• Followers:  10
  • Topic Count:  5,823
  • Topics Per Day:  0.76
  • Content Count:  45,870
  • Content Per Day:  5.95
  • Days Won:  83
  • Birthday:  11/19/1970

I will begin with a question:

Is it POSSIBLE that there is no supernatural being?

I will anwser with a question.

Is it possible the Pythagorean theorem is wrong?

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

Is it POSSIBLE that there is no supernatural being? I'm not saying that is what you believe, I am asking if it is -possible- that you are incorrect?

It IS possible that there is no supernatural being. That is exactly the point of faith. Faith is a leap because there is a risk involved. I believe the theistic position is right, but there is a chance I could be wrong.

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  92
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  07/09/1982

Is it POSSIBLE that there is no supernatural being? I'm not saying that is what you believe, I am asking if it is -possible- that you are incorrect?

If you see a building; how do you know that there was a builder?

If you see a painting; how do you know that there was a painter?

If you see a car; how do you know that there was a manufacturer?

The building is evident of the builder,

Likewise the painting is evident of the painter,

Likewise a car is evident of someone who made it.

Correct?

Look at creation. How do you know that there was a Creator?

Isn't creation also evident of a Creator's existance?

God says all of creation testifies about Him, and that no one will have an excuse on the day of judgement.

Spend 6 days in the wilderness with nothing, not even a waterbottle, and I promise you, you will find God.

Ever heard your conscience speak to you?

con=with science=knowledge.

Your conscience was given you by God to distinguish between right and wrong. So everything you do, you do "with knowledge" whether it is right or wrong.

This is how God has written His law in the hearts of every man and woman walking this earth.

Take a banana for instance...

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  73
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  3,663
  • Content Per Day:  0.52

Is it possible, FS, that you do not exist?

It is possible. I am open minded enough to at least accept that remote possibility.

I would then say that you have more evidence that a supernatural being exists than that you exist.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  183
  • Topics Per Day:  0.03
  • Content Count:  1,892
  • Content Per Day:  0.30
  • Birthday:  09/07/1985

It is possible that there is no supernatural being. However, if we want to jump into extreme epistemological doubt, it is also possible that this is all a dream state...or there are pant gnomes that steal our pants in the middle of the night.

Thus, is it possible there is no supernatural being? Yes, it is. Is it PLAUSIBLE there is no supernatural being? No.

Well said. :emot-dance:

Hehe pants gnomes.

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  5
  • Content Count:  60
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Birthday:  01/17/1964

Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done

abominable works, there is none that doeth good.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

Psalms 14:1 The fool hath said in his heart, there is no God. They are corrupt, they have done

I wanted to share with the non believers with the above dark statement. I have seen this quote shot around here a few times. Of course we do good. And the carrier of this statement isn't the bad person. This is how they are taught to view us. And is sad.

justaguy, there is none that do good, is said about EVERYBODY not just the non-believers.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  11
  • Content Count:  448
  • Content Per Day:  0.07
  • Birthday:  04/10/1981

I wanted to share with the non believers with the above dark statement. I have seen this quote shot around here a few times. Of course we do good. And the carrier of this statement isn't the bad person. This is how they are taught to view us. And is sad.

Psalm 14 was spoken in a specific time and place. It is wrong to quote the verse as if it deals with every atheist for all time.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,537
  • Content Per Day:  1.08
  • Days Won:  2
  • Birthday:  09/29/1956

justaguy, there is none that do good, is said about EVERYBODY not just the non-believers.

Silentprayer, you have always looked upon me as a good person and I want to take back what I said about Christians overall.

:emot-dance: I'm still praying!

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  249
  • Content Per Day:  0.04

John 3

Jesus Teaches Nicodemus

1Now there was a man of the Pharisees named Nicodemus, a member of the Jewish ruling council. 2He came to Jesus at night and said, "Rabbi, we know you are a teacher who has come from God. For no one could perform the miraculous signs you are doing if God were not with him."

3In reply Jesus declared, "I tell you the truth, no one can see the kingdom of God unless he is born again.[a]"

4"How can a man be born when he is old?" Nicodemus asked. "Surely he cannot enter a second time into his mother's womb to be born!"

5Jesus answered, "I tell you the truth, no one can enter the kingdom of God unless he is born of water and the Spirit. 6Flesh gives birth to flesh, but the Spirit gives birth to spirit. 7You should not be surprised at my saying, 'You[c] must be born again.' 8The wind blows wherever it pleases. You hear its sound, but you cannot tell where it comes from or where it is going. So it is with everyone born of the Spirit."

9"How can this be?" Nicodemus asked.

10"You are Israel's teacher," said Jesus, "and do you not understand these things? 11I tell you the truth, we speak of what we know, and we testify to what we have seen, but still you people do not accept our testimony. 12I have spoken to you of earthly things and you do not believe; how then will you believe if I speak of heavenly things? 13No one has ever gone into heaven except the one who came from heaven