Heres a sight I found explaining how earth was formed, from the viewpoint of the big bang.

http://www.mcwdn.org/MAPS&GLOBES/Earth.html

The earth was formed in the same way as the sun, planets, stars. At first the earth was a hot glowing ball of white hot gases with a temperature that was millions of degrees Fahrenheit. This was caused by particles of gases being drawn together and compressed, giving off a lot of heat. This happened millions of years ago.

Finally the earth cooled down. The ball of gas slowed down from spinning and the color changed from white to yellow to red to not giving off any light at all.

The earth contracted, getting smaller and the gases changed to liquid as they cooled. Heavier materials drew to the center of the earth. The heavier liquid settled at the middle of the earth. As the earth cooled more, a solid crust formed over the over the liquid material. As the crust cooled, it got wrinkled and burst open in spots. Gradually cracks formed in the crust. Water that formed under the earth's crust escaped from the cracks in the earth and soon water vapor formed above the earth. This lead to cloud formation. Larger droplets formed in the clouds and as they were pulled to the earth by gravity came the first rainfalls. The rain at first evaporated as soon as it hit the earth. Later, as the earth continued to cool, the rain stayed on to form lakes and oceans. At first the water was all fresh water, but as it had chemicals from the earth's crust mix in, the water of the oceans became salty. At one time the earth was all water on its surface.

Now lets look at genesis 1.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3 Then God said,

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This happened millions of years ago.

millions? Try 4.567 billion

:huh: The bible doesn't say how long ago the heavens where created, and it doesn't say how long the earth lay void.

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  0

If I remember right, the Earth "lay void" for about 700 million years. Or rather, that's the earliest evidence of anything resembling life that has been found to date.

EDIT for clarity–That's to say life emerged at least 3.8 Bn years ago.

Edited by SaturnV

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

Interesting that the big bang theory has just popped up around the last hundred years, and the Genesis was written inc. 1450- 1410 bc.

I don't see how Gen 1 describes the Big Bang. Gen 1 starts with the heavens (what we would call outer space and the earth's atmosphere) and the earth already created. It does not explain how they came to be.

Interesting that the big bang theory has just popped up around the last hundred years, and the Genesis was written inc. 1450- 1410 bc.

I don't see how Gen 1 describes the Big Bang. Gen 1 starts with the heavens (what we would call outer space and the earth's atmosphere) and the earth already created. It does not explain how they came to be.

Actualy it does, God created them, though it doesn't say a time.

"in the begining God created the heavens and the earth"

Genesis doesn't describe the planets being gass, I'm just saying there is many simularitys in their theory with genesis. I do not agree with the big bang, just with the theory, I do find it interesting that genesis 1 has so many connections.

• Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

Heres a sight I found explaining how earth was formed, from the viewpoint of the big bang.

http://www.mcwdn.org/MAPS&GLOBES/Earth.html

The earth was formed in the same way as the sun, planets, stars. At first the earth was a hot glowing ball of white hot gases with a temperature that was millions of degrees Fahrenheit. This was caused by particles of gases being drawn together and compressed, giving off a lot of heat. This happened millions of years ago.

Finally the earth cooled down. The ball of gas slowed down from spinning and the color changed from white to yellow to red to not giving off any light at all.

The earth contracted, getting smaller and the gases changed to liquid as they cooled. Heavier materials drew to the center of the earth. The heavier liquid settled at the middle of the earth. As the earth cooled more, a solid crust formed over the over the liquid material. As the crust cooled, it got wrinkled and burst open in spots. Gradually cracks formed in the crust. Water that formed under the earth's crust escaped from the cracks in the earth and soon water vapor formed above the earth. This lead to cloud formation. Larger droplets formed in the clouds and as they were pulled to the earth by gravity came the first rainfalls. The rain at first evaporated as soon as it hit the earth. Later, as the earth continued to cool, the rain stayed on to form lakes and oceans. At first the water was all fresh water, but as it had chemicals from the earth's crust mix in, the water of the oceans became salty. At one time the earth was all water on its surface.

Now lets look at genesis 1.

1 In the beginning God created the heavens and the earth. 2 The earth was without form, and void; and darkness was on the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God was hovering over the face of the waters.

3 Then God said,

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  156
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

Genesis doesn't describe the planets being gass, I'm just saying there is many simularitys in their theory with genesis. I do not agree with the big bang, just with the theory, I do find it interesting that genesis 1 has so many connections.

I agree that the Bible does not say when the Universe or the Earth were created. In that case, I'm just curious which part of the Big Bang you disagree with.

I agree that the Bible does not say when the Universe or the Earth were created. In that case, I'm just curious which part of the Big Bang you disagree with.

The "chance" part.

Also all things comming from gravitational singularity. I believe it was all created, and I disagree with most views about it, like "another dimension expanding"

I believe God literaly created the universe.

Maybe God made Earth indirectly. Can the Earth itself be the same age as everything else in the universe? I think so. Maybe of the same material of the big bang that drifted and formed into Earth.

I honestly don't see why he would create us indirectly. I believe all things that exist are intentional, and he's got a plan for everything.,

Maybe God made Earth indirectly. Can the Earth itself be the same age as everything else in the universe? I think so. Maybe of the same material of the big bang that drifted and formed into Earth.

I honestly don't see why he would create us indirectly. I believe all things that exist are intentional, and he's got a plan for everything.,

Didn't He have the Earth to "bring forth" the plants? I can see god having the universe bring forth livable planets. Of course this can be consider circular.

Hmmm, He had the earth bring fourth way more than the plants.