• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

The Holy Spirit comes in at salvation, and is your constant cpmpanion from that moment on. But there is also a point in time, whether at that moment or later, where you need to yield to Him and He will baptize you with His power and fullness, where He gives you gifts and empowers you to do what He calls you to do.

All the Christians in the New Testament came to that. We have Him at salvation and we need to seek His baptism also.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

I believe that the Holy Spirit is a keeper and will cover you when neeed to be covered. It guides you through life if you will adhear to it's voice

Mrs Bee

I couldn't hold back and not say something here.

The Holy Spirit is a He not an it.

I am really saying this in love not to be critical :whistling:

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  362
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  07/04/1955

The Holy Spirit comes in at salvation, and is your constant cpmpanion from that moment on. But there is also a point in time, whether at that moment or later, where you need to yield to Him and He will baptize you with His power and fullness, where He gives you gifts and empowers you to do what He calls you to do.

All the Christians in the New Testament came to that. We have Him at salvation and we need to seek His baptism also.

Amen FA!!!

I have a hard time understanding why we cannot all come to an agreemwnt when it comes to our Comforter our Guidance and our Councelor. Jesus said He was going to send the Comforter, the Holy Spirit. When we accept Jesus as our personal Saviour we are made whole in our spirit and then we are to be baptized in the Holy Spirit for the power of God to work through us. We cannot do what needs to be done without that power, which by the way is pretty evident in the church. Do you see the POWER of God in your church community every week or in your own life? If not you are lacking the POWER of God. The power we should be seeing is the same power that was seen working in the life of our Lord. He said to the CHURCH that was being formed through the disciples that they were going to do even greater works than He did. Now excuse me but I think that takes POWER from the Lord which is provided through the Holy Spirit, Amen? The gifts of the Holy Spirit is listed plainly for all of us and we seem to think only some are for us today, WHY? He never said, well in such an such a year the gift of prophecy will end and the gift of tongues will in in a later year but the gift of teaching will remain so we can confuse the church. I'm sorry if I sound upset, I'm hurt that my brothers and sisters are not being used by the Lord in their full capacity. God chose to use us mere humans but not without power and the Holy Spirit is that power and ALL the gifts are still there for HIS use through us. I love my family in the Lord and all of you know that that is what it is all about, LOVE. He has showered our lives with this love but He has also made available a POWER we cannot live without, especially for what is in store for these end times. I pray that we all search for our own walk and ask the Lord for a fresh start in the baptism of the HOLY SPIRIT. If you do not want to that's OK, but the Lord cannot use weak vessels. I feel this so strongly I just wish I could hug every one of you and let you know I really do love you with God's LOVE which by the way is empowered with the Holy Spirit there is no way this kind of love is noted without that power behind it!

Love you ALL! :whistling:

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/15/1981

wow.... wished i felt such love...

that's why i asked and that's what the pastor said. When you are baptized with the Holy Spirit you have more power, less fear, more love....

But others told me that it's nonsense... that everyone who accepts Jesus in their hearts will have the Holy Spirit like that.

Someone told me i should not worry about it, and i tried to today... i've prayed about it aswell... but i think i;m doing somethign wrong.

One day at a time is being said aswell.... wished i had so much patience...

I've heard several opinions now, but what does God say about it?

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  278
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/22/1962

I was wondering about something...

Last night i was in church and the pastor spoke about the Holy Spirit.

When you've accepted Jesus in your life, the Holy Spirit will come into your life aswell, right?

But what's the difference with that and being baptized with the Holy Spirit?

And does every christian needs to be baptized with the Holy Spirit?

And being baptized with the Holy Spirit, will that give you more strength to do things for God?

And where can i find more about this in the bible?

Just some questions, hope someone has an answer to that....

To answer your questions Thysia,

When we receive Jesus and are born again, we are born of the Spirit and receive the Holy Spirit as an initial deposit of our inheritance in Christ. God takes our hearts of stone and gives us hearts of flesh. This is salvation, knowing Christ, and all who know Christ receive the Spirit, the essence of eternal life.

However, there is plenty of scriptural evidence that the Baptism in the Holy Spirit is a seperate event from being born of the Spirit, though they can happen simultaneously as in the case of Cornelius and his household in Acts 10. Being born of the Spirit is about entering the Kingdom of God, becoming one with Christ. The Baptism in the Spirit is about expanding the Kingdom of God, being supernaturally empowered to overcome all the works of satan especially through the Spiritual gifts listed in 1 Cor.12.

There is a difference between being born of the Spirit and being baptized in the Spirit. Being born of the Spirit is like taking a drink of eternal-life water. Being baptized in the Spirit is like drowning in a river of eternal-life water. It's the same medium, but a very different reality. In one we control what's going one, in the other, we are very much influenced or overwhelmed by. Through one we are given life; through the other we are strongly called to die to self.

In no way is being baptized in the Spirit meant to be a badge of superiority, but is a bond-servant's garment of service. Being BHS is about building the Kingdom of God and serving His people.

Acts 2.39 says that the gift of the Spirit is for all who are called by God of all generations. It's not that every Christian "needs" the BHS, but every Christian "can receive" the BHS. I believe that God would have all of His Children filled with His power to build His Kingdom. In building His Kindom, we can choose to use hand-tools if we wish, or we can choose to use power-tools. The main thing is that we be busy about building the Kingdom of God! Hallelujah!

It's my prayer that everyone reading this post will be increasingly filled with the Spirit.

Sincerely,

Sherman

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Honey, if you are seeking the baptism of the Holy Spirit, you can receive it alone with God in prostrate prayer, or you can go to your leaders in the Lord and ask them to lay hands on you to receive the infilling. He is received this way also, and we are instructed in the laying on of hands in scripture.

All the Lord is looking for is an open and seeking heart. there is not always a manifestation of tongues, but most often there is. Just believe you have it by virtue of the promise of God. He doesn't lie! It doesn't always involve feelings or drama as some people say...you don't necessarily have to feel anything.

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  112
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,489
  • Content Per Day:  0.48

You're going to get a really large variety of responses here. Here's my opinion on the matter, however:

Every true believer in Chist receives the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Actually the entire Triune God) the moment they believe into and call upon the name of Jesus Christ. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a matter of being clothed with God's authority to carry out His purpose on the earth. My personal conviction is that the event described in the New Testament, on the day of Pentecost, was specifically for the inception of the church life in the first century and is not an experience that is required in the church today. Nevertheless, the experience which many Christians claim to have had, described as being baptized in the Holy Spirit, is not a requirement of salvation, nor it is an authentication of genuine salvation.

Amen, I couldn't said it better.

Many ppl think if they are baptised with the Holy Spirit and receive gifts, that it is proof of salvation, but it is not. We need to ask the Holy Spirit to fill us each day afresh for the day, to walk in His light, to be a light for the world and to keep us from hurting others. That's just a few things. Our cup runs dry quickly if we don't have a relationship with God through His word and prayer life, so we need the infilling of the Holy Spirit on a daily basis. You don't have to experience any thing, to know you have been baptized.

I would agree. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit occurs at the moment of salvation. It is the action of the Holy Spirit that places us into the Body of Christ and seals us. Filling of the Holy Spirit speaks to our relative state of being yielded to Him at any given point in time. It is not a matter of space, it is a matter of obedience. This process is ongoing.

:thumbsup:

• Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

Honey, if you are seeking the baptism of the Holy Spirit, you can receive it alone with God in prostrate prayer, or you can go to your leaders in the Lord and ask them to lay hands on you to receive the infilling. He is received this way also, and we are instructed in the laying on of hands in scripture.

All the Lord is looking for is an open and seeking heart. there is not always a manifestation of tongues, but most often there is. Just believe you have it by virtue of the promise of God. He doesn't lie! It doesn't always involve feelings or drama as some people say...you don't necessarily have to feel anything.

Amen!!

• Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  278
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/22/1962

Amen

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  1,980
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

Amen!