• Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

[

Right we all sin and fall short, every one of us.

But I don’t' see any of those versus you quoted having anything to do with a post death process of purification, its just not there. Sure we can lose faith and fall away, sure it may not be pleasant for us in this life or even at the point of death and judgment, and yes those who think they are secure may fall, and indeed we see it all of the time. But I just don't see that saying anything about the doctrine of purgatory.

I think you have shown some inclinations and done a good job and like Lewis I don’t find the doctrine horrible, but I just don’t see it directly in scripture, and I see some sort of danger that Christ’s sacrifice is not sufficient, that somehow we have some role in becoming pure.

It is only by Christ's sacrifice that we are redeemed. Like the Apostle Paul, we all must work out our salvation in fear and trembling. For we too, though we are Christians, may fall.

Page one's Bible verses show the concepts of Purgatory. The word Purgatory is not in the Bible...agreed. Neither is the word Trinity, or Incarnation, yet both of these concepts are supported by the Bible.

Praying for the Dead, and needing salvation in the NEXT life strongly show a need for purification.

The Jewish faith understands this concept very well. Christians have screwed it up.

• Replies 185
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

[

Right we all sin and fall short, every one of us.

But I don

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Followers:  3
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  9,613
  • Content Per Day:  1.45
  • Days Won:  9
  • Birthday:  05/31/1952

Wow! How far off the mark.

So the blood of Jesus is incapable of cleansing us from all sin? Believing that lie will get you into a lot of trouble one Day.

Here is the problem. You do not respond to a single point I made. You just say, "You're wrong, I'm right."

I have quoted the Bible. The Bible is quite clear that no one is assured of salvation. What is so harmful about purgatory?

Well the Bible is quite plain that everyone who believes is assurted of Salvation! What Bible are you reading?????

What is harmful is that first, it is a lie. Second, and most importantly, it renders the sacrifice of Jesus Christ as worthless, incapable of salvation.

So...the Bible lies. Ok.

No, there is no lie in the Word. The lie is from Satan, and you have fallen for it.

Hebrews 10:26-27

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

If one continues to sin after coming to Jesus, then of course, they have to face harsh judgment. Not purgatory. There is no other additional cleansing but the blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God.

So you're without sin?

We are considered holy people by God, when we walk with Him in obedience. As far as assurance. Jesus is our assurance!

1 Timothy 3:13

Those who have served well gain an excellent standing and great assurance in their faith in Christ Jesus.

Hebrews 10:22

let us draw near to God with a sincere heart in full assurance of faith, having our hearts sprinkled to cleanse us from a guilty conscience and having our bodies washed with pure water.

Hebrews 10:26-27

If we deliberately keep on sinning after we have received the knowledge of the truth, no sacrifice for sins is left, 27but only a fearful expectation of judgment and of raging fire that will consume the enemies of God.

If one continues to sin after coming to Jesus, then of course, they have to face harsh judgment. Not purgatory. There is no other additional cleansing but the blood of Jesus, the Lamb of God.

yep thats right. pretty much some of us are going to be in mansions, some like me probably going to be streetsweepers.

:):):crazy::stong:

I'll be happy with someone's outhouse!

Page one's Bible verses show the concepts of Purgatory. The word Purgatory is not in the Bible...agreed. Neither is the word Trinity, or Incarnation, yet both of these concepts are supported by the Bible.

Praying for the Dead, and needing salvation in the NEXT life strongly show a need for purification.

The Jewish faith understands this concept very well. Christians have screwed it up.

Actually you have screwed it up by putting forth a gospel of WORKS. Wrong and dangerous. Terrible, really.

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  400
  • Content Per Day:  0.06

Actually you have screwed it up by putting forth a gospel of WORKS. Wrong and dangerous. Terrible, really.

A gospel of FAITH WITH WORKS. Do not put words in my mouth.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  1,263
  • Content Per Day:  0.20
  • Birthday:  02/17/1961

A gospel of FAITH WITH WORKS. Do not put words in my mouth.

that would be a false doctrine. Especially when the word clearly says the following.

Eph 2:8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: [it is] the gift of God:

Eph 2:9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Rom 10:9 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved.

Rom 10:10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.

• Group:  Worthy Ministers
  • Followers:  23
  • Topic Count:  155
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  7,464
  • Content Per Day:  1.02
  • Days Won:  57
  • Birthday:  12/12/1952

What's to defend? It's a false doctrine.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Topic Count:  24
  • Content Count:  972
  • Content Per Day:  0.13
  • Birthday:  07/07/1964

Wow! I go to work and boom!!

Ok.........do we still sin? Yes.......1 John 1:8If we claim to be without sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us. 9If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just and will forgive us our sins and purify us from all unrighteousness. 10If we claim we have not sinned, we make him out to be a liar and his word has no place in our lives.

1 John 2:1My dear children, I write this to you so that you will not sin. But if anybody does sin, we have one who speaks to the Father in our defense