• Group:  Steward
  • Followers:  110
  • Topic Count:  10,466
  • Topics Per Day:  1.25
  • Content Count:  27,812
  • Content Per Day:  3.32
  • Days Won:  130
  • Birthday:  09/21/1971

After getting national attention last week with comments supporting taxpayer funding abortions and calling the funding a "right," Rudy Giuliani thumbed his nose at the pro-life movement further over the weekend telling them to get over the issue of abortion.

http://www.worthynews.com/news/lifenews-com-nat3038-html/

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

Wow.

Well, there goes his nomination.

When are people going to wake up to the reality that we're talking about murder, here?

I was already skeptical about him, but this is the final straw. There is no way I would ever consider voting for him now. Fred Thompson is my choice, and I am hoping he enters the race officially. If he does not, I will go for Newt Gingrich. Had it come down to a choice between McCain and Giuliani, since I don't care for either candidate, it could have gone either way, but after those comments, I prefer McCain. I agree with you rtwo. He just committed political suicide within the Republican Party. He can't win the nomination without the backing of at least some evangelical Christians that make up a large portion of the base.

Agree on all counts.

And with Thompson's record on abortion (and the fact that I've pretty much agreed with most of his voting record on other issues), I definitely think he's the guy. Romney's not a bad choice, but I'm still a little fuzzy on his stance on abortion. I absolutely refuse to vote for a pro-abortion candidate. I think if Giuliani were to win the primary (somehow... which really won't happen now) I'd either vote for a pro-life indy or else just not cast a presidential ballot.

• Topic Count:  10
  • Content Count:  2,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.34
  • Days Won:  1
  • Birthday:  11/05/1985

I don't mean to inspire controversy here, but I am curious.

What makes abortion the be-all end-all issue for many here? Besides the obvious moral complications with it, why would abortion be the one deciding factor on supporting someone. I mean, for me someone who is strict on abortion rules would be a plus, but it is not my priority for a representative. For many here, it seems that abortion is one of the top issues for a candidate, and if they support abortion it is an immediate loss of support. Why is this? If I agreed with a candidate on all their ideas except for abortion, I would still support the candidate, while it sounds like many here would not.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  970
  • Content Per Day:  0.14

I have to agree, he just lost his nomination.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  22
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.01
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

That is exactly why Mr. Giuliani will never get my vote for president.

• Topic Count:  97
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  640
  • Content Per Day:  0.10

tell giuliani, to get over wanting to be president. :emot-partyblower::36:

it is a shame that we have so many laws that would put you into prison for killing a baby animal, yet nothing to protect a human baby. as it was predicted for the endtimes, what is right will be wrong and what is wrong will be right. we have arrived!!

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  331
  • Topics Per Day:  0.05
  • Content Count:  8,713
  • Content Per Day:  1.20

What makes abortion the be-all end-all issue for many here? Besides the obvious moral complications with it, why would abortion be the one deciding factor on supporting someone. I mean, for me someone who is strict on abortion rules would be a plus, but it is not my priority for a representative. For many here, it seems that abortion is one of the top issues for a candidate, and if they support abortion it is an immediate loss of support. Why is this? If I agreed with a candidate on all their ideas except for abortion, I would still support the candidate, while it sounds like many here would not.

Killing human life is bigger than balancing the national budget. :emot-partyblower:

Killing human life is bigger than balancing the national budget. :emot-partyblower:

That about sums 'er up. If a dream candidate is great on all counts, but then says, "you know, I think drowning babies is okay..." that guy ought not get elected.

Guest LadyC

i'm leaning towards mitt romney myself. someone said they were fuzzy on his stance on abortion... he's pro-life, and his voting record is pro-life.