MK202002

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  171
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64
  • Days Won:  0

Ray: One verse is about Jacob and the other about priests.

You'll need more than that to convince me that God doesn't want races to intermarry.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

They don't have much, which is why their ideology has practically died off and the KKK has not been allowed to live.

If you look into it...which would be disturbing...you'll find that most KKK believers and especially neo-Nazi/Aryan groups, will teach paganism in the Norse gods or atheism.

In all fairness to the KKK, there are three distinct periods in its history where it served Three distinct functions.

The Klan, as founded by Nathan Bedford Forest, was not a hate group. Its purpose was to free the South of the Carpet bagger who was legally stealing the properties of the Southern citizen. Its main job, which it did quite well, was chase the carpet bagger from the old C.S.A. It dispensed beatings and lynchings based on crime, not on race. They dispensed vigilante justice to both races. They were indeed an organization composed almost exclusively of Church members.

Even in its second era, I believe that the Klan was composed of a good number of mis-guided Christians. If you have not grown up in the South, you really can not understand the mentality of the Klan type racist. Many of them are some of the biggest hearted, most sincere people you will ever meet. However, they were raised from children to Believe that the black person is inferior to the white man. That is how they were raised. Many of them have a true Christian relationship, but because of their rearing, they simply do not believe the Black person is entitled to the same rights as they are. They still believe the old sermons about not mixing races. That is what they were brought up on. When you look at the second era of the Klan, you will see that In the South, the Baptist church was dominated by the Klan. Everybody that was anybody in a town belonged. The Bankers, Lawyers, Sheriff, Police Chief, Baptist pastors, Baptist deacons, all were Klansmen in the typical Southern town. The Klan had the full blessing of the Church. The majority of the church families were active in the Klan. There is a picture in the museum of our town that shows a Klan Rally with 8,000 Klansmen present. The population of the county was only 12,000. It is intellectual dishonesty to disassociate the Church from the Second Era of the Klan. In the "Bible Belt," The people were Christian, and the People were Klan. Whether you like that or not, that was the way it was. The Klan was extremely racist in its second era, however, this racism was ordained and fueled by the Church; the baptist church in particular. The baptist preachers fueled the hate fire from the pulpit. You can still see this racism in many of the Southern Baptist Churches. Many are closed to black members. Racism is still a blight on the Southern Baptist Church. Even though the denomination does not endorse racism, they have done little if anything to purge themselves of it.

The third era of the Klan is pure racist hate group that no longer has the backing of a main line denomination or large group of believers.

There are actually churches that are closed to black people........in 2007???? I live in the south, just outside Houston and I have never heard of a closed church. My church has over five hundred members, only about 10 of whom are black, but they are as welcome and as cherished as any other members. We have Latino members too. I didn't even know it was legal to bar someone from church because of their race! How could any church justify this if they weren't a mosque?? The whole idea makes me sick!!!! :)

I can't imagine it either in this day and age. I had friends who were black. She and I use to go to church together, She and her family were my family. If fact the day my mom died I called Bea, She and Olden came down to the hospital and just as she entered my mom's room my mom passed away. It was as if God took one mom and put me into the arms of another. When Bea died several years later I was heartbroken. Their family embraced me and I them. We are like sisters. Shame on those churches who don't welcome all into their places of worship.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Any "church" that doesn't welcome someone because of the color of their skin isn't a church to being with.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

I'm not too convinced on the Baptist issue, either. A LOT, if not most blacks in my area go to Baptist Churches. Southern Baptist in particular. You may be right about this, I don't know. It just seems a little confusing to me that if Baptist churches were behind the KKK so much, that blacks would be so drawn to them. ;)

Where is the proof for this comment?

What kind of "proof" do you want? I know the churches in my area, and I know all of the larger predominantly black churches are Baptist. I don't know of any "studies" or "surveys" I can cite, if that's what you want.

Or were you asking for proof of my confusion? That would be this: :emot-crying: . Oh, but I guess I told you that already.

I don't mean to be flippant, I just don't know what you're asking for :emot-crying: !

I never heard that the Baptist were supporters of the KKK I just wanted to know where that information came from?

Ray: One verse is about Jacob and the other about priests.

You'll need more than that to convince me that God doesn't want races to intermarry.

I was just suggesting that those were some of the scriptures they use. It does not convince me either but you can do whole lot when you decide to twist the truth.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

if you go back to chapter 24, genesis, where Abraham made his oldest servant swear an oath, that he would not take a wife for his son, from the daughters of the caanites, among whom i dwell, but you shall go to my country and to my family, and take a wife for my son Isaac. this follows the promises God made to Abraham in chapter 23 in genesis, when Abraham did hold back his son isaac from the impending sacrifice, until God told him to let the boy go.

these promises were to be to Abrahams descendents, through the seed of Abraham. he wanted those descendents to be of his people and his family.

during the later history of the Jewish people, they were forbidden to marry the women from the countries in which they lived, due to their tendency to leave the one true God and follow the worship of the idols of their wives people. this was a matter of some of Gods' chosen people leaving the faith. it was not a prohibition of inter-marrying due to ethnicity. if God wanted to keep people apart due to such, why did he give us the ability to learn each others languages after he made the languages at the tower of babel with which he split us up and caused us to go our own ways?

so no matter where it is placed in biblical history or interpretation of scripture by the misled. a belief against inter-marrying due to ethnicity of races, is a man made prohibition, it is not of God and can't be backed up by the bible.

you were right in one of your earlier posts, there are many, even today that ignore much of the old testament. (now my addition to that statement) for years growing up in the south, i have listened to people trying to justify a non-biblical, Godless position by misquoting the bible. to use those verses for the purpose of making this stated claim against inter-marrying, is one of those.

also, i grew up in a southern baptist church in the south, i never met the first klans man. i saw a few marching in recruiting parades in my hometown, didn't recognize a one. one hilarious thing i did see, was a group of klansmen and their families, standing around in their camos, roasting hotdogs in a county park, to protest the gays in the park. it all seemed a little odd to me.

where i grew up, we whites disliked the ignorence of the klan almost as much as the blacks did, although we didn't fear them as much, we did fear them a little when i was young. that much hate and ignorence mixed together has to be a little crazy.

today, i am no longer young, i no longer fear them in the least and i still live in the south, but i will not allow one in my home!!!! and i would join in the defense of others against them. they are an embaressment to the south in general and to the white race specifically. today they are not just found in the south, as racism again raises its' ugly head, they are in the north and west. although we do stomp on snakes where we find them here in the south.

there is absolutely nothing in the bible that ever even tries to justify racism. not in the christian church or in any right thinking american. or any other person for that matter.

(i hope all of this makes sense, i was a little choppy getting it down and in order)

• Topic Count:  171
  • Content Count:  4,813
  • Content Per Day:  0.64

H.R.

I know you were just visiting their church at the time of that funeral, but these people still need some serious correction. I don't think I could just hear a comment like that and let it go. They need to know that they are in serious error.

You missed the point. During the "high water mark" of the KKK, the second advent of the Klan; the Klan was composed mainly of Church going members. These members were from the south. The south's dominant religious denomination was Baptist. Many of the Baptist preachers, deacons, and church members were also Klansmen. Many of the county and city Sheriff, Police Chief, Mayor, County commissioners, City Councilmen, Judges and Lawyers, and doctors were also Klansmen. You are forgetting history, or you have never learned the history of the Klan. The community leaders were also Klansmen. In the South until the mid 1960's it was as common (and as socially acceptable) to be a klanlsman as it would to today to be a Mason. The Masons and the Klan were also closely tied during this period of history. The vast majority of the white baptist preachers preached segregation from the pulpit. Integration was an idea forced on the South by the north. It was not an idea that was accepted by very many in the south. The south force complied with integration. The south did not take it willingly. The Church in the south was no exception. The predominant church was the baptist church. It is simple history actually. History is History. Actions were what they were. Whether we agree with them or not, they were what they were.

Another missing point. Most predominantly black baptist churches are not members of The SBC.

Also, As I stated earlier. The White slave owners built churches for their black slaves. The white church and the black church were both the same denomination. Usually they were located within a 1/2 mile of each other. The SBC has very few predominantly black churhces.

OK I missed the point and I'm still missing it. No I have never studied or learned a lot about the KKK except how bad they were. Yes the south may have been mostly baptist but they were not the only denomination of the south. So I don't know how you can focus on one denomination for the KKK. Can you link me to some web-site or historical book that documents what you are indicating to be true historically. I don't doubt that they had some part but to claim they had the whole part is hard for me to believe. Also I don't think your facts are to far from the the truth either but I would like to see it and read it somewhere on historical document other than based on what you are saying alone.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

thank you all for the interesting discussion. What should I do when someone comes up to me asserting white power and trying to convince people that white are better-blah blah blah. When I first moved to this town, I was shoked, now the shock is over, but I still don't know how to dispute the ideas with scripture. I mean, I just stand there and look stupid! I need to say something! And "Hey you shutup dumby!" is not as effective as the word of God. My gut implulse is to seperate myself from them, because the last thing I want to do is be associated with them, but people need to hear the truth at the same time. Racist beliefs are out there and there are plenty of people blinded enough to believe them.

2 Corinthians 4:4 The god of this age has blinded the minds of unbelievers, so that they cannot see the light of the gospel of the glory of Christ, who is the image of God.

And yes, God even loves KKK members. Of course he hates what they stand for, but everyone can be saved.

2 Corinthians 10:3 For though we live in the world, we do not wage war as the world does. 4The weapons we fight with are not the weapons of the world. On the contrary, they have divine power to demolish strongholds. 5We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  109
  • Content Per Day:  0.02

And the color associated with sin is black therefore anyone who resembles sin or blackness is evil but the Bible does not teach that.

The marriage to the foreign woman appeared to have been in the old testament; before Jesus Christ. For he

was born of a "foreign woman" being the Son of God.

I don't believe that a person with an open mind, would make the reference to a "black object" like sin as

completely bad. My Bible is black. I wouldn't call it bad.

How then can we find God's love for all, if we backslide from the obvious truths. :21:

Just a Thought

Everlasting

Bible Inspired Author

Moon Over Key Biscayne

:24: