IGNORED

Why do Christians attack other christians so much?

seekandyouwillfind

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93
  • Days Won:  0

One poster got it right, I believe, in stating that we expect other Christians to be perfect. But when they aren't we get all bent out of shape about it. Likewise, we seem to have this belief that it is our job to convict the world of sin (newsflash - that's the job of the Holy Spirit!). We sure do get vicious when confronted with someone else's sin, don't we?

Boy, this is another one of those posts I just wanna stand up and applaud!

*clapping enthusiastically* You go, girlfriend! :P

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  439
  • Topics Per Day:  0.06
  • Content Count:  7,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.93

There is a fine line between attack and disagreements sometimes because people have such strong convictions one way or the other. 

Heck -- some of the ones I fight with the loudest and the most often have become very dear to me and I'd like to think they feel the same way about me!  :P

I hear you, River. Amen to that! :blink:

I have to laugh on this one...Gary (Shadow) and I sometimes totally disagree on things, (oh, like George Dubya...lol), and we're still good friends.

I agree, sometimes we were our feelings on our sleeve and need to lighten up.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  34
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  311
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Birthday:  10/13/1972

i guess it comes down to what you believe and why you believe it....

The Bible is the final authority.....

...there is a fine line between discernment and condemnation of what is right and wrong ....as Christians we ought to discern gracefully....

..its God job to condemn....

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  290
  • Birthday:  04/23/1967

..its God job to condemn....

AMEN Seek!!!! :P

Amen on everyone.

I know on my part I gotta be careful with what I say to people. Most think I'm tryin to be a goody too shoe or a holier than thou or whatever, but I always say things out of concern and love, but I can understand how I might be offensive. So I gotta learn how tyo adress things on a more " lowly" level.

But...as someone already noted, this can be used as a strategy on the Devils part. How can an army fight a successful battle when soldiers are already fighting against one another? Let our "General" set out our disputes between us, and then we can concentrate on the "darts and arrows" of our true enemies/

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  270

Amen on everyone.

I know on my part I gotta be careful with what I say to people. Most think I'm tryin to be a goody too shoe or a holier than thou or whatever, but I always say things out of concern and love, but I can understand how I might be offensive. So I gotta learn how tyo adress things on a more " lowly" level.

But...as someone already noted, this can be used as a strategy on the Devils part. How can an army fight a successful battle when soldiers are already fighting against one another? Let our "General" set out our disputes between us, and then we can concentrate on the "darts and arrows" of our true enemies/

This brings to mind that God CUNFUSES the ENEMIES of God and HIS people, and in confusion, they always end up destroying EACH OTHER.

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  311
  • Birthday:  10/13/1972

This brings to mind that God CUNFUSES the ENEMIES of God and HIS people, and in confusion, they always end up destroying EACH OTHER.

:P sry im not sure what you were trying to say ....go again?

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  16
  • Content Count:  270

:P sry im not sure what you were trying to say ....go again?

:P For one thing, I can't see my keyboard at night in a dark room, :blink: Old eyes, don't you know.

In some of the stories when God's people were few in comparison to the enemy, God confused -- THE ENEMY -- and THE ENEMY -- destroyed one another, all but winning the battle against themselves FOR God's people.

Our battle is not against flesh and blood, but is a spiritual battle. And ever since there has been enternet, there has been the battle to determine which denomination of "Christianity" is the correct one, a battle waged by debate. In truth, I tell you that reading posts by all those who argue their point according to traditional academics is loudest roar of confusion that I have ever heard. And they are only destroying themselves, while thinking that they do God a good service.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  478
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Birthday:  08/06/1971

AMEN! I think that maybe alot of us have sort of lost our focus. We keep looking around at each other when we need to keep our eyes (and hearts) firmly fixed on Christ. We also need to remember that every denomination is a member of the Body of Christ, and instead of picking doctrinal fights with each other, we should pray that God would reveal understanding of the Truth to us all (Even if that means that we ourselves have to be "wrong" once in a while).

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  512
  • Topics Per Day:  0.07
  • Content Count:  8,601
  • Content Per Day:  1.13
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  12/04/1973

Amen on everyone.

There is a big difference between trying to "say things out of love and concern" as you do -- which I applaud -- and those who "know it all" and dare you to challenge their "authority". The latter I usually am so thankful I don't know personally and hope I never run across until the Lord has cleansed their hearts of pride and arrogance.

Kudos to you and thinking before you speak and for allowing your Christianity to shine through your words without coming across as pompous. You're very likely the sort of person who'll draw many to Christ through their actions and that is awesome.

God Bless!

Well said, River! I can think of a some here on the boards who will totally make fun of what one believes in regards to a non-important doctrinal stance that has nothing whatsoever to do with salvation. Folks, we have a lost and dying world watching us to see how we react to each other while dealing with disagreement. Are bickering and flaming the pictures we would like to present to the world?