TreyM

• Group:  Junior Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  40
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  77
  • Content Per Day:  0.01
  • Days Won:  0

Our hearts are saddened at this time over the events that have taken place at Virginia Tech. 33 people have been killed and many others injured in senseless, godless, evil and cowardly act violence that took place at VT. Please, please remember to pray tonight for the victims, their families and our country.

I'd also like to share a few thought on this subject of "Why would God allow this to happen?"

I'm not sure that anyone will ever be able to answer that question. It's been a question that has been asked since the beginning of the world. I'm not sure that I have an answer today, but I have given it a lot of thought. I know God has given people a free moral choice and that is the choice to to good and bad. Sadly may choose to do evil and violent things that effect others as it did yesterday. I'd like to share with you three thoughts to the question, "If God is great and God is good, why do the innocent suffer?"

1 - First thought: That is a fair question. It

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  1,157
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  07/25/1982

Our hearts are saddened at this time over the events that have taken place at Virginia Tech. 33 people have been killed and many others injured in senseless, godless, evil and cowardly act violence that took place at VT. Please, please remember to pray tonight for the victims, their families and our country.

I'd also like to share a few thought on this subject of "Why would God allow this to happen?"

I'm not sure that anyone will ever be able to answer that question. It's been a question that has been asked since the beginning of the world. I'm not sure that I have an answer today, but I have given it a lot of thought. I know God has given people a free moral choice and that is the choice to to good and bad. Sadly may choose to do evil and violent things that effect others as it did yesterday. I'd like to share with you three thoughts to the question, "If God is great and God is good, why do the innocent suffer?"

1 - First thought: That is a fair question. It

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  4
  • Topic Count:  144
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  4,512
  • Content Per Day:  0.68
  • Days Won:  10
  • Birthday:  10/07/1979

2 - Second thought: I don

• Followers:  6
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  6,075
  • Content Per Day:  0.94
  • Days Won:  3

Thanks for sharing :laugh:

• Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  97
  • Content Count:  5,850
  • Content Per Day:  0.84
  • Birthday:  08/11/1911

1 - First thought: That is a fair question. It's okay to ask that question. Somewhere we've been given the idea that if we ask why the innocent suffer, it is a sign of unbelief or a challenge to God. Not so. The Bible asks the question often. Even Jesus quoted the 22nd Psalm, as he hung on the cross, "My God, my God, why have you abandoned me?" It's a fair question. Not a question of unbelief or a challenge to God.

2 - Second thought: I don't know. The Bible never gives an answer. I don't know why the innocent suffer, but I do know that sandwiched up against the blackness of evil is the brightness of good. Ultimately I do know that God will not leave evil unanswered. I think there is a day coming when all of the crooked things will be made straight, all of the dark things will be made bright, and all of the innocent will be vindicated. I think that is what the cross of Christ is all about, and the resurrection is God's declaration that eventually things will go right.

3 - Third thought: Good is God's character and no matter what happens in this world, that can't change. What I'm saying is you can focus on the good in God or the evil in the world. I hope you have found enough goodness in the world to choose to keep lighting candles instead of cursing the darkness.

If God is great and God is good, why do the innocent suffer? That is a fair question. I don't know that there is a good answer out there, but I do know there is a goodness in this world that cannot be explained outside of a God who loves you and me. God IS good and all the evil in the world will not and can not change that.

I think it ties in with the first will be last and the least be first. There is also this

Luke 6: 20 And he lifted up his eyes on his disciples, and said, Blessed be you poor: for yours is the kingdom of God.

21 Blessed are you that hunger now: for you shall be filled. Blessed are you that weep now: for you shall laugh.

22 Blessed are you, when men shall hate you, and when they shall separate you from their company, and shall reproach you, and cast out your name as evil, for the Son of man's sake.

23 Rejoice you in that day, and leap for joy: for, behold, your reward is great in heaven: for in the like manner did their fathers to the prophets.

24 But woe to you that are rich! for you have received your consolation.

25 Woe to you that are full! for you shall hunger. Woe to you that laugh now! for you shall mourn and weep.

26 Woe to you, when all men shall speak well of you! for so did their fathers to the false prophets. :)

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  1,545
  • Content Per Day:  0.19
  • Birthday:  09/27/1968

I think it's simple:

God gave us dominion over this earth, way back in the garden. We are to blame for the mess, not God.