• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

I confess I have an almost "0" interest in money. My mind doesn't conceive of an amount more than, say, fifty bucks.

I am just as happy without a whole lot but really though, i would love to have enough for my basic needs and every now and then get something i want like a new woodshop tool. I make all kinds of wooden things.

Do you? I am terrible with that kind of thing. Books are the tools of my trade. I know what you mean, though. You can't have enough tools. My dad always said, "The right tool for the right job." I thank the Lord everyday for prosperity. We are at a good place in our lives; the Lord has blessed us with the ability to meet our needs and help others along the way. To me, being able to do that is worth a million dollars.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

I confess I have an almost "0" interest in money. My mind doesn't conceive of an amount more than, say, fifty bucks.

I am just as happy without a whole lot but really though, i would love to have enough for my basic needs and every now and then get something i want like a new woodshop tool. I make all kinds of wooden things.

Do you? I am terrible with that kind of thing. Books are the tools of my trade. I know what you mean, though. You can't have enough tools. My dad always said, "The right tool for the right job." I thank the Lord everyday for prosperity. We are at a good place in our lives; the Lord has blessed us with the ability to meet our needs and help others along the way. To me, being able to do that is worth a million dollars.

:) thats a ditto for me - I keep thinking when is enough, enough :):laugh::taped:

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

:) thats a ditto for me - I keep thinking when is enough, enough :):laugh::taped:

It all depends on who you are married to, Gene. :laugh:

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Yeah pity you're already taken Marnie dare I say :taped::):laugh:

• Topic Count:  811
  • Topics Per Day:  0.12
  • Content Count:  7,338
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2

Yeah pity you're already taken Marnie dare I say :laugh::):laugh:

Why Gene! :) Oh stop, stop. Stop. lol

On a serious note, isn't amazing how the Lord puts people together? I mean, here I am. I have no problem spending money. Mike cannot bring himself to part with a dime. My philosophy is what's his is mine and what's mine is mine. No, wait, that's not how it goes, is it? :taped:

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  1,513
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  08/27/1959

If I had a million dollars.... well after the paramedics rescusitated me I would pray upon the matter and ask God where He would suggest I put it to. If I had more then I would invest it in my store and help create jobs in our area etc. :noidea:

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.56
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

If you're claiming you're tithes and offerings on your taxes, are you really giving?

Yes...anyway, when you think about it, tithes basically were the ancient Hebrew's taxes, because they were under a theocracy.

How much of their tithes were given back to them?

Lots, in nonmaterial ways. They didn't need our complicated system for determining what was taxed and what wasn't, being a much smaller community. Maybe it'll help more to look at it this way: Why should the government tax you on what you have already given away?

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

Yes i do those types of things. I have a very creative ability, i can make things out of wood, draw, do pottery, all kinds of artistic stuff. up until i became disabled i was unable to do these things, now i have the time to do them.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  499
  • Content Per Day:  0.08
  • Birthday:  01/27/1964

Yes i do those types of things. I have a very creative ability, i can make things out of wood, draw, do pottery, all kinds of artistic stuff. up until i became disabled i was unable to do these things, now i have the time to do them.

Well, I am envious. I am useless with tools. It's not for lack of trying, though. I hate it when my wife asks, "Honey, bring me the Robertson, please." What the heck is that? And I tremble when she asks: "Honey, will go to out to the shed and find..." I can't find anything in the shed!

I can do the grunt work....fix the fence, replace windows. But when it comes to "creating" things...nope. This is way off topic. Sorry.

The government steals money from its people.

Now you know that isn't true.

This country the money is NOT the governments. It is the peoples money. Caesar was a emporer, it was his money that he coined and distributed. The money today is privately owned. It is our time, effort and labor converted into a hard coinage that we use to trade. The government doesn't have any right to it whatsoever.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't "The United States of America" either stamped or printed on all coin and paper money?

The ONLY way the government can take it from us is through the threat of death. They take our money at the point of a gun and distribute it to those who don't deserve it.

Maybe I'm the only one, but the government has never threatened to kill me. And no government official has ever pointed a gun at me.

Again....I'm probably the only one this hasn't happened too.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The love of money is the root of all kinds of evil.

No one can serve two masters.