• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  22
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  455
  • Content Per Day:  0.06
  • Days Won:  0

Christ the True Vine

John 15:1-6

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The following is an Analysis of the passage which is to be before us:

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Content Count:  520
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  09/07/1974

did YOU write this or did you do some internet searching?

Does it matter?

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  75
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  1,955
  • Content Per Day:  0.26
  • Days Won:  1

Does it matter?

Man you copied a whole web page! You better watch out for the internet police for plagiarism.

http://www.pbministries.org/books/pink/Joh...ohn/john_51.htm

cwj... does it matter????

YES! if you did not write it, you should ALWAYS give credit, or at the very least a link to its source! despite my lazy writing habits when posting on message boards, i am a writer and have had many things published, both online and off. do you realize that posting an entire article without giving credit, or without obtaining permission if the author requires you to do so, is a federal crime that you can be prosecuted for, and can get WorthyBoards shut down?

i have personally had two websites shut down for failure to give credit to me for articles i wrote that they posted. it absolutely DOES matter.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  232
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  7,261
  • Content Per Day:  0.96
  • Birthday:  12/19/1959

Does it matter?

Yes it does matter. Articles for or against any idea or concept can be found with a quick internet search. I don't place much value in them as a whole. One of my favorite quotes was made by John Jay, the first US Supreme Court Justice, who said:

It is to be regretted, but so I believe the fact to be, that except the Bible there is not a true history in the world. Whatever may be the virtue, discernment, and industry of the writers, I am persuaded that truth and error (though in different degrees) will imperceptibly become and remain mixed and blended until they shall be separated forever by the great and last refining fire.

Don't try to prove something right or wrong with internet searches. Think for yourself and recognize the search for the Truth is exciting and should not be agonizing nor divisive. Yes, we can all at time be easily influenced by what we read, what we experience, and so on. But if we are going to find the Truth, we shouldn't just take what we read or hear and say it's the Truth. Only the Word of God read with the understanding provided by the Holy Spirit can give us the only Truth.

Now, I have not read the entire article but I will later. I got as far as:

The persons addressed in John 15 were the eleven apostles. It was not to unsaved people, not to a mixed audience that Christ was speaking; but to believers only.

The author is both right and wrong. He is right when he says that Jesus was not talking to unsaved people. But Jesus was speaking to more than just believers. He was speaking to His disciples, those men in whom he was about to entrust His Good News message for all mankind and would be responsible for bringing that message of hope for ALL peoples of the world...Jew and Gentile alike. If Jesus' discourse in John 15 was about the nation of Israel only, the Gospel would not have been meant for ALL peoples. I say again, Jesus was concluding the message that He wanted His disciples to take to the world and He was also preparing them for what they were to face in the coming days.

John 3:16 "For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Notice he just didn't say Israel...He said the world.

God Bless all,

Wayne

Let me say I had no intention of taking credit for this essay on John 15 by Arthur Pink.

I am not so great at pasting and copying ..so I didn't get the credits included, or maybe I was supposed to add them...

My answer "Does it matter" was no way in reference to anything of that nature...it was said to mean..."why should it matter who wrote the content?", it is the BEST interpretive essay I have ever read on John 15.

An answer to prayer...and it lines up perfectly with scriptural teaching.

STUDY IT !! I did before posting it....that's why I took some time coming back with it.

I actually think it is a great interpretation to share with everyone!

Yes I did some internet searching...just like you searched by reading books by christians in your searches...Saved by Grace.

I was not trying to "prove" anything wrong or right....

If you knew the anguish and prayer and study I have gone through in the past for the truth from God on this issue.......

Admittedly...John 15 is a hard to understand passage...some of the meat so to say.....

Saved by Grace you REALLY need to study this essay ...with your bible at hand.......

Blessings, Carl :il:

Let me also say this essay by Arthur Pink uses scripture to interpret scripture, strictly so.

I think you die-hard "freely walk from Grace" believers who really study this will have to come to a decision ...either quit debating the issue...or receive the truth.

The truth shall set you free :P

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  97
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

I think you die-hard "freely walk from Grace" believers who really study this will have to come to a decision ...either quit debating the issue...or receive the truth.

The truth shall set you free  :P

:blink: And if the "once you're saved, you're stuck and have no free will" doctrine is truly taught in the Bible then that's where I'll find it. I can read and I have study materials at my disposal plus I have the Holy Spirit.

And I'm already free because I already have the truth (thank you, Holy Spirit!) :P . :But thanks for caring anyway. :blink:

:P Been trying to show it to ya, sis... :P