"islamic/arabic inventions..."

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  313
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0

You must all have heard stupid things like islamic or arabic contribution to the world and sciense. Im here to correct it.

First of all, latin numbers, 12345 and even the consept of 0 are not arabic, they only spread it to the west together with soap and paper. All of these things mentioned above are origninally indian. not "islamic".

Then we got modern medecine, how to threat patients, the same methodsused today. stetescopes to hear the lungs and hearth et c. They say that the arab muslim Al Razi created it, but in fact it was the persian christian doctor Al Razi, he even critisized islam!

Then we have another persian, algebra, he who created algebra, he was not an arab.

The reason i have all of this in mind is that i once debated a muslim, he came with a list of 100 scientist and inventions and claimed them to be arab muslims, i proved him all wrong except for one thing. One arab scientist however did exist. The first ever to try and fly, he made wings and jumped down from a cliff...

The greek had a fiction story of this, but it was never tried. Cause evereyone except for an arab knows it dosent work before they try such a thing.

The conclusion? I dont doubt one or 2 of the 100 islamic inventors where muslims. But even if they where only one where an arab, and he didnt succeed in flying with hes fake wings.

The reason for this? To know better the next time a moderate muslims tries to explain what islam did for the world. He will come with such arguments of Grenada, the south of spain wich was a scientific centra. It wasnt, it was just the place where sciense from middle eastern, persians, jews and christians got translated to western languages.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

You must all have heard stupid things like islamic or arabic contribution to the world and sciense. Im here to correct it.

First of all, latin numbers, 12345 and even the consept of 0 are not arabic, they only spread it to the west together with soap and paper. All of these things mentioned above are origninally indian. not "islamic".

Then we got modern medecine, how to threat patients, the same methodsused today. stetescopes to hear the lungs and hearth et c. They say that the arab muslim Al Razi created it, but in fact it was the persian christian doctor Al Razi, he even critisized islam!

Then we have another persian, algebra, he who created algebra, he was not an arab.

The reason i have all of this in mind is that i once debated a muslim, he came with a list of 100 scientist and inventions and claimed them to be arab muslims, i proved him all wrong except for one thing. One arab scientist however did exist. The first ever to try and fly, he made wings and jumped down from a cliff...

The greek had a fiction story of this, but it was never tried. Cause evereyone except for an arab knows it dosent work before they try such a thing.

The conclusion? I dont doubt one or 2 of the 100 islamic inventors where muslims. But even if they where only one where an arab, and he didnt succeed in flying with hes fake wings.

The reason for this? To know better the next time a moderate muslims tries to explain what islam did for the world. He will come with such arguments of Grenada, the south of spain wich was a scientific centra. It wasnt, it was just the place where sciense from middle eastern, persians, jews and christians got translated to western languages.

So many Westerners don't realize that Persians are not Arabs.....I have read some of the above before and, indeed, most of the innovations and discoveries in this ancient part of the world were Persian. It would seem that the Middle East was a hub of commerce, enlightened thought, and progress .......until Islam. It boggles the mind to think of the way Mohammad's teachings have stifled this region for fourteen hundred years! :24:

It didnt become really stiff, Islam went away and then came back, it has always done for 1400 years. The last time we got rid of islam in Iran was during the pahlavi era, Iran became a rich country, leading in sciense, the first diesel engines et c. Then the islamic disease came back destroying sciense and reason in Iran once more. Iran went from rich to poor, from leading in sciense to a backward society. Islam is a canser, it keeps comming back once oure infected.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

It didnt become really stiff, Islam went away and then came back, it has always done for 1400 years. The last time we got rid of islam in Iran was during the pahlavi era, Iran became a rich country, leading in sciense, the first diesel engines et c. Then the islamic disease came back destroying sciense and reason in Iran once more. Iran went from rich to poor, from leading in sciense to a backward society. Islam is a canser, it keeps comming back once oure infected.

I totally agree, Arash, and pray that the good people of Iran and the entire Middle East will come to the truth; losing 1.5 billion souls is not acceptable! Iran has the potential for greatness again; I know many Iranians here and they deplore the current government of Iran. Most of them are secular but a couple are Muslim and some Christian; all are smart and hard working people. We must never give up on Muslims; thousands are leaving Islam even with the danger involved, Praise The Lord! See link below...........

http://www.faithfreedom.org/oped/sina31103.htm

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

Arash, thank you for sharing this information. Though I have never been told or introduced to this by a muslim, its always interesting to hear about a foreign country from someone who lives there.

Praise God that muslims are turning to Christ. That is awesome. :thumbsup:

I dont live in Iran, if i did i would be hanged just for logging in to worthy. However i do visit Iran 4 months a year, get homesick really often and i work from my laptop so i can be anywhere any time and still working :thumbsup:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I suppose that is a good thing then Arash.

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  82
  • Content Count:  469
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/21/1967

One main bone of contention is the quaran, how muslims will point to it and say how great allah is because allah told us all about great scientific miricles and wonders that man hadn

4000 years ago the ancient persians calculated when the earth was orbiting the solar system to the point that the sun reaches it extra much. The greeks knew that the earth was round so did the Romans. The chinese new year also work like the persian, they also knew that the earth was round.

Evereyone in the middle east knew it at the time before and during islam existed...