• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Topics Per Day:  0.01
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Days Won:  0
  • Birthday:  10/05/1988

My graduation is coming up and I had a rough time with immature classmates like :th_frusty: . But i must admit i will miss these days as i go in to the real world. I want to know what yours was like whether it was :24: or :noidea: or like mine or whatever.

• Group:  Diamond Member
  • Followers:  1
  • Topic Count:  21
  • Topics Per Day:  0.00
  • Content Count:  1,144
  • Content Per Day:  0.18
  • Birthday:  02/18/1978

I went to a small Christian school, and as much as the seven (!) of us liked eachother, we were all more than ready to leave. This was evident in our choice for class song and quote. We used "It's the end of the World as we know it" as our class song (instead of some mellow country song about how we were all going to miss eachother), and the quote on our invitiations (as opposed to all those sappy "new beginning" quotes) came from Lewis Carroll: "Start at the beginning; and when you get to the end, stop."

That said, we had a pretty good time. It's not as tragic an event as bad teenage mellodramas would have you believe - most people are just too busy getting on with life to notice the lack of high school.

• Group:  Royal Member
  • Topic Count:  95
  • Content Count:  2,315
  • Content Per Day:  0.30

i hated high school. everythign about it sucked. schoolwork sucked, people sucked, clubs sucked, teachers almost sucked, graduation sucked.

• Followers:  2
  • Topic Count:  115
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  8,281
  • Content Per Day:  1.12
  • Days Won:  3
  • Birthday:  10/30/1955

I got kissed by two pretty girls on the same day! (For me that's still a record!!!! :th_frusty: )

• Topic Count:  117
  • Topics Per Day:  0.02
  • Content Count:  3,860
  • Content Per Day:  0.55
  • Birthday:  09/13/1984

Fun...kinda stressful during the middle part...but it was good.

The ceremony was LONG. When you have to sit through 350+ classmates (a BIG class by that town's standards), plus a speaker that went WAY over her time limit, your bum gets really sore. :noidea:

During the middle of the day (about 12:30-3:30) was when I got ready for the banquet and dance. In Canada, we don't usually have a true "prom" like in the States, but there's a dinner and a dance to follow. The parents and other family are invited to the dinner part, until a father-daughter/mother-son dance, after which they go home and the party really starts :th_frusty: Our dance was great, but I think the best part was the after-grad party. The school of course offered a "safe-grad" (which is to say, they provided a bus and a safe location where everyone who was of age could drink to their heart's content and not have to drive home) and a "dry-grad" party, as did various people in the graduating class.

We--the graduating members of the youth group and those closest to us, including Jay' and Cind', our youth pastor and his wife--made other plans, though. We decided to go to my parent's cabin by a lake and spent the time together just enjoying ourselves with our own personal weekend-long dry grad party. I think we had a better time than anyone else that weekend.

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Which one ya want---high school (which I can't remember because it was so long ago) or Business school, when I lost my shoe picking up my diploma?

I'm getting ready to graduate too...from Bible school. Took most of my finals yesterday and today, with one more to go on Wednesday. Lemme tell ya, this 9 months in school has been a trip and a half. I'm amazed I made it through.

Anita

I'm getting ready to graduate too...from Bible school. Took most of my finals yesterday and today, with one more to go on Wednesday. Lemme tell ya, this 9 months in school has been a trip and a half. I'm amazed I made it through.

Hallelujah!

• Topic Count:  65
  • Content Count:  1,066
  • Content Per Day:  0.16
  • Birthday:  02/02/1961

Hallelujah!

that's what I say, Joe...but we'll see when I walk down that aisle on May 18th to get the certificate....my luck, I'll trip and break something, LOL

Anita

• Group:  Advanced Member
  • Followers:  0
  • Topic Count:  38
  • Content Count:  163
  • Content Per Day:  0.03
  • Birthday:  10/05/1988

To clear things up it is high school i am talking about so now you know.

:)

To clear things up it is high school i am talking about so now you know.

:P:huh::24:

You do know you posted your question on Worthy. :emot-eek:

Why Oh Why would we ever start staying on topic. :wub:

See! Now you done it! :o

We've gone from a HS Topic to a Topic Topic! :wub:

What fun! :24::24::24:

Post Early, Post Often!