MK202002

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  32
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  286
  • Content Per Day:  0.04
  • Days Won:  0

talkative today....maybe it's the free internet access...

Where do these KKK members get thier "christian" theology? I seriosly want to know, because as sad as it sounds the teaching sounds familiar to what I've heard random people say in the town I'm in now, and I need a way to convince them they are wrong using scripture. I also may (hypothetically) need to convince people who are just curios about the teaching that these groups put forth. I know they say something nuts like eupeans and white are the real nation of Isreal or something like that- got any more info?

oops- moderator, would this be better off in doctrinal issues?

• Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  47
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  313
  • Content Per Day:  0.05

The controversial would be better i think..

Well, its much like mormons i guess. They also belive that the ancient israelis where withe and the native americans as well.

I guess if people tell you it was so from birth you will belive it.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

They don't have much, which is why their ideology has practically died off and the KKK has not been allowed to live.

If you look into it...which would be disturbing...you'll find that most KKK believers and especially neo-Nazi/Aryan groups, will teach paganism in the Norse gods or atheism.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  281
  • Topics Per Day:  0.04
  • Content Count:  789
  • Content Per Day:  0.11

In sports particaurlly baseball I just learned this and I think it needs to be changed. When the pitcher throws a strike out the symbol for strike out = "K" so if you got a good pitcher and gets 3 strikes out it looks like KKK or more KKKKKKKKK.

Anyhow where the KKK gets some of its warped thinking from the Bible is.........

Genesis 28

1 So Isaac called for Jacob and blessed [a] him and commanded him: "Do not marry a Canaanite woman. 2 Go at once to Paddan Aram, to the house of your mother's father Bethuel. Take a wife for yourself there, from among the daughters of Laban, your mother's brother. 3 May God Almighty [c] bless you and make you fruitful and increase your numbers until you become a community of peoples. 4 May he give you and your descendants the blessing given to Abraham, so that you may take possession of the land where you now live as an alien, the land God gave to Abraham." 5 Then Isaac sent Jacob on his way, and he went to Paddan Aram, to Laban son of Bethuel the Aramean, the brother of Rebekah, who was the mother of Jacob and Esau

That could be twisted into not to marry outside your race.

Leviticus 21:14:

14 He must not marry a widow, a divorced woman, or a woman defiled by prostitution, but only a virgin from his own people,

Nehemiah 13:27

Must we hear now that you too are doing all this terrible wickedness and are being unfaithful to our God by marrying foreign women?"

So these are how they probably justify marrying only to the same race.

And the color associated with sin is black therefore anyone who resembles sin or blackness is evil but the Bible does not teach that.

There are probably some other scriptures that they twist as well but I don't know what they are.

I do not support the KKK in way or fashion and I think they are wrong for what they do. I hope this does not make me look bad for finding scripture they may use to twist the truth.

But the scriptures also tells somewhere that if you are not of the same faith you should not marry. So this means to me that if you are of the same faith but different races you can marry.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.09
  • Days Won:  78

They don't have much, which is why their ideology has practically died off and the KKK has not been allowed to live.

If you look into it...which would be disturbing...you'll find that most KKK believers and especially neo-Nazi/Aryan groups, will teach paganism in the Norse gods or atheism.

In all fairness to the KKK, there are three distinct periods in its history where it served Three distinct functions.

The Klan, as founded by Nathan Bedford Forest, was not a hate group. Its purpose was to free the South of the Carpet bagger who was legally stealing the properties of the Southern citizen. Its main job, which it did quite well, was chase the carpet bagger from the old C.S.A. It dispensed beatings and lynchings based on crime, not on race. They dispensed vigilante justice to both races. They were indeed an organization composed almost exclusively of Church members.

Even in its second era, I believe that the Klan was composed of a good number of mis-guided Christians. If you have not grown up in the South, you really can not understand the mentality of the Klan type racist. Many of them are some of the biggest hearted, most sincere people you will ever meet. However, they were raised from children to Believe that the black person is inferior to the white man. That is how they were raised. Many of them have a true Christian relationship, but because of their rearing, they simply do not believe the Black person is entitled to the same rights as they are. They still believe the old sermons about not mixing races. That is what they were brought up on. When you look at the second era of the Klan, you will see that In the South, the Baptist church was dominated by the Klan. Everybody that was anybody in a town belonged. The Bankers, Lawyers, Sheriff, Police Chief, Baptist pastors, Baptist deacons, all were Klansmen in the typical Southern town. The Klan had the full blessing of the Church. The majority of the church families were active in the Klan. There is a picture in the museum of our town that shows a Klan Rally with 8,000 Klansmen present. The population of the county was only 12,000. It is intellectual dishonesty to disassociate the Church from the Second Era of the Klan. In the "Bible Belt," The people were Christian, and the People were Klan. Whether you like that or not, that was the way it was. The Klan was extremely racist in its second era, however, this racism was ordained and fueled by the Church; the baptist church in particular. The baptist preachers fueled the hate fire from the pulpit. You can still see this racism in many of the Southern Baptist Churches. Many are closed to black members. Racism is still a blight on the Southern Baptist Church. Even though the denomination does not endorse racism, they have done little if anything to purge themselves of it.

The third era of the Klan is pure racist hate group that no longer has the backing of a main line denomination or large group of believers.

There are actually churches that are closed to black people........in 2007???? I live in the south, just outside Houston and I have never heard of a closed church. My church has over five hundred members, only about 10 of whom are black, but they are as welcome and as cherished as any other members. We have Latino members too. I didn't even know it was legal to bar someone from church because of their race! How could any church justify this if they weren't a mosque?? The whole idea makes me sick!!!! :wub:

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  160
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/26/1950

Some klan thinking comes out of a bottle. The klans type people who lived not too far from me when I was growing up were very poor because of drinking, poor education, and probably low IQ.

Rev. 5:9-10 "And they sang a new song: 'You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation. You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth'" (NIV) Wonder what they make of those verses. Probably never heard of them.

• Topic Count:  36
  • Content Count:  720
  • Content Per Day:  0.11
  • Birthday:  09/20/1947

Can't help you there - SA suffered from this kind of twisted thinking for nearly 50 years in some quarters. No amount of Scriptural debate would change the minds of the deaf. There will always be those who use Scripture to suit their own selfish agendas. All I can say is sick and sad :)

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  232
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

This has to be the most intellectually honest, fair posts I have read on the internet in a LONG time.

In all fairness to the KKK, there are three distinct periods in its history where it served ....

I'll pick out a few statements on comment on them.

Even in its second era, I believe that the Klan was composed of a good number of mis-guided Christians. If you have not grown up in the South, you really can not understand the mentality of the Klan type racist. Many of them are some of the biggest hearted, most sincere people you will ever meet. However, they were raised from children to Believe that the black person is inferior to the white man. That is how they were raised. Many of them have a true Christian relationship, but because of their rearing, they simply do not believe the Black person is entitled to the same rights as they are.

Well, some believe that Blacks DO have the same rights - but that they are inferior to whites.

They still believe the old sermons about not mixing races.

While us 'smarter' Christians simply ignore those VERSES in the old testament. And, I have observed, that the big differences between denominations is their interpretation of the OT. All denominations ignore parts of the OT, or at least certain verses. The fact is, prohibition on intermarriage is spelled out in the OT. But then, the OT is full of stuff we either ignore or label as "no longer applicable in the light of Christ." (Fact is, God's relationship with man changed radically when Christ rose, and parts of the OT simply do not apply today.)

That is what they were brought up on. .... The baptist preachers fueled the hate fire from the pulpit. You can still see this racism in many of the Southern Baptist Churches. Many are closed to black members. Racism is still a blight on the Southern Baptist Church. Even though the denomination does not endorse racism, they have done little if anything to purge themselves of it.

I have been attending a Baptist church in Georgia since 2002, and I am lost as to what you are talking about.

The third era of the Klan is pure racist hate group that no longer has the backing of a main line denomination or large group of believers.

Right-o! The Klan now has taken the form of the "Neo-Nazi" or "skinhead" and they are mostly atheist or humanist.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

I could never understand the mentality of these people. I just don't' get how you can hate someone so much just for the color of their skin. But only in America will we elect a former KKK to the United States Senate. Maybe you should write Senator Byrd and ask him what it's all about. He was not only in the KKK at one time but the one of the big Clansmen. Go figure.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

pizza guy,

if you would be so kind as to give me some verses or examples of where the OT teaches against intermarrying of the races. i would appreciate it. i am looking for the chapter and verse, but if my memory serves me, did not moses brother and sister, come complaining and griping to moses about his marrying an ethopian woman? which God did not seem to have any problem with. since moses Jewish brother and sister, complained to him about this union, it would appear as fact that those of ethiopian lineage, are and would have then been of another race, and this would have been intermarrying. in fact i believe God was a little displeased with the brother and sister about their attitudes.

this is found in numbers, chapter 12; though short, the entire chapter addresses this issue, it might interest some here.