CWJ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Adstar....the pig and the dog were never made a NEW CREATURE...they remained the same under all the "looks" of "escaping the pollutions"

Since when does "escaping the pollutions of the world" or just "having knowledge of the Lord Jesus" mean you are actually re-born?

NEW CREATURE--Galatians 6:15.."For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision avails anything, but a new creature."

KNOWLEDGE--James 2:19.."You beleive there is one God. You do well. Even the demons believe,--and tremble!"

One can really know the scripture so well, one could be the model christian and still not be saved

Luke 8:12..."Those by the wayside are they that hear; then cometh the devil, and taketh away the word out of their hearts, lest they should believe and be saved ."

They "looked" like christians, but were never re-born and made a new creature. Notice the one-time present tense of "and be saved " in the above verse. The devil knows ...once saved always saved.

:il: :il:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

Endure...you just don't understand what being re-born means.

Look up the definition of an overcomer in the bible....it's in 1John 5.

Your post just nowhere shows that we "loose" salvation once having received it.

I have looked up 1 John 5. If you read Young's Literal Translation, you will see that the term 'believe' is rendered 'IS BELIEVING' thereby making is conditional upon continued belief, not a one-time belief good forever.

And there is no such thing as "loose" salvation just as there is no such thing as "tight" salvation. You should probably spell it "lose" and it means forsake whereas "loose" means to loosen.

My post clearly states that those whom are sinning against God will be blotted from the Book of Life.

Where are you getting scriptural evidence of the entering of names in the of life?

To my knowledge, there is no verse that clearly says, "It is at this point where your name is written in the Book of Life." I will have to ask you or anybody else to post it.

Where is your scriptural evidence of God blotting one's names out when they reach the age of accountability?  What is that age? Scriptures?

The Jews had it. Jesus went to the temple to offer sacrifices at age 12, as recorded in Luke 2:41-52.

How do you reconcile your teaching in light of the present tense posession told us by God in 1 John 5: 13...

I just posted the fact that the Greek is properly rendered "IS BELIEVING." That is simple, huh?

"These things I have written to you who believe in the name of the Son of God, that you may know that you have eternal life, and that you may continue to believe in the name of the Son of God."

Again, Young's Literal Translation has:

These things I did write to you who are believing in the name of the Son of God...

One who is re-born HAS eternal life NOW!  ETERNAL does NOT end!

What is happening is that you are included in Christ--HE is eternal. If we become cut off from the Life-Source (John 15, Romans 11), you are no longer a partaker of Christ and His life.

I agree that if you reject Jesus THEN you are blotted out.

I would like to point out that there is no verse in the Bible that says rejecting Christ will cause your name to be blotted out. It is:

Sin

Taking away from God's Word

God wants ALL to repent and be saved. Read 2Peter3:9.

This makes it logical that ALL names are begun in the book of life.

Do a study and you will see that only ones who do not do the will of the Lord are blotted out.  His will is that ALL should repent.

The context is not the book of life but God being patient to come back.

Rev 3:5 guarentees that if you get re-born you will not be blotted out.

Rev 3:5 says that if you CONTINUE to overcome (remember belief is rendered as IS BELIEVING making it conditional upon a continued belief) you will not be blotted out. That does not say you can stop believing and still have your name in the Book of Life.

Adstar....the pig and the dog were never made a NEW CREATURE...they remained the same under all the "looks" of "escaping the pollutions"

Here is 2 Peter 2:

2 Peter 2:19-22

...For a man is a slave to whatever has mastered him.  If they have escaped the corruption of the world by knowing our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ and are again entangled in it and overcome, they are worse off at the end than they were at the beginning.  It would have been better for them not to have known the way of righteousness, than to have known it and then to turn their backs on the sacred command that was passed on to them.  Of them the proverbs are true; 'A dog returns to its vomit,' and 'A sow that is washed goes back to her wallowing in the mud.'

Please take close note of the bolded section here. It say that some are washed and then return. What does being washed mean? Acts 22 says that baptism washes away sins after conversion to Christianity.

Those are saved people who go back and forfeit their salvation.

Since when does "escaping the pollutions of the world" or just "having knowledge of the Lord Jesus" mean you are actually re-born?

Peter used that term another place:

2 Peter 1:4

by which he has granted to us his precious and very great promises, so that through them you may become partakers of the divine nature, having escaped from the corruption that is in the world because of sinful desire.

In order to continue to say that 2 Peter 2 is talking about non-believers, you must say that The Apostle Peter was a non-believer, writing to non-believers.

endure, it's pointless to provide scriptures.... this is the fifth thread on this topic, and it doesn't matter how many scriptures that we post, they are disregarded. what a shame :D

• Group:  Graduated to Heaven
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  50
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  4,073
  • Content Per Day:  0.52
  • Birthday:  08/10/1923

LadyC.

quote:to believe we are written in the book at the foundation of the world is to believe in predestination as opposed to salvation.

Not necessarily so. I dont believe that some were predestinated to be saved and some not to be saved. That's calvanism to the extreme which I wont have a bar of because it would kill the purpose of a free will, which man was created with. However I do believe that God did predestinate mankind with the full knowledge of who would accept His salvation and who would not, but He certainly did not deny man the opportunity to make his own choice. Your anology is well off beam.

When you are writing out a list of guests to a wedding you have usually have some idea who will accept and who will refuse, but you dont cross anyones name off the list until they dont show up, or do you?.

And yes I.ve got kids, in fact Ive got married grandkids and hope to have great grandkids.

Guest idolsmasher

I've posted this before but never really got any reaction but here goes again. The judgment at the end of the millenium is pretty much universally accepted to be the judgement of the unsaved. Why then does God have to have the Book of Life checked if He already knew they were the unsaved? Why wouldn't he just cast them all into the Lake of Fire? Could it be because some of the unsaved are found in the book of life as being unworthy of harsh punishment? It sure seems that way or why would God have the book checked? BTW, it also says that there were other books other than just THE book of life. It obviously doesn't say that all the unsaved were cast into the lake of fire, but it does say that DEATH and HELL are cast into the lake of fire, and WHOSOEVER WAS NOT FOUND WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE but it does not say all the unsaved at all.

i do agree that God knows whether we will accept or reject him. but there is no logical way to refute the hundreds of scriptures in which God warns believers of the consequences should they turn their back on Him. i grew up believing the once saved always saved doctrine. then i started studying what the Bible said about it, and the doctrine i'd been taught just did not withstand scriptural scrutiny. to continue believing what i'd learned in sunday school meant i had to totally disregard so many other scriptures.

i'll refrain from posting further in this thread, although i'll keep reading it. the discussion is fruitless. nobody is going to change anybody's mind. but before i go, because i know that somebody will bring it up once again, there is a vast difference between a backslidden christian and one who has rejected their salvation. but for people to assume that those who reject their salvation were never saved means that person has the knowledge of God Himself. scripture discusses both the believer who later rejects salvation, and the believer who backslides, and they are referenced individually. why would God say it if it wasn't possible? bottom line is, He wouldn't.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  764
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

Phil 4:3

3 And I intreat thee also, true yokefellow, help those women which laboured with me in the gospel, with Clement also, and with other my fellowlabourers, whose names are in the book of life.

(KJV)

[This tells us how we get into the book of life.]

Rev 13:8

8 And all that dwell upon the earth shall worship him, whose names are not written in the book of life of the Lamb slain from the foundation of the world.

(KJV)

Rev 17:8

8 The beast that thou sawest was, and is not; and shall ascend out of the bottomless pit, and go into perdition: and they that dwell on the earth shall wonder, whose names were not written in the book of life from the foundation of the world, when they behold the beast that was, and is not, and yet is.

(KJV)

Rev 20:15

15 And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire.

(KJV)

Rev 21:27

27 And there shall in no wise enter into it any thing that defileth, neither whatsoever worketh abomination, or maketh a lie: but they which are written in the Lamb's book of life.

(KJV)

It will take some fancy rewritting to support the idea that all names are written in the book of life.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  2,802
  • Content Per Day:  0.35
  • Birthday:  06/01/1945

I've posted this before but never really got any reaction but here goes again. The judgment at the end of the millenium is pretty much universally accepted to be the judgement of the unsaved. Why then does God have to have the Book of Life checked if He already knew they were the unsaved? Why wouldn't he just cast them all into the Lake of Fire? Could it be because some of the unsaved are found in the book of life as being unworthy of harsh punishment? It sure seems that way or why would God have the book checked? BTW, it also says that there were other books other than just THE book of life. It obviously doesn't say that all the unsaved were cast into the lake of fire, but it does say that DEATH and HELL are cast into the lake of fire, and WHOSOEVER WAS NOT FOUND WRITTEN IN THE BOOK OF LIFE but it does not say all the unsaved at all.

Greetings Idolsmasher,

I have frequently pondered your question about the Great White Throne Judgment. I have searched the scriptures, NT and OT, for any verses which indicate anyone being saved during the mill. reign of Christ or at the GWTJ. I have yet to find any. I can account for ALL the saints within the "firstfruits" and the FIRST resurrection, and scripture plainly says that ONLY those who partake in the FIRST resurrection need not worry about the SECOND DEATH - which is the Lake of Fire. I see the last 1,000 years as absolute proof that man is absolutely corrupt. During this reign, all the nations will have to pay homage to Christ, and those who don't shall be destroyed. Remember Satan is locked up completely during this time, so man will not have the excuse - Satan made me do it. It will be shown plainly that man's heart is corrupt and he needs no outside agency to make him that way. At the GWTJ, when ALL the books are opened, those standing before the Judge shall be seen to be corrupt, they will not have accepted Christ and their name has been removed from the Lamb's Book of Life. Our God is long suffering, and He judges perfectly and fairly. For 1,000 years, men will have the opportunity to humble themselves before God almighty, but nowhere does it say they ever will. So I strongly hesitate to ADD anything to the scriptures, or to try and second guess them. I go by what IS WRITTEN.

Blessings,

Dad Ernie