• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  07/15/1981

I was wondering about something...

Last night i was in church and the pastor spoke about the Holy Spirit.

When you've accepted Jesus in your life, the Holy Spirit will come into your life aswell, right?

But what's the difference with that and being baptized with the Holy Spirit?

And does every christian needs to be baptized with the Holy Spirit?

And being baptized with the Holy Spirit, will that give you more strength to do things for God?

And where can i find more about this in the bible?

Just some questions, hope someone has an answer to that....

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  375
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  11,400
  • Content Per Day:  1.44
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  08/14/1971

When you've accepted Jesus in your life, the Holy Spirit will come into your life aswell, right?

And being baptized with the Holy Spirit, will that give you more strength to do things for God?

You're going to get a really large variety of responses here. Here's my opinion on the matter, however:

Every true believer in Chist receives the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Actually the entire Triune God) the moment they believe into and call upon the name of Jesus Christ. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a matter of being clothed with God's authority to carry out His purpose on the earth. My personal conviction is that the event described in the New Testament, on the day of Pentecost, was specifically for the inception of the church life in the first century and is not an experience that is required in the church today. Nevertheless, the experience which many Christians claim to have had, described as being baptized in the Holy Spirit, is not a requirement of salvation, nor it is an authentication of genuine salvation.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  03/20/1968

You're going to get a really large variety of responses here. Here's my opinion on the matter, however:

Every true believer in Chist receives the indwelling of the Holy Spirit (Actually the entire Triune God) the moment they believe into and call upon the name of Jesus Christ. The baptism of the Holy Spirit is a matter of being clothed with God's authority to carry out His purpose on the earth. My personal conviction is that the event described in the New Testament, on the day of Pentecost, was specifically for the inception of the church life in the first century and is not an experience that is required in the church today. Nevertheless, the experience which many Christians claim to have had, described as being baptized in the Holy Spirit, is not a requirement of salvation, nor it is an authentication of genuine salvation.

Amen, I couldn't said it better.

Many ppl think if they are baptised with the Holy Spirit and receive gifts, that it is proof of salvation, but it is not. We need to ask the Holy Spirit to fill us each day afresh for the day, to walk in His light, to be a light for the world and to keep us from hurting others. That's just a few things. Our cup runs dry quickly if we don't have a relationship with God through His word and prayer life, so we need the infilling of the Holy Spirit on a daily basis. You don't have to experience any thing, to know you have been baptized.

• Group:  Seeker *
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  99
  • Content Per Day:  0.02
  • Birthday:  07/15/1981

Ow... so this will be another subject i started with all kind of different answers to it?

i thought the bible would be understandable for everyone... but it seems the more questions i ask the more we people have different ideas about it.

You may delete this question... don;t want people to get confused.

I am confused lol, but that's only one person ....

I only asked this cause i was wondering about it... and uhm kinda struggling with some things right now. And i thought being baptized with the Holy Spirit might help me...

Guest thejjman

Ow... so this will be another subject i started with all kind of different answers to it?

i thought the bible would be understandable for everyone... but it seems the more questions i ask the more we people have different ideas about it.

I only asked this cause i was wondering about it... and uhm kinda struggling with some things right now. And i thought being baptized with the Holy Spirit might help me...

Just pray and supplicateyouself to God. try not to doubt (witch is really hard especially for me) and I know you will be batizied) It really reveales itself to me when i am so very sad and just calling out to God like im about to die. It could work with you in a special way or just out of the blue you could just be blessed by its grace. Im praying for you. Keep up the faith

Guest Mrs Bee

Guest Mrs Bee

I believe that the Holy Spirit is a keeper and will cover you when neeed to be covered. It guides you through life if you will adhear to it's voice

Edited by Mrs Bee

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  278
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  02/22/1962

Thysia,

Yep, you'll get a variety of answers. Before you read too much what others say, including myself, I encourage you to read the Word for yourself. Good scriptures to start with are John 1, Luke 11, Mark 16, Acts 1-2, 8, 10, 19, Romans 8, and of course 1 Corinthians 12-14. I could share much concerning what I believe on this subject, and am really showing great reserve by not doing so because I so enjoy this subject. So please do read the aforementioned scriptures for yourself and I'll gladly share more later if you wish.

Blessings,

Sherman

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Many ppl think if they are baptised with the Holy Spirit and receive gifts, that it is proof of salvation, but it is not. We need to ask the Holy Spirit to fill us each day afresh for the day, to walk in His light, to be a light for the world and to keep us from hurting others. That's just a few things. Our cup runs dry quickly if we don't have a relationship with God through His word and prayer life, so we need the infilling of the Holy Spirit on a daily basis. You don't have to experience any thing, to know you have been baptized.

No one need get technical - the above two posters have really said it all in a nutshell. Just keep in mind the section in bold. :whistling::thumbsup:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  366
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  10,933
  • Content Per Day:  1.57

I would agree. The Baptism of the Holy Spirit occurs at the moment of salvation. It is the action of the Holy Spirit that places us into the Body of Christ and seals us. Filling of the Holy Spirit speaks to our relative state of being yielded to Him at any given point in time. It is not a matter of space, it is a matter of obedience. This process is ongoing.