IGNORED

Jesus couldn't die before taken on our sins?

7thseal

• Group:  Senior Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  825
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Days Won:  0

Roman 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

My pastor touched on this subject and its something that I never had given any thought about. Death is the result of sin and although Jesus was in the flesh he was born of a virgin and without sin. So was it even possible for him to experience death until he chose to take our sins upon himself?

I believe thats why he was able to take such a tremendous amount of torture. He wasn't able to die until the sins of man was placed on him.

Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

He had complete control over his life and had to make that choice to 'give' his life for our sins. Wow I never looked at it from this angle.

Edited by 7thseal

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Roman 6:23 For the wages of sin is death; but the gift of God is eternal life through Jesus Christ our Lord.

My pastor touched on this subject and its something that I never had given any thought about. Death is the result of sin and although Jesus was in the flesh he was born of a virgin and without sin. So was it even possible for him to experience death until he chose to take our sins upon himself?

I believe thats why he was able to take such a tremendous amount of torture. He wasn't able to die until the sins of man was placed on him.

Luke 23:46 And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost.

He had complete control over his life and had to make that choice to 'give' his life for our sins. Wow I never looked at it from this angle.

That's right. Crucifixion takes a long time to kill. But Jesus chose the time for His death. He didn't wait until it came naturally. He died early. Having said that, I do believe also that the weight of the world's sin was so heavy that He could not bear the cross for longer than it took for Him to assume our wickedness and diseases.

• Topic Count:  1,360
  • Topics Per Day:  0.21
  • Content Count:  7,866
  • Content Per Day:  1.23
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  04/18/1946

Having said that, I do believe also that the weight of the world's sin was so heavy that He could not bear the cross for longer than it took for Him to assume our wickedness and diseases.

You'd think it would have taken forever, then. Much longer than it did.

• Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Having said that, I do believe also that the weight of the world's sin was so heavy that He could not bear the cross for longer than it took for Him to assume our wickedness and diseases.

You'd think it would have taken forever, then. Much longer than it did.

I don't think of it like that. I think of it as a sudden, horrific transfer of weight upon Jesus. Once done, it is finished!