FalseSyllogism

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

It's ignorance to deny the existence of God. God's existence is more obvious than the existence of our planet.

How is god's existence obvious? It is definitely NOT obvious or there would be no atheists.

God's existence is only obvious to those who believe in a higher power. Atheists can't see the obvious because they are blinded by pride of self. :emot-questioned:

Guest AV1611_USER

It's ignorance to deny the existence of God. God's existence is more obvious than the existence of our planet.

How is god's existence obvious? It is definitely NOT obvious or there would be no atheists.

Exactly. Everyone who has ever lived has had knowledge of God.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,055
  • Content Per Day:  0.17
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  07/12/1944

God's existence is only obvious to those who believe in a higher power. Atheists can't see the obvious because they are blinded by pride of self. :)

Wow Glory, whether you are right or not, I have my doubts as to what you just wrote, getting any so-called Atheist closer to God....

I would do a self check on it....

;)

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

God's existence is only obvious to those who believe in a higher power. Atheists can't see the obvious because they are blinded by pride of self. :noidea:

I think it tanks more "pride of self" to say you know exactly who or what happened to create the universe than it does to accept the fact that there might be something else that happened

Guest AV1611_USER
I think it tanks more "pride of self" to say you know exactly who or what happened to create the universe than it does to accept the fact that there might be something else that happened

That's the thing...we DO know how it happened. It has nothing to do with pride, but because we know the creator.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  1,022
  • Topics Per Day:  0.16
  • Content Count:  39,193
  • Content Per Day:  6.10
  • Days Won:  78

God's existence is only obvious to those who believe in a higher power. Atheists can't see the obvious because they are blinded by pride of self. :o

Wow Glory, whether you are right or not, I have my doubts as to what you just wrote, getting any so-called Atheist closer to God....

:o

Well, you may be right there, Hupo. It is better to try to open an unbeliever's eyes than to tell him he's blind. When I reread what I wrote I did a :blink:! That wasn't how I should have responded to one who needs the Lord. Heads up duly noted............. :huh:

God's existence is only obvious to those who believe in a higher power. Atheists can't see the obvious because they are blinded by pride of self. :thumbsup:

;)

Well, you may be right there, Hupo. It is better to try to open an unbeliever's eyes than to tell him he's blind. When I reread what I wrote I did a :40:! That wasn't how I should have responded to one who needs the Lord. Heads up duly noted............. :whistling:

Glory, it takes something to do a double-take and look back on yourself

You are blessed for being able to do so .... :b:

• Group:  Nonbeliever
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89
  • Content Per Day:  0.01

That's the thing...we DO know how it happened. It has nothing to do with pride, but because we know the creator.

That's exactly what I'm talking about! How do you know exactly what happened. Were you there? Did you see it? You might believe you know what happened but there is no possible way that you actually 100% KNOW what happened

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  207
  • Content Per Day:  0.03

The way I see it, we have 3 choices:

1. The universe is self-existing and eternal

2. The universe is self-created

3. The universe was created by something outside of it that pre-dates it. That something is self-existing & eternal or was, itself, created

Do you believe there are any other choices?

#2 doesn't seem to be a rational choice. "Self-created" ? It[self], as in, already existing [created] to bring into existence?

#3 appears to be and infinite regress unless you remove the "was, itself, created" (because then who or what created the creator of the universe, and then who created that?)

#1 is believed by many, but is can neither be proven nor disproven...

That's exactly what I'm talking about! How do you know exactly what happened. Were you there? Did you see it? You might believe you know what happened but there is no possible way that you actually 100% KNOW what happened

Shalom thesorgo,

There is a misunderstanding here of what KNOWING means. I can only speak for myself in saying that in the logical realm of the human mind, I don't know God. I can't prove God any more than you can disprove Him, yet my faith brings me a different kind of knowing, a knowledge that isn't logical, a knowledge that cannot prove anything yet a knowledge that works!! It brings me so much peace that I would go as far as to say..... I don't care if I can prove it or not, for me it is very real.

So while it makes me sad you don't see this amazing gift and acknowledge it, it is your life to live and you have free choice to live it your way, to follow God's way or not.

Halleluyah!! :)