IGNORED

Jesus' divinity

ParanoidAndroid

Guest shiloh357

I disagree with your position because it is contradicts the bible and is unChristian. You cannot be a Christian AND deny the Deity of Jesus. Nobody who TRULY believes the Bible and is a true follower of Jesus denies His Deity. Christianity is predicated on the Deity of Jesus. There are just some things about the Christian that cannot be compromised on. The Bible teaches unequivically about the Deity of Jesus and it is only your pride that refuses to believe the Word of God. You need to repent of your unbelief.

Shiloh - you have no idea of my walk with the Lord. Pride holds no chains over me and for you to say that I (or anyone else) cannot be a Christian AND deny the Deity of Jesus, puts you in an invidious position. It is a position that says man cannot know God unless he accepts that Jesus is God. You see, my relationship with the Lord is not based on a doctrine. It is based on faith. And this is the righteousness that I have in Christ. Any other way is self righteousness. So I will continue to walk in the light of what God reveals to me and proclaim a gospel of righteousness by faith in Christ, irrespective of the judgment that others would endeavour to mete out. Your position before God is not my business, as is mine not yours. Each to his own master, stands or falls.

None of that changes the fact that a rejection of the Deity of Jesus is calling Him a liar. He claims to be God, God the Father calls Him "God," and ascribes titles to Jesus that only God can hold. Jesus excersed rights and privileges that only God can excersize. Christianity is predicated upon the truth that Jesus is God. It is what separates Jesus from the pantheon of "religious leaders" all of whom were only men. Christianity is based upon the reality God paid for our sin Himself, and He did so in the person and work of Jesus Christ. Jesus was God on the cross taking the punishment of man's sins.

A mere man could not have paid for our sins. If a man could have done it, then God could have sacrificed Abraham or Adam.

Those who reject the Deity of Jesus call God a liar. Your theology is not only wrong, it is deadly.

You see, my relationship with the Lord is not based on a doctrine.It is based on faith
Your doctrine is not based on faith. If you had "Faith" you would believe the Bible and what it says about Jesus, because faith comes by hearing the Word of God. You may have some kind of faith, but it it is not in the pure teachings of the Bible.

God has not and is not revealing ANYTHING to you. It is wrong blame your sloppy, unChristian beliefs on God. Your beliefs are the product of your flesh and human reasoning, not God.

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

Shiloh

I have never claimed that Jesus was a mere man - as you seem to think I beleive.

Jesus is the one and only true Son of God, conceived of God

• 6 months later...

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  14
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

Shiloh

I have never claimed that Jesus was a mere man - as you seem to think I beleive.

Jesus is the one and only true Son of God, conceived of God

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Content Count:  5,258
  • Content Per Day:  0.76
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  07/22/1960

I disagree with your position because it is contradicts the bible and is unChristian. You cannot be a Christian AND deny the Deity of Jesus. Nobody who TRULY believes the Bible and is a true follower of Jesus denies His Deity. Christianity is predicated on the Deity of Jesus. There are just some things about the Christian that cannot be compromised on. The Bible teaches unequivically about the Deity of Jesus and it is only your pride that refuses to believe the Word of God. You need to repent of your unbelief.

Shiloh - you have no idea of my walk with the Lord. Pride holds no chains over me and for you to say that I (or anyone else) cannot be a Christian AND deny the Deity of Jesus, puts you in an invidious position. It is a position that says man cannot know God unless he accepts that Jesus is God. You see, my relationship with the Lord is not based on a doctrine. It is based on faith. And this is the righteousness that I have in Christ. Any other way is self righteousness. So I will continue to walk in the light of what God reveals to me and proclaim a gospel of righteousness by faith in Christ, irrespective of the judgment that others would endeavour to mete out. Your position before God is not my business, as is mine not yours. Each to his own master, stands or falls.

No shilo is correct. By definition you are not a Christian if you don't believe that Jesus is God. Certainly you can call yourself whatever you please, but by any historical or rational measure it is the key to understanding what it means to believe in Christ as Savior. Because if you don't believe He is God and you are praying to Christ or invoking His name in prayer or believe that He can forgive you sins, you are now a polytheist with multiple God's. There are no lesser God's, there is only One God, the Father, Son and Holy Spirit. Any faith which denies that is not Christian. Not that they would be bad people or horrible, but it is no longer in the world of Christian belief. Muslims for example believe that Christ was the Son of God but do not accept His divinity. So if you believe that Jesus is not divine, you would be in the same belief paradigm as our Muslim friends.

Saying your belief in God is not dependant on doctrine is fine, but it really means it is not dependant on Holy Scripture, but some sort of self revelation, which is also fine, but once again is not Christian and has nothing to do with what Peter, Paul, James, John or the Gospel writers were talking about and proclaiming. You are free to make up whatever you please, but don't confuse that with Christianity, words do mean something.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  305
  • Content Per Day:  0.05
  • Birthday:  11/12/1950

Thanks sososo

No I wouldn