systemstrike_7

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63
  • Days Won:  0

it really should not be a question of should i obey God's law or should i not. The law of God is life through knowlege wich leads us to wisdom through understanding and finishes with imputted admiration and love for our Guide. The law of God is perfect and good we don't have to wory about enforcing it or the repercussions of not knowing it. It is freely giving to all and the yoke of the laws burden rests on Christ so we are free to learn what God is like or wants or thinks through it as students not deliverers or enforcers. We have the freedom of forgiveness and mercy through Christ who covers us so we can enter the Holiest of Holies and see God..Fantastic thought you had ;) ..I love a thinker..

Shalom Slog,

WOW, excellent post!! :24:

And I see you are new to Worthy. WELCOME!!! :thumbsup:

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Romans 7:6

But now, by dying to what once bound us, we have been released from the law so that we serve in the new way of the Spirit, and not in the old way of the written code.

Galatians 2:21

I do not set aside the grace of God, for if righteousness could be gained through the law, Christ died for nothing!"

Galatians 3:19

What, then, was the purpose of the law? It was added because of transgressions until the Seed to whom the promise referred had come. The law was put into effect through angels by a mediator.

Galatians 3:23-25

Before this faith came, we were held prisoners by the law, locked up until faith should be revealed. So the law was put in charge to lead us to Christ that we might be justified by faith.

Now that faith has come, we are no longer under the supervision of the law.

Galatians 5:18

But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

Ephesians 2:15

by abolishing in his flesh the law with its commandments and regulations. His purpose was to create in himself one new man out of the two, thus making peace,

Philippians 3:9

and be found in him, not having a righteousness of my own that comes from the law, but that which is through faith in Christ

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Point Made!!

There is no point in me sharing anything more because you have made a Stand, which won't except any other person's reasoning.

Liz

Shalom Liz,

Amen, you are correct. There is a time to warn a divisive person and leave them. Titus 3.

I wonder if they said that about Paul.hmmm.................Wait a minute, he's the one that wrote that!

• Topic Count:  138
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,997
  • Content Per Day:  0.63

Point Made!!

There is no point in me sharing anything more because you have made a Stand, which won't except any other person's reasoning.

Liz

Shalom Liz,

Amen, you are correct. There is a time to warn a divisive person and leave them. Titus 3.

I wonder if they said that about Paul.hmmm.................Wait a minute, he's the one that wrote that!

Shalom Gypc,

Hmmmm. Not even.

Paul wasn't the divisive one. The ones who are arguing and refusing to consider any other Believer's views, are.

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

I'm going to throw my own thoughts in here, and please keep in mind that these are my OPINIONS, not actual fact. OK?

If you read Romans 10 and 11, Paul grieves that he doesn't see the salvation of his people Israel. He also states in chapter 11:22-24 that we as Christians are grafted in branches of the same tree of Israel. However, we look back in the book of Acts chapter 15, where the question was asked of the apostles about new converts following Halacha law (Jewish law). What was said? Let's read verses 7-10 and 23-29, shall we?

This first section states, "and when there had been much disputing, Peter rose up and said unto them, Men and brethren, ye know how that a good while ago God made choice among us that the Gentiles by my mouth should hear the word of the gospel and believe. And God, which knoweth the hearts, bare them witness, giving unto them the Holy Ghost, even as he did unto us: And put no difference between us and them, purifying their hearts by faith. Now therefore why tempt ye God, to put a yoke upon the neck of the disciples, which neither our fathers nor we were able to bear?"

Then, we go down to verses 23-29-- this is what they finally responded to the new converts:

"And they wrote letters by them after this manner: The apostles and elders and brethren send greeting unto the brethren which are of the Gentiles in Antioch and Syria and Cilicia. Forasmuch as we have heard, that certain which went out from us have troubled you with words, subverting your souls, saying, Ye must be circumcised, and keep the law; to whom we gave no such commandment: It seemed good unto us, being assembled with one accord, to send chosen men unto you with our beloved Barnabas and Paul, Men that have hazarded their lives for the name of our Lord Jesus Christ. We have sent therefore, Judas and Silas, who shall also tell you the same things by mouth. For it seemed good to the Holy Ghost, and to us, to lay upon you no greater burden than these necessary things: that ye abstain from meats offered to idols, and from blood, and from things strangled, and from fornication: from which if ye keep yourselves, ye shall do well. Fare ye well."

Now, here's my opinion, and you are welcome to it: my opinion is, if you want to keep Halachic law, fine, you can. If you don't, that's fine too, as long as you keep the above. My personal preference is to keep Halachic law as much as possible, especially in the food department. There are times I can't, for instance, my church services. However, we shouldn't judge one another by whether we keep the Halachic law or not, that's no one's business but our own. What we need to learn to judge by is His Word and His love for us. If I choose to keep Halacha, YOU don't judge me for it. I will not judge YOU by whatever you choose to keep, as long as it is the context of the above scriptures. How do we know what's right? We know by what the Holy Spirit tells us. It's time for the people of God to get in tune with the Third Person of the Trinity, folks. Again, my opinion.

Anyway, there ya go. Take it or leave it.

Love you all in the Lord.

Anita

Excellent post, Anita. Thanks for taking the time to write it. I agree except I don't think we are talking about Halacha at all here. This thread is about whether there is any wisdom to be gleened from the Torah today.

Again...this is all the Apostles and disciples had since the new covenant scripture weren't yet published.

But in the example you cited, the ruling was that the Torah should not be imposed yet they didn't say it should be neglected either. The passage ends with "for the Torah is read in the assembly every Sabbath".

It was decided that the Holy Spirit would bring people along at their own pace since the Body was a wild mixture of jews and gentiles in many differing foreign nations.

I am advocate for that position also.

It's like the bird, given freedom from its cage, but refuses to fly from it...

It loves its prison...

you guys are just arrogant. You aren't even listening.

OR....you have not experienced anything but legalism in your christian walk so you think that is what we're advocating. I promise that is a mistake.

First - for the 89,987,674th time....it is impossible to be JUSTIFIED by the works of the Law. Everyone on the hebraic side of this issue states that over and over and over and over and yet you guys keep arguing a point that no one is trying to make.

Secondly - If you say the law is "void" then you are not arguing with us.... you are argueing with God

Third - your insinuation that obedience to God is somehow disobedience only shows rebellion on your part.

fourth - we are all under the same condemnation and receive the same mercy so don't be so quick to judge us....especially since you can't address our responses. Why do you not answer the posts of this debate? Instead you change the subject with lukewarm soundbyte theology

Please reconcile how we establish the Law (from Romans 3 which was posted days ago) with your position

• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Yod....I love to study the Old Test.....I have been defensive when it comes to the law and grace. I ask you all to forgive me if I over did it! I love the body and I'm sometimes to quick to defend her from any form of false doctrine..........not saying that observing the law is false as long as no one is trying to be justified by it.

Peace and love to you all :emot-handshake:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Point Made!!

Liz

Shalom Liz,

Shalom Gypc,

Hmmmm. Not even.

Paul wasn't the divisive one. The ones who are arguing and refusing to consider any other Believer's views, are.

Oh, don't think that in 45 years of following Jesus I haven't considered other believers' views. I have considered those concerning this very thing, and I have considered them futile, and moved on. It is not divisive to follow Jesus, nor the great leaders, men and women of God that He has placed over me.

• Group:  Members
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Topics Per Day:  0
  • Content Count:  12
  • Content Per Day:  0.00

it really should not be a question of should i obey God's law or should i not. The law of God is life through knowlege wich leads us to wisdom through understanding and finishes with imputted admiration and love for our Guide. The law of God is perfect and good we don't have to wory about enforcing it or the repercussions of not knowing it. It is freely giving to all and the yoke of the laws burden rests on Christ so we are free to learn what God is like or wants or thinks through it as students not deliverers or enforcers. We have the freedom of forgiveness and mercy through Christ who covers us so we can enter the Holiest of Holies and see God..Fantastic thought you had :emot-hug: ..I love a thinker..

Shalom Slog,

WOW, excellent post!! :emot-hug:

And I see you are new to Worthy. WELCOME!!! :whistling:

thank you for the hospitality. I have had a very enjoyable visit and the conversation is rewarding :emot-handshake:

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AV1611_USER

It's best not to throw it out, seeing as it is from God. As for the laws themselves, I'm not sure.